Options

No I.R.W. prefix for t6 D'Deridex

2»

Comments

• Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Slightly off topic. I can use the Mirror universe skins on my T-5U ships. But, I can't use the I.S.S. prefix. Really annoying.

Agreed. Ideally a means of unlocking prefixes tied to using specific skins would be nice and would add some value to ISS reskins.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm at end game and I don't have to deal primarily with the Republic command but with my fleet, which is largely imperial in its sympathy. (...)

While I feel your pain, nothing of that is relevant. The game does not recognize RP factions. When you choose a Romulan you play a Republican which then joins Starfleet or the Klingon Defense Force, so technically there aren't even Republic Romulans anymore :D

The IRW (or ISS) prefix are just there to reflect that those ships have been captured by the Republic/Starfleet and haven't had their insignis changed yet - but they are in terms of game-logic still used by 100% loyal Republic Romulans or Starfleet. What you seek and what many would like to have is a degree of freedom and customization that this game doesn't offer.

I would however generally welcome the option of "no prefix" for Romulan ships. I undertand why Starfleet and Klingon ships don't offer this, but since the RR is a cross-faction choice and all cross-faction (lockbox) ships come with the "no prefix" option, Romulan ships should get it as well, allowing for custom RP customization :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jermbot wrote: »
    So I guess that means intel is like science, something the Klingons have to hire out to get access too.

Klingons aren't very intelligent, so they have to outsource it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jermbot wrote: »
    I used that exact same reasoning once and then tried to run my character through the window of the Qonos Spacedock. I figured, "I paid 30 bucks for my Guramba, so I decide I can run out into space and swim my way towards it." Chastened by the window, I then switched over to my Starfleet toon and bought some fleet ship modules. I had decided the best way to interact with them was to buy a Fleet Miranda, a ship I've always wanted to exist.

On that day I learned that I'm not paying Cryptic for unlimited customization, I am paying Cryptic for toys to use in an MMO-RPG and that, ultimately, they decide how the ways that I can interact with those toys.

I do support your request for a refund and the removal of that ship from your account.

Edit, and I guess since it can use the D'Deridex skin, prefixes are meaningless and I like to pretend like my T6 ship is the exact same as the T5 ship I was using earlier, because my captain loves his ship and he'd never trade her away for something shinier or newer, I suppose I also support IRW being an available prefix for the Iconic D'Deridex.

That's kinda part of my character play. All of my ships for this character look the same and have the same name. I treat it as a retrofit for an existing ship. You can do that if your ships name and registry stay put.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    While I feel your pain, nothing of that is relevant. The game does not recognize RP factions. When you choose a Romulan you play a Republican which then joins Starfleet or the Klingon Defense Force, so technically there aren't even Republic Romulans anymore :D

The IRW (or ISS) prefix are just there to reflect that those ships have been captured by the Republic/Starfleet and haven't had their insignis changed yet - but they are in terms of game-logic still used by 100% loyal Republic Romulans or Starfleet. What you seek and what many would like to have is a degree of freedom and customization that this game doesn't offer.

I would however generally welcome the option of "no prefix" for Romulan ships. I undertand why Starfleet and Klingon ships don't offer this, but since the RR is a cross-faction choice and all cross-faction (lockbox) ships come with the "no prefix" option, Romulan ships should get it as well, allowing for custom RP customization :)

The fact that an IRW prefix option for the D'Deridex skin has been set in precedence, is very much relevant. It's relevant because it's a factor in my purchasing choices. The game system can recognize or ignore whatever the devs want to. My RP powers extend only as far as in game customization allows.

For the record I'm not demanding unlimited customization. If Cryptoc releases a ship that has a classic skin, but doesn't support a classic option of whatever kind, that's their prerogative. I only want enough data upfront to choose how to spend my money. If say a D'Deridex skin is available, an IRW prefix is available for all fleet ships of this type, except for the T6 fleet version, for whatever reason, some kind of exception notice should be in the description.

I have to either shelve this ship, effectively burning $30 or go in game and be a hypocrite. Complain on the forum and then go in game and benefit from the ship I complain about. It's a tough dilemma to be in. Some pre-purchase expectations, based on past iterations, are reasonable. If you've purchased a number of Warbirds, you'll notice an option to visit the interior. If all of a sudden you spend $120 for a triple pack of a new warbird and then discover that you can't go inside, should you have just reason to be a bit upset? The pattern so far had supported ships with an interior. If all of your previously purchased ships of this type have had them before, why pay $40 a pop and not have them now? Maybe Cryptic decided that ship interiors are functionally impractical and their gameplay statistics told them that the interiors aren't visited that often. So if they adopt a new policy where new ships don't come with inferiors, should you pay for the ship first and then find out about the change in policy? I think not and I believe there would be rage threads for days over that issue. It's really a case where this isn't an issue for the average player, they don't care or are indifferent, and so there's this big weigh in and tell me fifteen million times what I already know, while simultaneously missing the whole point of my contention.

This doesn't boil down to me expecting special consideration in exchange for a purchase, unlimited ship customization or license to do whatever I want because I drop a buck or two. It's all about having better up-front knowledge about changes in ship customization before purchase so that you can say, "no IRW prefix? No, thanks". Then you can pass, and there isn't even a forum thread about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    I'd love to see them prefixes gone, really.
    Or at least, not mentioned for delete.
    Quite bloody annoying.

You have the option to turn off the tags for starships in space. It's an option somewhere in the HUD preference menus.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    (...)
    This doesn't boil down to me expecting special consideration in exchange for a purchase, unlimited ship customization or license to do whatever I want because I drop a buck or two. It's all about having better up-front knowledge about changes in ship customization before purchase so that you can say, "no IRW prefix? No, thanks". Then you can pass, and there isn't even a forum thread about it.

I agree and am sorry if I misunderstood previously. If the option was available before (I don't know as I only picked up a Romulan after the T6 D'D was released; and RP wise mine's a Garidian - a "no prefix" option would come in handy :D) it should be available again, at least as long as you own the previous version to unlock the prefix then, like mirror ships did it before. I think right now it counts as a bug - but if so it is a bug of very little importance, and those don't get adressed very quickly. In fact, a myriad of small bugs and problems on the KDF side will be adressed just now - five years after launch.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also use IRW prefixes for many reasons. Disappointing that something as simple as a name tag that's already available on the other ships was neglected. Sure, it's just a tag, but this is a role playing game where these little things matter.

I mean, how much more wrong would it be to force KDF or ROMS to fly with USS prefixes just cause no one got around to it? Even if a ship is a republican, Imperials could still get their hands on one and use it, or gain access to ship designs and technology to build a similar one.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I agree and am sorry if I misunderstood previously. If the option was available before (I don't know as I only picked up a Romulan after the T6 D'D was released; and RP wise mine's a Garidian - a "no prefix" option would come in handy :D) it should be available again, at least as long as you own the previous version to unlock the prefix then, like mirror ships did it before. I think right now it counts as a bug - but if so it is a bug of very little importance, and those don't get adressed very quickly. In fact, a myriad of small bugs and problems on the KDF side will be adressed just now - five years after launch.

You're totally fine. I just wanted to clarify because I think that I had given the impression that me spending RL money = I have a write to haz special lulz. I just wanted to be clear about where I felt the ball had been dropped.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You're totally fine. I just wanted to clarify because I think that I had given the impression that me spending RL money = I have a write to haz special lulz. I just wanted to be clear about where I felt the ball had been dropped.

Bumping thread up. Let's not lose the issue here.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Bumping thread up. Let's not lose the issue here.

While we are at it :) hehehe :) we still cant use I. K. C. On our klingon ships..
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Corollary to the OP's question, why can't we have a prefix or even re-name the T6 event ships? I have a theme to my captains' ships, but the inability to change them throws that out the window. What harm could there possibly be in naming a T6 ship the way we want to???

It really makes Cryptic look all the more like the couldn't care less whether we actually enjoy the STO experieince... :mad:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Corollary to the OP's question, why can't we have a prefix or even re-name the T6 event ships? I have a theme to my captains' ships, but the inability to change them throws that out the window. What harm could there possibly be in naming a T6 ship the way we want to???

It really makes Cryptic look all the more like the couldn't care less whether we actually enjoy the STO experieince... :mad:

I hadn't heard of this before. You were awarded a ship with a permanent name already assigned?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You were awarded a ship with a permanent name already assigned?

Yes, the Breen carrier and Kobali cruiser were already assigned names on all 4 of my alts, and even though the "rename" ui came up, the names would not change for any of my characters. So my Rom/ KDF captain's carrier is named "Bulgaria", my alien/KDF captain's cruiser is named "Murmansk", etc. This is really irritating, since I would not want anyone to think that I chose those names for some off-beat reason, and they bear no resemblance to the rest of my fleet. :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Bwahahaha! I knew there were more real Romulans out there.

I will also not spend money on a D'D that does not support the IRW prefix.

The Republic is a lie. Down with the Republic!

Support a new Romulan Star Empire!
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yes, the Breen carrier and Kobali cruiser were already assigned names on all 4 of my alts, and even though the "rename" ui came up, the names would not change for any of my characters. So my Rom/ KDF captain's carrier is named "Bulgaria", my alien/KDF captain's cruiser is named "Murmansk", etc. This is really irritating, since I would not want anyone to think that I chose those names for some off-beat reason, and they bear no resemblance to the rest of my fleet. :(

Try to go to a tailor and "randomize" the ship visuals, then save. Then try to rename it. I once had the T1 Constitution get stuck with a default name, that somehow fixed it. Maybe it helps, if not try to file a bug report if you haven't already :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I support this wholeheartedly. Please Trendy, Taco or any dev, Please bring this up for consideration. If Romulan Warbirds can use the I.K.S. and U.S.S. prefix's certainly the I.R.W. one makes more sense as it's actually Romulan.

My Humble request is for it to be considered, for those of us who like to rp or who just like I.R.W. better.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Try to go to a tailor and "randomize" the ship visuals, then save. Then try to rename it. I once had the T1 Constitution get stuck with a default name, that somehow fixed it.

Missed this reply; I'll try it tonite & post results...:o