test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruit PvP

driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Now that we are all able to create a fresh character for Delta Recruit event, it might be the chance to make our own <level 60 PvP that's not full of the uber gear and items our mains already have.

What'd you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now that we are all able to create a fresh character for Delta Recruit event, it might be the chance to make our own <level 60 PvP that's not full of the uber gear and items our mains already have.

What'd you think?

I checked the PVP queues periodically while leveling two of them over the past few days, always empty every time. Its completely dead. Game is broken beyond repair.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    got a few while on lvl 10+ (now at 35). roms are op, that simple :D:(... the higher i got, the rarer it became that there's someone to shoot at, even at ker'rat.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I did find a Fed in a Star Cruiser in my Ker'rat mission. Killed him once and he left.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I've found that out too.
    What I meant in the end was to create some kind of PvP environment for endgame (50-60) Delta Recruits. They've been created all at the same time more or less, that helps nullifying the sheer inbalance with maxed out characters. I think it's actually doable.

You can be pretty sure they don't have Epic or UR weapons, maxed out reps, a vast selection of sets, lobi ships or items to choose from, expensive doffs etc. Not for a very long time at least. :)
  • Options
    sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can be pretty sure they don't have Epic or UR weapons, maxed out reps, a vast selection of sets, lobi ships or items to choose from, expensive doffs etc. Not for a very long time at least. :)

That's a bit naive. You seem to forget that as soon as someone hits 40 they can use a T6 Lockbox ship. They can buy universal consoles, fleet gear, etc.

Lots of PvP'ers have the ressources to do this. That's why Delta Recruit PvP is OK before 40. The lowest level the better in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sysil84 wrote: »
    That's a bit naive. You seem to forget that as soon as someone hits 40 they can use a T6 Lockbox ship. They can buy universal consoles, fleet gear, etc.

Lots of PvP'ers have the ressources to do this. That's why Delta Recruit PvP is OK before 40. The lowest level the better in my opinion.

Yeah but to be honest, who would give a lockbox ship to a newly created character, instead of one of your main who can get the most out of it? Yes you are "capable of" giving the Recruit a lockbox ship, but no one will actually "give it". :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah but to be honest, who would give a lockbox ship to a newly created character, instead of one of your main who can get the most out of it? Yes you are "capable of" giving the Recruit a lockbox ship, but no one will actually "give it". :)
    Lots of people would. P2W has been a huge problem historically because so many people do it. That's what balance is for, the lack of which has led to the lack of PVP.

Lots of people would do it.
  • Options
    sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    funny story, I was in Ker'rat on a level 11 on Saturday, and this Level 24 with the Black Poo console somehow glitched into the instance.

When the instance reset and Mr 24 was forced out, all five of the other Feds we were fighting fled the field.

Lesson being, there are a lot of people who lose their nerve if you take their toys away, or don't have any nerve to lose without the cheeze.

These people are used to specific abilities and consoles that simply did not exist when I was an active PvP'er.

What's abhorrent to me is normal to them and they don't want to lose that.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    I was in Kerrat yesterday alone on my new kdf vs 4 feddibears, all still < level 10.

Despite the odds being in their favor by 4 to 1, despite focusing on me and killing me 3 or 4 times, just because I killed each of them at separate times, they each 1 by 1 Warp!

I'm not so sure that was ragequit - it could have been plain old quit. People have other stuff to do - or they just wanted to finish the tutorial/daily and done.

Meh.
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    funny story, I was in Ker'rat on a level 11 on Saturday, and this Level 24 with the Black Poo console somehow glitched into the instance.

When the instance reset and Mr 24 was forced out, all five of the other Feds we were fighting fled the field.

Some time ago, for a short period PvP attendance skyrocketed, Arena and Cap'N'Hold were popping up like crazy full with people you never saw on a PvP map before.

Why?

Because a patch bugged out Tractor Beam Repulsors, leading to damage ticks in the ten thousands range, during a time where the pool of hit points and resistances were quite limited. One to three ticks were usually enough to make another player go poof. It was very silly.

When it got fixed, PvP attendance went back to normal.

Quite telling.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Lololol

I went Evul for Delta Recruit!

Figured there'd be more Targets in Kerrat and I was right!!

ffffs...

Female Federation Joined Trill Science Officer ftw :D

Because I can. Get it? If you got it, good and don't say a word, if you know what I mean lol.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Saturday and Sunday weren't too bad. Friday was pretty good.

Monday and Tuesday nights though...total graveyard.

Now make sure to thank cryptic for their excellent game decisions!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010