test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whatever people say, I love DR!

voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
Yes, I like Delta Recruitment.
To me, it's one of the better events, and I am enjoying myself a LOT.

I hope there are others that enjoy this event...

As one said, elsewhere, I hope this will become a perma-event... :P
Post edited by voivodje on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Excuse me, sir? Sir! You forgot your endorsement check from PWE! :P

If one good thing came from this event, it's increased activity in fleets. I don't see many new players around, but many vets I've bumped into seem to enjoy playing recruits with their friends and fleetmates.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    As one said, elsewhere, I hope this will become a perma-event... :P

Making it permanent would actually defeat the purpose: to get as many new players to sign up as possible during the event. But they always want new players, don't they? Of course. However, the key to this marketing is that this event is for a limited time only. When people think they can do something any time, they put it off and may never do it at all. But when people see this event only lasts a month or so, they are more likely to actually sign up for the game instead of putting it off.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am enjoying it. The rewards aren't too shabby. I also get to use ships I deemed obsolete years ago, once again. I guess I am a sucker for nostalgia.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    I am enjoying it. The rewards aren't too shabby. I also get to use ships I deemed obsolete years ago, once again. I guess I am a sucker for nostalgia.

Or ships that we never used because we got them for the console or as a freebie during one of Cryptic's rare giveaway events.
  • Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Making it permanent would actually defeat the purpose: to get as many new players to sign up as possible during the event. But they always want new players, don't they? Of course. However, the key to this marketing is that this event is for a limited time only. When people think they can do something any time, they put it off and may never do it at all. But when people see this event only lasts a month or so, they are more likely to actually sign up for the game instead of putting it off.

They could make the individual rewards (story arc completion bonus, gear box every tier, the increased xp rewards ) permanent without a problem after the event. Make it just part of a new player kit, like how we get that first time buyers Zen box.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmm... here are my feelings on all of "DR":

I find that my Delta Rising Pack was an excellent value.

I find the story missions of Delta Rising to be largely busywork (patrols) with little actual story payoff. While the Bluegills were a nice touch, there were only two excellent missions in the lot of them.

Level 50-60 character progression is tedious at best. Add in specializations and Delta Rising introduced the most hellish grind to date.

The upgrade and crafting systems were good ideas but monetization concerns led to an overreach on player resources.

The gap between fresh endgame characters versus veteran endgame characters got much wider with Delta Rising.

The Delta Recruit event does little to actually address the aforementioned gap. However, I can't complain about a free farmer.
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Then I hope they'll make an Epsilon Recruit as soon as this one ends.
    Which would be basically the same, of course.
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like this event. SInce I don't really buy ships and so many other things, and I don't have a lot of the things that are not available to my entire account, All of my characters generally have all the same stuff. So it's just a matter of making them different in how they do things. And this event has made it easier for me to make a new character and get the resources to make him different from my others.

And I do hope they do this the next time they add another "faction" like the Romulans.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe you could get on Twitter and #ILOVEDELTARISING. Maybe even start a Trend????

P.S. My head just exploded and puss and goo went everywhere.
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Oh really grind new characters for benefits?

Is that bc DR made alts near useless?

Or is it bc they ran out of ideas so they needed some unnecessary grind before the Iconian grind?

Or because their " Metrics " say people aren't creating alts so now their metrics meet their expectations?

What would be the point of fulfilling such metrics? I mean really? For self gratification? Probably not. To impress PWE? That seems to be what people are implying but that makes zero sense unless you explicitly think that for some reason PWE wouldn't have a vested interest into paying attention to the various development stages of STO and wouldn't be able to put 2 and 2 together to realize that Cryptic runs events specifically to boost their metrics and therefore the metrics are unreliable.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So far I have enjoyed it. It gave me a chance to create an Andorian for my Andorian ship. So this character will be my first one I keeping 1 ship for that character to use only.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am really enjoying it as well. Tried some builds and play styles that i haven't really used before and ended up making a pretty fun Alt.

Yeah, end game will still be a grind, but i have time, and I'm patient. :D
    Insert witty signature line here.