test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

D'oh! That moment when...

timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
... you realize that you have been fighting the Crystalline Entity without shields halfway through! :eek:

Because I was so busy with staying alive, I did not immediately realize that my shields were still in drydock for upgrading!

I thought my shield display was either bugged or Cryptic had stealthchanged the mission to include a hell of a tachyon beam on the Tholian ships.

Only when I died, I checked my set up and was missing the shields entirely! :D

What a moment.

Unfortunately no spare shield in the inventory, either.

So, what the hell, back into the fight with bare hull.

I only died one more time, talk about hull tanking which my new Galaxy Class ship actually is pretty good at. :)

What are your D'oh moments? ;)
11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't change the power levels on my delta recruit's scim until a day or so after I started using it. I was wondering what was up with my limp weapons and spritely engines....
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ..deciding to do the delta recruit missions as I want that holo engie boff and not realising it meant dragging my pretty butt through every mind numbing mission I sought to avoid prior to DRR?
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Parking up above an exploding borg tactical cube thinking I could tank the explosion, only to realise that brace for impact is on cooldown, lets say there were 2 fireballs, oops :rolleyes:
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      When I swapped into my Pathfinder, forgot to equip my doffs, and then wondered why my TBR was pushing things away from me and making everyone on my team mad. D'oh.
      JWZrsUV.jpg
      Mine Trap Supporter
    • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Most recent, my Delta recruit just got promoted. I claimed my new ship, set up the gear and jumped into my next mission. I am immediately swarmed by enemies.

I forgot to put my Boffs in their stations before the shooting started.
    • cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Usually forget to switch back to full weapon power. I did that recently with my DR on the Miranda and was wondering why the Klingon's shields were suddenly invincible.

Realized the mistake and he went boom rather quickly :)
    • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      timelord79 wrote: »
      What are your D'oh moments? ;)

The moment when I first patched the game for Delta Rising and experienced how bad it really is. Srsly, it was so bad, I uninstalled the game some days later.
    • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      eating a bowl of rasin bran and then realizing that it is causing my LOUD flatulence........d'OH !!!!!
    • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Well there was that time that I went into Infected with a premade, and was wondering what the hell was wrong with my engines.

None there.

Fortunately, the first piece of loot was an engine, so there I had something.

This was pre-loadout and pre-shuttle visible at the same time.
    • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      lan451 wrote: »
      When I swapped into my Pathfinder, forgot to equip my doffs, and then wondered why my TBR was pushing things away from me and making everyone on my team mad. D'oh.

lol :D When I swapped into my Pathfinder, I forgot I have swapped into the Pathfinder and went into combat with only stock white gear, no consoles, no Doffs and Boff skills that didn't quite match the ship layout and profle - luckily I was using the Dauntless before, so it was still somewhat sciency.

D'oh! :P :D
      HQroeLu.jpg
    • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      When I first started playing, I completed the first few missions and got pretty confident in my ability to handle whatever was out there. Later, on my way to visit DS9, I spotted a Terran Empire DSE and though it would be cool to see what it was like. This was before I learned that they were meant for level 40 characters. Went boom pretty quickly, and the enemy Miranda wasn't even scathed. :o
      NJ9oXSO.png
      "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
      -Thomas Marrone
    • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      dgdolph wrote: »
      The moment when I first patched the game for Delta Rising and experienced how bad it really is. Srsly, it was so bad, I uninstalled the game some days later.
      So then, why exactly are you still here?

No, seriously. I'm not being snarky. If DR upset you to the point of quitting the game entirely, why are you bothering being here? Just to convince others that they should quit? o.O
      "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
      --Red Annorax
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Yeah, I once did a mission Saturday and realized I'd completely forgotten to take my ground armor out of the upgrade window before the mission start. :P
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      During one of the shuttle weekends, I queued up for a shuttle fleet alert, zoned in, and realized all of my gear was still on my starship. No weapons, no engines, no shields, no consoles. I swapped stuff in as quickly as a good before the fighting started.
      w8xekp.jpg