test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, now that the Iconians have been made plainly obvious!

shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
Wouldn't so many of the other warring species/factions, also be gearing up for a possible war?

That or, at least gearing up for a possible Iconian threat to them?

I mean, wouldn't the Borg seemingly respond to the possibility, of an Iconian threat coming?

Same for the Undine? The Voth? Etc.?
tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All other races have to, under the the threat of the B.F.G.S Crypticas dimension editor, take stupid pills so they don't notice the events coming up

Kind of like the stupid pills the feds took with the undine infiltrators...
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    who says they do not and did not?

Those planet killers the undine built sure as hell seemed like something you would NOT need to build i you just wanna go splash some fed or klinker dirtballs.

They already had ships capable of mulching a planet.
    Those planet killers seem to be aimed... at something more resilient than a planet.

The Voth... you know, i'm pretty sure the surgical strike using heralds will kill themselves on voth ships. lol.

Not to mention that the biggest herald ship we have seen was mildy bigger than a scimitar.
    Lets look back at hat fortress ship.....

The klinkers romulans and feds abuse timetravel for fun and profit. The Dominion just has gotten around 2800 new old ships and are informed about the iconian threat. Who knows what the founders are cooking up right now.

Perhaps we can get the tholians to join....
    Weapon disabl faw will probaly drive the heralds just as mad as it does players. The Trollian assembly on a roll....
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually... in the Romulan Republic storyline, you see that the Borg ARE aware of the Iconians and working on a solution to fighting them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some species actually just don't want anything at all to do with them, they feel that if they mind their own buisness the Iconians will leave them alone.

Eraun said it himself, the best way to deal with the Iconians is not at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Actually... in the Romulan Republic storyline, you see that the Borg ARE aware of the Iconians and working on a solution to fighting them.
    Some species actually just don't want anything at all to do with them, they feel that if they mind their own buisness the Iconians will leave them alone.

Eraun said it himself, the best way to deal with the Iconians is not at all.

these 2 posts, make the most sense to me IMO, so far.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    One of the Delta recruit bits that you get in the Romulan storyline says that the Cardassians(or maybe the True Way) see the Iconians as someone else's problem.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In a way, the "villains" of previous seasons seem to have been getting ready for the threat, just they don't like playing with others. If they had, the Iconians probably wouldn't stand much of a chance against them.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The "Other" will save the Iconians as they have in the past.

It has been predicted.

Mark my word on it.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looking forward to the mission where we got to the Gamma quadrant to ask the Dominion for help in fighting the Iconians!

Not entirely sure we could do it without them..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    gehenna1066gehenna1066 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They've mentioned a few times in a couple of the missions about how the Iconians were defeated last time only by a galaxy wide coalition that was able to over throw them. In my opinion, I think this is the likely outcome of the current story arc. There will be a mission arc where you have to run around and convince the other races of the galaxy to stand together against a massive threat. That's a very Trekish theme and has been repeated many times in this game and the various shows.

The other possible outcome is that STO has completely jumped the shark with this arc by introducing a race so unbelievably powerful that the only possible way to save everything is to have Q show up and snap his fingers to make the Iconians go away.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Looking forward to the mission where we got to the Gamma quadrant to ask the Dominion for help in fighting the Iconians!

Not entirely sure we could do it without them..

See now, something like this would make sense but, this is provided the Dominion even cares to help us!

Or, remain neutral/hidden or, possibly side with the Iconians like the Vaadwaur/Tal Shiar did.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    You guys aren't playing the delta recruit missions? The iconians were saved by another race.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    They've mentioned a few times in a couple of the missions about how the Iconians were defeated last time only by a galaxy wide coalition that was able to over throw them. In my opinion, I think this is the likely outcome of the current story arc. There will be a mission arc where you have to run around and convince the other races of the galaxy to stand together against a massive threat. That's a very Trekish theme and has been repeated many times in this game and the various shows.

The other possible outcome is that STO has completely jumped the shark with this arc by introducing a race so unbelievably powerful that the only possible way to save everything is to have Q show up and snap his fingers to make the Iconians go away.

This sounds like a possibility as well so, I don't hold my breath as it coming about either!

The problem though is, does the Q continuum even bother to alter such an event or, do they let it play out first?

• Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This sounds like a possibility as well so, I don't hold my breath as it coming about either!

The problem though is, does the Q continuum even bother to alter such an event or, do they let it play out first?

The Q's purpose is maintaining the status quo. They make sure 1+1 remains 2. They prevent random powerfull a##holes from making 1+1 being 45.
    They maintain the foundation of existence which is: the current status quo. Order Unchanging. Until existence ceases.
    I doubt they care about the lower planes, unless they wanna troll some bald guy.

The iconians have displayed quite some technological prowess, sure, but Tech advantage alone does not make for an easy win.

I played matches of Galactic civilisations 2 where the AI has a massive advantage in tech, a stick and stone vs armored tanks situation really.

Yet they lost. Because Everything has limits, a breaking point. The most obvious is always numbers vs area to guard.

Space, unfortunately for the aspiring Evil overlord, is big.

The iconians can bring a fleet, subjugate worlds but how are they going to deal with billions over billions over billions people floating around space in mobile habitats, constantly doing guerillia warfare and slowly but surely creeping up the technological ladder.... all the time being horrendously pissed....

What about outflier superweapons? Doctor Soran built star crushing torpedos. Fired from cloaked vessels, how are you going to defend that? The Krenim built a ship, protected by sidestepping time... and capable of wiping your progress out of time.
    We have subspace weapons, we have genesis, we have thalaron weapons....
    Red matter too.
    Or just dropping critical condition warpcores down on your planets...

I really do not see how the iconians will come out on top here. Even if they "win" they will be king of the dirtpile.

That one reman colony in the romulan story arc, those guys thalaronuked their own world just to spite the tal shiar.

yes... We are an age old race of whatever.. lets go to the one place we know is populated by massive a##holes! That will never turn out to be hell, surely not!

But anyway: i hope the game will tell us why the iconians even need to conquer anything. They rock around dyson shells.
    The iconians are only here for ****s and giggles and the evuulz. And i hope we get to push their buttons a lot.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wonder, once the Iconians are defeated, what then? Or are they just rushing things forward because their license might expire in september?
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Q is MORE likely to sit back and watch.

If Q even bothers to get involved at all, it will probably be to taunt us and remind us what 'limited' minds we have, then he might throw us a bone (direct us to a race or some relic that will allow us to have the upper hand against the Iconians)

Unless it was Amanda Rogers, She would be more likely to help than Q...assuming the Continuum allows her to
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I wonder, once the Iconians are defeated, what then? Or are they just rushing things forward because their license might expire in september?

Their license doesn't expire.
    Everything is status quo minus a few dev's.
    More lock boxes on the way
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Does anyone know what was said or done exactly to imply this? I'm unlikely to ever play the romulan storyline again and I don't recall seeing that before.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    The "Other" will save the Iconians as they have in the past.

It has been predicted.

Mark my word on it.

the one person that paid attention to in game dialogue is being ignored lol
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    burstorion wrote: »
    All other races have to, under the the threat of the B.F.G.S Crypticas dimension editor, take stupid pills so they don't notice the events coming up

Kind of like the stupid pills the feds took with the undine infiltrators...

Those are called "Smart Pills" or rainbow colored rabbit TRIBBLE in a labled jar the more you take the smarter you get and when you relise they taste like rabbit TRIBBLE only then are you smart.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Tholians are obsessed with Iconion technology, not only is this evident in the romulan story arc its said in the Delta missions.

It possible that Tholians are wanting the tech create a Defense against the Iconions but the Tholians have never really been seen as a bigger picture type and may be doing it just to protect their space.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Does anyone know what was said or done exactly to imply this? I'm unlikely to ever play the romulan storyline again and I don't recall seeing that before.
    It's the mission with the Borg Cube that has a giant sphere shaped section missing from it(Sleepers). There's a console with an optional dialog that talks about what happened to the ship. I made a screenshot because of the cool Borg LCARs. :P It doesn't directly state what the Borg were doing, but it says they had found artifacts belonging to "species 29" and that they were testing them.

BTW... It's Delta Recruit time... perfect time for a new RR char. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    the one person that paid attention to in game dialogue is being ignored lol

facts smacts,,,,

:(
  • Options
    veryth12veryth12 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    But anyway: i hope the game will tell us why the iconians even need to conquer anything. They rock around dyson shells.
    The iconians are only here for ****s and giggles and the evuulz. And i hope we get to push their buttons a lot.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. They never actually say why the Iconias are doing what they are doing. When the game first launched, I personally figured it was just to keep the people of the galaxy at each other's throats and that the Iconians were just anti-alliance at heart. Just precautions to prevent an intergalatic coalittion that might someday rival the Iconians by preventing them from being friends and giving them set backs to prevent them from developing technologies.

This made a little less sense when we realized they were actually in the Andronida galaxy. Why should they care about the Milky Way? There is no way actions here could impact them...

Now that they are directly attacking, it makes even less sense... unless there was something specific they were working towards, but that has not been shared yet ...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    veryth12 wrote: »
    I was actually thinking about this the other day. They never actually say why the Iconias are doing what they are doing. When the game first launched, I personally figured it was just to keep the people of the galaxy at each other's throats and that the Iconians were just anti-alliance at heart. Just precautions to prevent an intergalatic coalittion that might someday rival the Iconians by preventing them from being friends and giving them set backs to prevent them from developing technologies.

This made a little less sense when we realized they were actually in the Andronida galaxy. Why should they care about the Milky Way? There is no way actions here could impact them...

Now that they are directly attacking, it makes even less sense... unless there was something specific they were working towards, but that has not been shared yet ...
    In the mission where you reset the gateways, you see info on an Iconian computer that suggests they are planning to rebuild their destroyed homeworld.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One of the Delta recruit bits that you get in the Romulan storyline says that the Cardassians(or maybe the True Way) see the Iconians as someone else's problem.

If I remember the "Skirmish" Episodes DR Tech thing correctly, it states that the Cardassian's just aren't interested in a possible threat from the Iconian's. That said, (And under speculation) if the Iconian's were to invade Cardassia Prime, then they would take notice. .
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have 3 question about the iconians; we know that they were destroyed; but:

by who?

and where are these ancient enemies of the iconians?

if they are still alive somewhere, maybe they could help the alliance?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wouldn't so many of the other warring species/factions, also be gearing up for a possible war?

That or, at least gearing up for a possible Iconian threat to them?

I mean, wouldn't the Borg seemingly respond to the possibility, of an Iconian threat coming?

Same for the Undine? The Voth? Etc.?

from the way the information that temporal agent put it, the 8472 are a contributing cause for the loss of the galaxy to the iconians in the first place. the iconians know all too well how to push the 8472's buttons to get them to do whatever the hell they like. the 8472 would then be the fallen ones sacrific of the zerg to the iconian slaughterhouse when they are done. the iconians have got their claws too far into the 8472 to save unfortunately.

the voth have their heads of their asses, they dont care as long as they haz your stuff and call it theirs, they would likely end up being destroyed by the iconians then look at reason as they should of in the first case.

the borg may already have imformation on the iconians through the countless races they assimilated or destroyed over the centuries,but they would never willingly ally with anyone and expect their allies to get off the hook that easy when the dust settles on the iconian side. it would be too dangerous allowing the borg to be allied up with the allied forces. they are an outside influence that may or may not have a baring in the fight..

..same for the breen, always the ever dangerous and mysterious breen who never venture outside their own space except for the the occasional privateers. no knowing what motivates them.

the tholians are another question mark to be answered at some point, are the actions of the tholians seen those of the assembly or a rogue operation? and what is the official stance of the tholians as a whole? ds9 has some tid bits that the tholians had ambassadors in the federation including one who owed sisko a favor. so clearly there is a glaring discrepency here to explain tholian aggression. once that is answered fully, then their motivations can be answered a bit more. the temporal agent mentioned that the tholians are interested in the iconian technology. so dont expect them to keep out of the fight when it hits, especially in regards to a broken down iconian ship that is required to be towed to be taken apart and reverse negineered for secrets, tholians may come in and steal it for themselves for their own benefit.

the dominion have not been heard of since ds9 and the fleet that briefly took ds9 in sto was that from 40 years back even though it was known the dominion found out about it. but considering the founder, the dominion ships and troops that went back, the dominion were probably very happy with the way things went for them, but everyone knows that each side of the wormhole is off limits to anyone but non aligned traders that could work as intermediares. however i doubt the dominion will come through to help those in the beta and alpha quadrant, considering how expansionist the dominion are and the sheer strength the dominion have, the chances are the iconians would leave them alone unless they were absoutely certain they could beat the dominion. the only thing that may bring the dominion into the fight on the allied side is a treaty that the dominion can really benefit from and something that would end the hostile stand off, but it would have to go through odo to do it.

those in the delta quadrant are far too weak and disorganised to put up any challenge to the iconians if they force their way past the romulan forces and head through the gateway beyond the jouret system.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I look forward to the mission(s) where we try to track down what happened to the survivors of the last coalition that overthrew the Iconians. There's still relics of the former Iconian empire scattered across our galaxy, but there's nothing from the ones who glassed Iconia?

I'd also like to know if there's any connection between that coalition and the Tholians (who have technology that moves themselves and other objects through parallel universes and time) and the Bajoran Prophets (who live in an artificial construct where time has no meaning).
    veryth12 wrote: »
    According to "A Step Between Stars" the Iconians are still pissed off about the bombing of Iconia and after they retake this galaxy we'll be used as slave labor to rebuild it.
    the dominion have not been heard of since ds9 and the fleet that briefly took ds9 in sto was that from 40 years back even though it was known the dominion found out about it. but considering the founder, the dominion ships and troops that went back, the dominion were probably very happy with the way things went for them, but everyone knows that each side of the wormhole is off limits to anyone but non aligned traders that could work as intermediares. however i doubt the dominion will come through to help those in the beta and alpha quadrant, considering how expansionist the dominion are and the sheer strength the dominion have, the chances are the iconians would leave them alone unless they were absoutely certain they could beat the dominion. the only thing that may bring the dominion into the fight on the allied side is a treaty that the dominion can really benefit from and something that would end the hostile stand off, but it would have to go through odo to do it.
    In "A Step Between Stars" one of the data files outright states that the Iconians are holding off dealing with the Dominion until after the other three quadrants are dealt with. They're confident they can take on the Dominion but it will require their full attention to deal with, not while fighting a multifront campaign.

What we need to do is convince the Dominion that their policy of ignoring the Iconians is putting them on borrowed time. We need to share with them what we've learned in the Dyson Spheres. We need to talk to Odo.