test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wil Wheaton does VO work for DDO

rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Ten Forward
Wil Wheaton does VO work for Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Source:
https://www.ddo.com/en/update-25-release-notes

What do you think is the possibility of him doing some VO work in STO?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You are asking the wrong question. The right question is are STO players ready for Wesley Crusher?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »

Source:

The issue probably is that they (Cryptic) would want him to do Wesley Crusher in some form, and he's stated he doesn't want top do Wesley Crusher again. in any form. So, (aside from salary, which I think they could come to terms on); Cryptic would have to sell him on their take of his character, and get him to do it. (And I say that because lets face it, for Star Trek based game, if he didn't do Wesley's voice in some form. there's really no reason to have him involved, as other VO actor's would probably be less expensive.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    You are asking the wrong question. The right question is are STO players ready for Wesley Crusher?

He doesn't WANT to be Wesley Crusher. That's why he refuses to work on STO. People expect him to return as Wesley and if he did any other role, they'd whine about it.

I don't blame him for not wanting to go back to the Star Trek community. They were unkind to him for decades and now that he's all cool and saving the internet, they want him back.

Well, no dice from the Wheaton! He's doing Firefly now!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Personally, there are other members of the TNG cast that I rather see adding to their talent to STO than Wesley Crusher like Brent Spiner and LeVar Burton. If Wil Wheaton doesn't want to do voicework for STO due to his experience with Star Trek fans, then we should leave him alone.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wonder if they could get him to sign on as MIRROR Wesley... Could be interesting...

Emperor Wesley Crusher, tyrant of a thousand worlds. He could be like Lex Luthor or Doctor Doom.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Emperor Wesley Crusher, tyrant of a thousand worlds. He could be like Lex Luthor or Doctor Doom.

That would be a fun role to play.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They give my favorite class some love and ruin the game in the same patch notes. Funny in the worst way
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wonder if they could get him to sign on as MIRROR Wesley... Could be interesting...

Knowing Cryptic, they would try to get him to do the voice of Jack Crusher II, son of Wesley Crusher.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Source:

Near zero. He hates Wesley Crusher as much as anybody else does.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Source:

That he did VO work for DDO's Reign of Elemental Evil instead of Neverwinter's Elemental Evil...

...heh, April 6th for RoEE vs. April 7th for N:EE is a trip...

...shouldn't say anything, but does it say something? Is he so put off by Star Trek, that by going certain degrees of Kevin Bacon, did he attach Neverwinter -> Cryptic -> STO and go "oh Hell noes!"

And ugh, I've got Family Guy stuck in my wee brain now.

Wil hWheaton
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I thought Dungeons and Dragons was some sort of card/board game. Now you're telling me there is an online card/board game?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I thought Dungeons and Dragons was some sort of card/board game. Now you're telling me there is an online card/board game?

It is a MMORPG but it does play closer to the real game than say Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It is a MMORPG but it does play closer to the real game than say Neverwinter.

Neverwinter is based off of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting and uses the D&D 4th Edition while DDO focuses mainly on the Eberron campaign setting and uses the D&D 3.5 Edition.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just got the Spam email from DDO yesterday. Still isn't enough to entice me to return to that Turbine studio POS.

Added: Surprised we can't get VO from Kate Mulgrew. She has done Flemmeth the witch in all three Dragon Ages.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is a lot of Janeway hate here.

Didn't stop them from trolling us with Neelix.;)