test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy Class - my favorite ship in the game now... finally!

timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
I spent about 30 minutes in it, just flying around ESD going "Wheeeeeeee!" when hitting Rock & Roll. :D

It feels insanely awesome. It handles really well. Not the turtle it used to be back in the day.

She can turn, she can fight and she does it in style!

The model detailing is the best your ship artists have ever done!

It will take a real effort to get me out of this ship now. :)

No, it is not the best DPS ship in the game, but she doesn't has to be. I ran a quick CCA without bothering to reset my traits and everything and made 3rd place out of the gate.

Next on the list: photo shooting for some epic screenshots of her beauty.

Then some leveling of starship mastery and upgrade to fleet grade and I am set. :)
11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had a Galaxy for four years and made her work. All the people just getting one now and state they can "finally" command her are posers :P ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I had a Galaxy for four years and made her work. All the people just getting one now and state they can "finally" command her are posers :P ;)

It's not just the stats, though they are nice, it is the model revamp more than anything that gets me hyped.

the rest is just icing on the cake. ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    To make myself clear, I am talking about the Galaxy class design, not the Andromeda, which unfortunately, imo, suffers from Cryptic original overdesign syndrom and the proportions and several angles are just ugly to me.
    But to each his own. ;)
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like the Galaxy too but,

Not the new one, damn that is the ugliest ship they have released for many years, the deflector etc is just so wrong, i could put the old skin on but i expect more for the high prices they charge, just for the looks alone i wont go near this ugly thing.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »
    I spent about 30 minutes in it, just flying around ESD going "Wheeeeeeee!" when hitting Rock & Roll. :D

It feels insanely awesome. It handles really well. Not the turtle it used to be back in the day.

She can turn, she can fight and she does it in style!

The model detailing is the best your ship artists have ever done!

It will take a real effort to get me out of this ship now. :)

No, it is not the best DPS ship in the game, but she doesn't has to be. I ran a quick CCA without bothering to reset my traits and everything and made 3rd place out of the gate.

Next on the list: photo shooting for some epic screenshots of her beauty.

Then some leveling of starship mastery and upgrade to fleet grade and I am set. :)

Even though im no fan of the galaxy its nice to see the old girl her just deserves and get upgraded to T-6 :)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fewzz wrote: »

Not the new one, damn that is the ugliest ship they have released for many years, the deflector etc is just so wrong, i could put the old skin on but i expect more for the high prices they charge, just for the looks alone i wont go near this ugly thing.

I have to agree on the deflector dish. That just looks weird, no matter what hul mateial I choose it just looks stretched out and there's a weird central component which looks untextured sticking right through the deflector texture...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    fewzz wrote: »

If you just want the looks, you can use it on any Galaxy model in the game. The Fleet T5-U is not that much worse, really.

So, no need to buy it just for the looks if you don't want to.

I bought the new T6, because supporting the game for good work like that feels right and I get the slightly better stats in return.

I generally like the direction the STO "ship" has taken during the last month or so.

Keep it up, Cryptic. :)
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would be all over this ship if it could use Intel and Command abilities. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited April 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I would be all over this ship if it could use Intel and Command abilities. :(

It has a LC Engineering/Command Boff slot.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »
    It has a LC Engineering/Command Boff slot.

True, but it cannot use Intel abilities. Seeing as I already own the Command Cruisers, I have that covered.
    I was hoping it could use both.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited April 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    True, but it cannot use Intel abilities. Seeing as I already own the Command Cruisers, I have that covered.
    I was hoping it could use both.

Why would it? No C-Store ship so far has that ability and likely won't happen for a while.
    Only the lockbox grail ship, the Jem Hadar Strike ship, can do that.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been using the Galaxy Class ever since it was released in the game.
    Commanding the old, T5, Galaxy was like climing a mountain while chained to those big lead balls being used on prisoners throughout the history. Made it work because of love.
    Commanding the new, T6, Galaxy is not only as if the chains are broken - but as if I got a rocket engine installed in the rear. :P Tons of fun, without having to sell body parts on the black market to make it work. :D It finally truly is a fun and good ship to fly.
    I'm sooooo happy, it's finally the ship I wanted since....forever!!! :)

The amazing new Galaxy model is just the icing on the cake. It finally looks like the ship I know from TNG. When I logged in after the patch and saw my new Galaxy, I was shocked by the aesthetical improvement over what I've had before. The new one is gorgeous.

All in all, this release has been full of win!
    HQroeLu.jpg