test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Marks for Story Missions?

elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Reputation System
Just a thought that struck me while I'm running some delta missions on a one of my toons, would it be possible to add some reputation marks at the end of story episodes that could link to a reputation?

i.e. the romulan story arc and romulan marks,

the borg story ark with omega marks etc?

I know that a chunk of delta 'story'(i use the term very loosely) missions are not identical to other story missions, as in they are patrol missions dressed up, but they still yeild marks relevant to a reputation.

I mean the benefits of doing this lessens the burden for new players to struggle grinding marks in difficult queues they wont (likely) have the gear to be on par with seasoned players/toons.

Downsides however could include even more decreased numbers of repuation queues than there already is.

Just a thought.
[Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
Post edited by elandarksky on

Comments

• Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They should. "Surface Tension" rewards 15 Undine marks. It should stand to reason that the Romulan story arcs should award them and the Borg missions sould reward some as well.
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    This would be beneficial to players, and since there is a precident for it in some of the newer missions like Surface Tension and many of the Delta quadrant missions (albeit indirectly in the patrol missions, via the individual patrol rewards).

This would be a welcome addition to the current episode missions, though it may take some time for us players to actually see it if the Developers actually wanted to do it... They'd have to work it into their already busy schedules.:(
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Didn't think of that ^^;

But still just a thought/hope
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another thing to consider the Federation has a heap more missions than other factions. If they ever did this they would either have to give the Klingons and Romulans more missions so it is fair for all factions or Klingons and Romulans get more marks per mission again to make it fairer.

I have often though why they haven't done this. I did like some of the changes (marks for Undine and DR missions is great) but still playing missions like Bringing Down the House etc, you should get something, a choice of marks rewards for such missions would be nice a really help players along. They still are stuck with the time to level up their rep, so it's not as if they'll be playing a lot less, more likely instead of grinding so much they'll be working on alt's. This could be a good way to make the game a little more alt friendly, something that went out the window in season 6.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another thing to consider the Federation has a heap more missions than other factions. If they ever did this they would either have to give the Klingons and Romulans more missions so it is fair for all factions or Klingons and Romulans get more marks per mission again to make it fairer.

I have often though why they haven't done this. I did like some of the changes (marks for Undine and DR missions is great) but still playing missions like Bringing Down the House etc, you should get something, a choice of marks rewards for such missions would be nice a really help players along. They still are stuck with the time to level up their rep, so it's not as if they'll be playing a lot less, more likely instead of grinding so much they'll be working on alt's. This could be a good way to make the game a little more alt friendly, something that went out the window in season 6.

As a counter or adjustment, since there are more FED missions than the other factions, then an equal number of missions could have the rewards. Completing specific and important missions get priority in the selection.

I think something like this would be nice to see as they (hopefully) update missions and story arcs.