test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruit Aegis doff...

dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
The Aegis R&D doff from Delta recruit is bound? Is this the same for everyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, he was, is and will be bound on pick up.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, thanks.

sigh.....
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly Gumarre isn't worth to worry about. Besides the aegis-thingy he really isn't betten than other blue doffs.

Just to clarify, you don't need him to craft the agies set, any doff with the right profession is eligable. He only allows you to craft it below school lvl 15.

Considering it need lot's of dil to craft (several purple components that need dil) and is still a tad bit worse than rep sets it's not worth it anyways.
    Once you hit 50 get the Solanae set from "a step between stars" and you've saved yourself from wasting a lot mats & dil.
  • Options
    crazyned1066crazyned1066 Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly Gumarre isn't worth to worry about. Besides the aegis-thingy he really isn't betten than other blue doffs.

Just to clarify, you don't need him to craft the agies set, any doff with the right profession is eligable. He only allows you to craft it below school lvl 15.

Considering it need lot's of dil to craft (several purple components that need dil) and is still a tad bit worse than rep sets it's not worth it anyways.
    Once you hit 50 get the Solanae set from "a step between stars" and you've saved yourself from wasting a lot mats & dil.

Are you certain of this? If so, I'll be very happy.

I was attempting to craft the Aegis set and was unable to begin the assignment because I didn't have Gumarre.

My confusion and doubt is because I'm pretty sure I have all the relevant schools at lvl 15 or higher.

Maybe I'm wrong - I'll double-check.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that, but can't check until tonight.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Is there any way to get Gumarre, beyond pure luck?

I don't see him on the exchange and the wiki site only talks about getting him as a random reward from the personnel officer at the academy.

Also, is he the only Aegis DOFF? Is there a common or very rare version?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You need a Duty Officer with the Aegis specialization to craft Aegis equipment. Just like every other crafting school needing a special Duty Officer to craft the level 15 items. Also, you need to be school lvl 15 or above to craft the level 15 items.

I don't see him on the exchange and the wiki site only talks about getting him as a random reward from the personnel officer at the academy.

There are only 3 ways to get Gumarre, maxing out the old crafting system which is no longer possible, be a Delta Recruit which is not possible for older characters, and luck from the personnel officer.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Also, is he the only Aegis DOFF? Is there a common or very rare version?

Delta Recruit to R&D lvl 1 (any school)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    You need a Duty Officer with the Aegis specialization to craft Aegis equipment. Just like every other crafting school needing a special Duty Officer to craft the level 15 items. Also, you need to be school lvl 15 or above to craft the level 15 items.

There are only 3 ways to get Gumarre, maxing out the old crafting system which is no longer possible, be a Delta Recruit which is not possible for older characters, and luck from the personnel officer.

Thanks for confirming my understanding.

I'm busy leveling up my DR, but I'm not looking forward to the grind. I forget how long it took me on my main toon, but I seem to recall it takes about a month or two (without paying for the shortcuts).
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you hit the Personnel Officer DOFF mission for R&D assistance daily, you'll eventually get Gumarre. Depends on RNG but you'll get him with time. With Delta Recruits it's a guaranteed thing but if you wanted Gumarre for a Non-Delta Recruit character, just hit the R&D Assistance daily.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you hit the Personnel Officer DOFF mission for R&D assistance daily, you'll eventually get Gumarre. Depends on RNG but you'll get him with time. With Delta Recruits it's a guaranteed thing but if you wanted Gumarre for a Non-Delta Recruit character, just hit the R&D Assistance daily.

Is that a 24hr mission? I thought it was longer? I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention - the other recruiting missions take a few days. I'll go back and make sure I re-run this more often. Thanks!
  • Options
    lordstipe2000lordstipe2000 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There's another way to get him, although again by luck, apparently he will drop from Federation c-store reinforcement packs as my Delta recruit now has twin Gummares because I got a luck drop from just such a pack. So new info for those searching for him. Sadly still bound though.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is that a 24hr mission? I thought it was longer? I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention - the other recruiting missions take a few days. I'll go back and make sure I re-run this more often. Thanks!

48h mission with a 48h cooldown
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.