• Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *adds "Holodeck" to the Memorial Plaque*

RIP
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, this is a major server crash lol, wth is happening at cryptic headquarters? :D
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Big bada boom.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well glad it's not just me, you think with a event to gain new customers the first thing they would have was a stable server. Lol yes welcome to.......reload... Your new ga......me .....server not respon.......please log back in.

Now new to the game should I stay or go...........?
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let me save the White Knights some time:

"...bbbbbuuuutttt but but but, it's not our dainty damsel Cryptic's fault, it's Cogent's fault."
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now I have to do War games over. That will suck.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Was playing ISA on my Delta when it happened. I hope the devs can fix this problem.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *sings off-key* Here comes the rage again...

:P
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gl2814e wrote: »

"...bbbbbuuuutttt but but but, it's not our dainty damsel Cryptic's fault, it's Cogent's fault."

"the smart man only believes half of what he reads, the wise man knows which half"
  • Options
    bougebouge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [rant]
    Where does all my money go? certainly not in to upgrading the abacus' they call servers.
    Open the casing on the thing, let more cool air flow thru...lol
    New content = more client logins => more system lag and DCs.
    Time to upgrade the ol 'Binford 900' cryptic, hopefully before season10 and not a week into it like in the past.

-i just needed to rant, thx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silly Doffs

• Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just posted this in another thread and it does look like Cogent could be a problem this time.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23314511&postcount=12
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is a feature that is working as intended guys. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the server.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mjarbar wrote: »
    I just posted this in another thread and it does look like Cogent could be a problem this time.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23314511&postcount=12

Cogent has always been a recurring issue, i'm not sure why anyone even partners with them these days, they were the bane of my existence as a wrenchman on the LoL forums :/
  • Options
    bougebouge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    This is a feature that is working as intended guys. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the server.

huh ? the 'lag ,DCs and unable to find servers...' is a feature working as intended ?
    give ur head a shake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silly Doffs

• Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh well, time for plan B. Watch baseball, and drink beer.:D
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    New marketing Blurb:

"Welcome to Star Trek Offline - we're just begging for another round of layoffs here at Cryptic Studios. What maintain the ability for player to actually connect and play the game reliably on a weekend? What do you think we are? A company that wants to make money?"

Sorry, but the fact they've had major connection and server issues for over a week and seem to just hand wave and basically say "Really, what issues? must be your ISP as Cogent is marvelous to us..."
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bouge wrote: »
    huh ? the 'lag ,DCs and unable to find servers...' is a feature working as intended ?
    give ur head a shake

This is the new status quo for Star Trek Online. You can either accept it, or move on to better things.
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gl2814e wrote: »

Do they pay you to say this TRIBBLE, again at peak time GMT the server has died, I switch on warthunder works great, wot works great my other online games works great. They pay for their connection server and it fails either get it improved or move on.

Oh and before you say the same about me, please give me another RPG in the trek universe and they will gladly see my money. Roll on Star Citizen with its mod servers, Star Trek citizen, I wonder how many long term whales like me would stay.....
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    litchy74 wrote: »
    Do they pay you to say this TRIBBLE, again at peak time GMT the server has died, I switch on warthunder works great, wot works great my other online games works great. They pay for their connection server and it fails either get it improved or move on.

Oh and before you say the same about me, please give me another RPG in the trek universe and they will gladly see my money. Roll on Star Citizen with its mod servers, Star Trek citizen, I wonder how many long term whales like me would stay.....

I could insert a massive paragraph here to explain how network congestion and routing works but i dont think anything i add will actually change your mind, haters gonna hate and some people will look at anything just to shout blame at the game company, needless to say another MMO based out of london also seems to be having connectivity issues, this would line up with the earlier traceroute that showed issues on a cogent hop in london, hopefully cogent resolve the issue in a timely manner
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I just logged in to take a look at these connectivity issues. While I was there, I finished up the Vault, leveled my Delta Recruit to RA Lower Half, commissioned his new ship, equipped it with purple space gear from my leveling reward, set up my BOffs, transwarped to the next mission location, and set up a full spread of DOff missions before logging out.

Not many of you have the courtesy to say where in the world you're logging in from; the few who have done this, however, give the impression that the issue has to do with communications from Europe to North America. Consider that your issue might lie somewhere along that pathing, as, if the issue were indeed server-side, it would logically be expected to impact everyone, rather than the few.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Consider that your issue might lie somewhere along that pathing, as, if the issue were indeed server-side, it would logically be expected to impact everyone, rather than the few.
    Not necessarily.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not necessarily.

Well i've seen 1 traceroute in this very thread that indicates that its a pathing issue, its one of the most common causes of lag
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A tech looks at a server, scratching his head: "There went my last beer... drats."
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,804 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I gave up today....way too laggy this weekend, unplayable and Delta recruit have succeeded into me finally taking a weekend off from STO :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All the lag was a clear omen. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cypherous wrote: »
    Well i've seen 1 traceroute in this very thread that indicates that its a pathing issue, its one of the most common causes of lag
    I was replying to the other portion of the quote, that server instability would hit everyone simultaneously and equally. It's possible it does, but it's also possible it doesn't.

I would agree the issue in the OP was very likely a Cogent issue.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle