test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy Revamp - No as i hoped...

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I'm a bit underwhelmed by the revamp of the Galaxy model, it really does not seem that great.

Elements of it like the Deflector seem to be based on the smaller 4 foot model instead of the superior and sleeker 6 foot studio model.
Also whats up with the phaser arrays? They look incredibly blocky and flat, and the texture just looks wierd.
Was honestly hoping it to be on par with the new Intrepid. :(

And yes, I did try refreshing the model in the Tailor, made no difference.
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It certainly has more detail than the one before, they did manage to fix a few things even though if they were actually looking at source material I have to wonder why they still get things like the rim windows and the saucer deflector array wrong. I was completely dumfounded to see that the Galaxy X, the ship that actually needed to be fixed, is still broken and using the old model, and not only did they not fix the window problems with the Venture skin, they made it worse. That's almost a slap in the face to the owners of those ships. I can only hope they have Iconic versions of the Dreadnought and Nebula in the pipe hence why this was overlooked, otherwise WTF guys?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC