test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I use a created dialogue ?

If I create a dialogue using the Create Dialog, how do I associate this dialog to an object?
Post edited by gravtronf2p on

Comments

• johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    search you tube for video tutorials by Kirkfat.

Generally speaking i don't think many people use 'Create dialogue'

If you are in the STORY tab, dragging a DIALOGUE WITH CONTACT over from the library on the right will place an automatic popup after the objective you place it under.

For a map-based dialogue, while editing in the MAPS tab, drag a POPUP DIALOGUE from the right-hand SPECIAL tab.
    highlight the DIALOGUE TREE bubble on your map and at the central bottom of your screen is the editor for the object highlited.
    under STATES, you can choose what makes it appear.
    I have never used the 'CREATE DIALOGUE' button.
  • gravtronf2pgravtronf2p Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    search you tube for video tutorials by Kirkfat.

Generally speaking i don't think many people use 'Create dialogue'

If you are in the STORY tab, dragging a DIALOGUE WITH CONTACT over from the library on the right will place an automatic popup after the objective you place it under.

For a map-based dialogue, while editing in the MAPS tab, drag a POPUP DIALOGUE from the right-hand SPECIAL tab.
    highlight the DIALOGUE TREE bubble on your map and at the central bottom of your screen is the editor for the object highlited.
    under STATES, you can choose what makes it appear.
    I have never used the 'CREATE DIALOGUE' button.

Thanks for the reply Johnnysnowball. I am beginning to think it's a feature no longer needed or never was needed. I was just experimenting with it to see if it offered anything I have not tried before. Again thanks for your comments.