test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account susprended?!

captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
Anyone have any idea why I'd get the message "your account has been temporarily suspended" on log in? I've had this since yesterday, ticket went in (#150403-001087) and predictably no response.

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with me buying zen, but using skrill and my card as paypal is seemingly no longer an option.

Bleh, guess I'm going to miss out on the delta stuff then if support takes the usual amount of time to get back to me (i.e. several weeks). :/

EDIT

Susprended? Doh! [/Spellingderp]
I need a beer.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not supposed to discuss this kinda thing on the forums, a ticket is really the only thing you can do. No one here, not even the mods, would know why your suspended anyway.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Not supposed to discuss this kinda thing on the forums, a ticket is really the only thing you can do. No one here, not even the mods, would know why your suspended anyway.

Discussion of moderation is verboten, but afaik discussing this stuff is okay.
    Meh, I was hoping that a dev would see this and maybe make an inquiry for this special snowflake* :P

*was being sarcastic with that "special snowflake" stuff, but not the first part!

EDIT

The rules state that one can't post private correspondence from PWE/Cryptic/Support, PMs, mods etc. As no such correspondence has been received yet, I suppose it seemed okay for now.
    As for the "disciplinary actions" part, I did nothing wrong (that I know of) and as such I don't believe it is covered under that rule. Yet.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With a few, rare exceptions, devs are almost never on the forums during the weekend.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 35 seconds.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    With a few, rare exceptions, devs are almost never on the forums during the weekend.

I know, hence me posting it anyway in the hope of there being a rare exception :P
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 35 seconds.

A game with times gates

and the games forum has time gates

i wonder when we will have to grind rediculous amounts of exp between posts :D
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone have any idea why I'd get the message "your account has been temporarily suspended" on log in? I've had this since yesterday, ticket went in (#150403-001087) and predictably no response.

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with me buying zen, but using skrill and my card as paypal is seemingly no longer an option.

Bleh, guess I'm going to miss out on the delta stuff then if support takes the usual amount of time to get back to me (i.e. several weeks). :/

EDIT

Did you by any chance buy Zen through STEAM?
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There was a account ban bug within the last week or so that banned ISP from logging in.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Nope. I've never used sto through steam. This was all done through the browser (as I usually do).

I use the old client, though I do have arc installed just so I can redeem the codes from time to time.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015

When i buy zen i buy from the arc homepage since i dont use arc as my middleman client and dont trust steam when buying zen.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    When i buy zen i buy from the arc homepage since i dont use arc as my middleman client and dont trust steam when buying zen.

Oh, you have the same issue?

Btw, just tried tribble on the off chance it was a holodeck thing, but no joy. Still "suspended".

EDIT

Guess I'll go back to my playthrough of dungeon keeper 2 then...
    I need a beer.

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arnthebard wrote: »
    There was a account ban bug within the last week or so that banned ISP from logging in.

i was going to state that, since its already in public knowledge there is nothing wrong stating that, beyond that i wouldnt want to step outside the beaten path. your problem could be related to that OP, who knows.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i was going to state that, since its already in public knowledge there is nothing wrong stating that, beyond that i wouldnt want to step outside the beaten path. your problem could be related to that OP, who knows.

It could well be to be honest. My ISP isn't a huge one by any means ("Studentcom"). Connection wise they've been nothing but top notch and their support has been surprisingly good.
    That's a UK isp btw.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PWE's new "fraud prevention system" had problems with steam. PWE claimed it was all steams fault. I guess we know better huh. :rolleyes:
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That is why I dont spend real money on STO...LOL, just kidding, it is because of the greed grind changes of DR...
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It could well be to be honest. My ISP isn't a huge one by any means ("Studentcom"). Connection wise they've been nothing but top notch and their support has been surprisingly good.
    That's a UK isp btw.

the way they stated it was that lots of people got banned by accident, they went out their way to clear it up as soon as it was known. this was a few weeks back during one of their maint/patch cycles that got extended. it depends when you last played sto to wonder what the logic is here, but thats not my business, thats between you and cryptic.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's a UK isp btw.

It was a different situation. The message shown during the massive IP ban foul up was:

'You are not allowed to log in from this IP Address..."

The message you're seeing sounds like an actual account ban. That said, it's surprising they wouldn't send an e-mail to your e-mail address that's registered with PWE giving some reason for the action taken; and a procedure to 'contest' said ban, etc.

The only thing you can do is open a support ticket with them and see what they say. I seriously doubt any of the actual Devs, Community Managers, etc. can do anything to assist at this point. Mistake or not, PWE appears to have suspended your account, and that action is between you, billing, and whomever oversees actual PWE player account management
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It was a different situation. The message shown during the massive IP ban foul up was:

'You are not allowed to log in from this IP Address..."

The message you're seeing sounds like an actual account ban. That said, it's surprising they wouldn't send an e-mail to your e-mail address that's registered with PWE giving some reason for the action taken; and a procedure to 'contest' said ban, etc.

Yeah. It's really weird. At first I thought it might be something to do with the account probabtion thing when they decide your buying patterns have changed, but now I'm not so sure.
    The only thing you can do is open a support ticket with them and see what they say. I seriously doubt any of the actual Devs, Community Managers, etc. can do anything to assist at this point. Mistake or not, PWE appears to have suspended your account, and that action is between you, billing, and whomever oversees actual PWE player account management

I'm fully aware that they don't themselves have a magic "unban" button, but I was thinking that maybe the devs or whoever could let the right people know something has gone wrong or something, but that's a long-shot.

Really, it's just a matter of waiting for the support ticket to be read by someone :(
    I need a beer.

• Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Did you mess with the temporal directive? :confused:

Erm... what? [/10chars]
    I need a beer.

• Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2015

EDIT

Hey bro, probably fell asleep on yer keyboard and hit enter a few times with the wrong password.

I did the same thing. Was suspended temporarily. :D
  • Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PWE's new "fraud prevention system" had problems with steam. PWE claimed it was all steams fault. I guess we know better huh. :rolleyes:

I only log in with steam, and i live in the boonies. No ISP ban here.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tamujiin wrote: »
    I only log in with steam, and i live in the boonies. No ISP ban here.
    Only if you bought zen through steam.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    tamujiin wrote: »
    Hey bro, probably fell asleep on yer keyboard and hit enter a few times with the wrong password.

I did the same thing. Was suspended temporarily. :D

Nope. That isn't it. I can guarantee that I haven't entered the wrong passwords etc as I haven't actually been on all that much and I certainly don't remember putting in the wrong password.
    I can rule out it being a 'friend' trying it as 1. I don't let them in my room if I'm not there 2. They don't even know I play sto. Heck, most of them don't even know I like trek.

Nah. I'm pretty sure it's something on their end, likely a false positive triggered in one of their security systems.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guess I'll go back to my playthrough of dungeon keeper 2 then...

Dungeon keeper 2 was awesome! Until one of my salamanders got a gambling addiction...
  • Options
    driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You may try writing to customer support and try to reason with them. Can't guarantee the outcome, never really tried myself. Technically you're lucky, if it was more permanent you'd have gotten a "this account is banned" error from the launcher as far as I know. Probably it's nothing too serious.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You may try writing to customer support and try to reason with them.

I've already put a ticket in and tbh I doubt it'll get seen before Monday. I've had to deal with them in the past and they've never been exactly speedy when it comes to dealing with tickets. What with it being Easter and a weekend, I'm not optimistic.
    Can't guarantee the outcome, never really tried myself. Technically you're lucky, if it was more permanent you'd have gotten a "this account is banned" error from the launcher as far as I know. Probably it's nothing too serious.

That was my thinking. Especially as the arc wallet is being changed or something at the moment. I figure it's just something has unintentionally tripped on my account.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone have any idea why I'd get the message "your account has been temporarily suspended" on log in?

I know Crytic/PWE recently implemented a function where, if you buy something from the Zen Store, either for the first time, or you have not bought anything in some time, i.e. not recently, Cryptic/PWE will freeze your account just in case someone hijacked your account from you.

P.S. Please, allow me to Google That for You! [ Click HERE to Google Seach Your Problem! ]

Best Regards,

T9
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    thetanine wrote: »
    I know Crytic/PWE recently implemented a function where, if you buy something from the Zen Store, either for the first time, or you have not bought anything in some time, i.e. not recently, Cryptic/PWE will freeze your account just in case someone hijacked your account from you.

P.S. Please, allow me to Google That for You! [ Click HERE to Google Seach Your Problem! ]

Best Regards,

T9

Whoa!
    I have bought zen fairly regularly for the last few months. I'm pretty sure that if it was a zen freeze, then it wasn't legitimate ;)
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Are you referring to this complaint?

If you are then you should know it WAS all Steam's fault. The OP of that thread got his Steam account banned and all the games on it because he used prepaid cards to put funds into his Steam Wallet and Steam banned all the games on his account including STO and accused him of making fraudulent charges.

Cryptic lifted the ban on his account because there was no fraud, and the OP had to fight with Steam for about two weeks to get them to admit that Steam made a mistake and lifted the ban on his Steam account.
    Yeah, PWE's new Arc /spit "fraud prevention system" caused Steam to flag the guys account in the first place. Lol, keep defending.

• Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here's to using the original STO launcher we got all the way back to Beta and/or Season One.

Steam nor ARC are required to play Star Trek Online. :)

P.S. Best wishes to you OP. I hope you were able to get this all sorted out.

T9
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
This discussion has been closed.