What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trouble loading the launcher

Comments

• Options
    sniperlfcsniperlfc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My proxy was set to none. I tried EU but still got account server timed out, waiting for the launcher to load to try US now.
  • Options
    k4yd33k4yd33 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still nothing, no luck selecting options or switching to proxy. =\
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still no luck, tried all options now, it simply refuses to play ball.
  • Options
    spike202020spike202020 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    same here too, when I did get the engage button after 20mins or so I just get disconnected instantly.

Virgin Media aswell, supposedly 152Mbit but current speedtest is 45Mbit.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same here just stuck on loading bar.

UK Virgin Media here too

How do you set to US proxY?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    theolopboytheolopboy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    On VirginMedia here and it was out of action around 5:30 this evening, I can now get in but it's not terribly happy about the whole shebang. Hopefully a sign as I can now get in they are starting to resolve the issue
    Correct forum join and LTS subscriber from date : 27/01/2010
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Virgin being trash, only just got internet connection back, launcher still doesnt work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have the same problem the loader is going so slow , I am running virgin media 152mbs in area 20. But my internet had been down till just 20 minutes ago as there was a major fiber broken from the storm. My friend 5 miles away still has no internet access with virgin, so i assume there is still major lines broken affecting sto for us.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\#####>tracert patchserver.startrekonline.com
    Unable to resolve target system name patchserver.startrekonline.com.

C:\Users\####>tracert startrekonline.com

Tracing route to startrekonline.com [208.95.185.44]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms routerlogin.net [192.168.0.1]
    2 8 ms 9 ms 10 ms cpc2-fare7-2-0-gw.6-1.cable.virginm.net [213.104
    .229.1]
    3 7 ms 9 ms 9 ms cosh-core-2b-xe-122-0.network.virginmedia.net [8
    0.3.160.125]
    4 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms brnt-bb-1c-ae17-0.network.virginmedia.net [80.3.
    160.250]
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 19 ms 14 ms 16 ms tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.
    174.18]
    10 16 ms 19 ms 16 ms be3000.ccr21.lon02.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.1
    4.141]
    11 17 ms 14 ms 16 ms be2329.ccr22.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.4
    9.89]
    12 17 ms 18 ms 16 ms be2494.ccr42.lon13.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.39
    .130]
    13 91 ms 90 ms 92 ms be2493.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.42
    .97]
    14 90 ms 92 ms 91 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.46.130]
    15 93 ms * 90 ms 38.111.40.114
    16 90 ms 92 ms * playstartrekonline.fr [208.95.185.44]
    17 96 ms 90 ms 92 ms playstartrekonline.fr [208.95.185.44]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\####>tracert patchserver/startrekonline.com
    Unable to resolve target system name patchserver/startrekonline.com.

C:\Users\####>tracert patch.startrekonline.com

Tracing route to patch.startrekonline.com [81.200.64.50]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms 1 ms routerlogin.net [192.168.0.1]
    2 11 ms 7 ms 7 ms cpc2-fare7-2-0-gw.6-1.cable.virginm.net [213.104
    .229.1]
    3 8 ms 6 ms 9 ms cosh-core-2b-xe-122-0.network.virginmedia.net [8
    0.3.160.125]
    4 13 ms 19 ms 12 ms brnt-bb-1c-ae17-0.network.virginmedia.net [80.3.
    160.250]
    5 19 ms 23 ms 20 ms ae10-xcr1.lnd.cw.net [195.2.9.149]
    6 20 ms 18 ms 20 ms ae6-xcr1.lsw.cw.net [195.2.25.29]
    7 20 ms 19 ms 20 ms ae2-xcr1.lnt.cw.net [195.2.30.54]
    8 20 ms 24 ms 23 ms te1-4-10G.ar7.LON3.gblx.net [64.208.27.73]
    9 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms NOMINUM.port-c2.552.406.ar4.LON3.gblx.net [64.21
    0.69.250]
    10 15 ms 15 ms 16 ms 81.200.66.253
    11 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms advancedsearch.virginmedia.com [81.200.64.50]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\####>
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    same problem here..

UK VirginMedia (50 Connection) Cant even get past an empty black window

http://i.imgur.com/V4uOWLb.png

Also checked downdetector for VM

https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/virgin-media
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    cornelianuscornelianus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm on Virgin Media too, and I can get in and play. I just have to make sure nothing else on my laptop is using video whilst loading the launcher. It has crapped out on me a couple times tonight, but I have been able to get back in and play. I'm in Scotland.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm on Virgin Media too, and I can get in and play. I just have to make sure nothing else on my laptop is using video whilst loading the launcher. It has crapped out on me a couple times tonight, but I have been able to get back in and play. I'm in Scotland.

Ken i shouldnae hae moved doon south lol
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    cornelianuscornelianus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All that extra oil greases the VM tribble wheel.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,993 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    another Virgin Media customer here, I'm on a 60 meg connection and it feels like i'm only on maybe 30-40 meg atm.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      i have also a problem with the launcher. I use Arc, when i click on "play"; the window of arc becomes white, and Arc is frozen during few minutes, during this time the launcher is not available. this is the first time that i encounter this problem.

when i can launch the game, i have no problems except the usual rubberbanding. I guess that there is a problem with the latest update of arc/launcher

btw, i'm not a virgin customer
    • Options
      jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      There has been a major issue with the 3 big isp providers throughout the UK effecting services.

Most of the south of the UK has been without any Internet for most of the day. With services only coming back online over the last hour and many of the people effected are still without any Internet.

So this is not a problem with cryptic even though I'm sure many will love to play the blame game but rather a problem effecting normal Internet activity.

People I know have had there Internet throttled to try to help with traffic to stop the outage spreading further thus most if not all online games, movie and TV streaming etc again has either been cut off or because of the lack of speed rendered unable to connect etc.

Just read that a 3rd party exervation company decided to cut through a main line fibre optic cable which has had a knock on effect throughout the UK and leaving some with out any services at all.
      JtaDmwW.png
    • Options
      meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      jam3s1701 wrote: »
      Most of the south of the UK has been without any Internet for most of the day. With services only coming back online over the last hour and many of the people effected are still without any Internet.

So this is not a problem with cryptic even though I'm sure many will love to play the blame game but rather a problem effecting normal Internet activity.

Geez, could you be any more egocentrical?! Fun fact for you to process: there are people living outside the UK, who are affected by this issue equally (yours truly, for instance).

P.S. And it's not even Internet-related; more of a 'stopped responding' kinda deal.
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      There has been a major issue with the 3 big isp providers throughout the UK effecting services.

People I know have had there Internet throttled to try to help with traffic to stop the outage spreading further thus most if not all online games, movie and TV streaming etc again has either been cut off or because of the lack of speed rendered unable to connect etc.

Just read that a 3rd party exervation company decided to cut through a main line fibre optic cable which has had a knock on effect throughout the UK and leaving some with out any services at all.

maybe, but i don't live in UK; and there are no problems with my connection (no work on the cables), well nothing. btw, i don't blame cryptic.

oh, btw when Arc doesn't work at the same time, STO website is unattainable, and i have this message "502 Bad Gateway"
    • Options
      adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      Geez, could you be any more egocentrical?! Fun fact for you to process: there are people living outside the UK, who are affected by this issue equally (yours truly, for instance).

Have you considered that maybe he lives in the UK and thus only has knowledge about what's happening here? As such doesn't it make sense that he would only talk about something he knows about rather than talking about other areas of the world that he has no knowledge about?

As it is I am a VM user and I had a couple of hiccups getting in this last hour but I'm in and aside from a bit more lag than usual everything works. I would suggest maybe something broke unexpectedly earlier and this is the result of ongoing work to fix it.
      ZiOfChe.png?1
    • Options
      meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      adamkafei wrote: »
      Have you considered that maybe he lives in the UK and thus only has knowledge about what's happening here? As such doesn't it make sense that he would only talk about something he knows about rather than talking about other areas of the world that he has no knowledge about?

LOL. I most certainly considered that! In fact, it was my point precisely! :P Namely, that he shouldn't tell the rest of the world that this is just an Internet thingy, simply because they had trouble with Internet in the UK.

EDIT: His precise words were:

So, I maintain that this was a pretty egocentrical thing to say.
      3lsZz0w.jpg
    • Options
      peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      For some reason I don’t know logging into the game as well as toonhopping has be unusually slow on my end the past few days.

Local internet works fine.
      animated.gif
      Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
      felisean wrote: »
      teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      EDIT: His precise words were:

So, I maintain that this was a pretty egocentrical thing to say.

I'm sure you will agree that when having a conversation with a friend, reading an article in a magazine or even reading a simple comment on a forum, most readers beyond having to use crayons to write, will correctly infer that, the conversation or dialogue, unless otherwise stated, remains subtext to the original point.

As the comment you are referring to came from a UK resident discussing a current problem UK residents are having in the UK with 3 of our UK based ISP's, i'm very confident that any comment made by that player, were aimed directly at UK players, who were also effected by the problems we are having in the UK with 3 of our UK based ISP's. just to clarify he was talking about the UK players with the issue, at no point did he refer to, or infer that the UK ISP issue was the same problem effecting players outside of the UK.

As the comment was aimed at UK players, having this issue with UK ISPs, and you are not from the UK, it would appear that your argumentative and accusational attitude is nothing but an attempt to either bait the original poster or draw attention to yourself. is that not the pot calling kettle black, even when the kettle is actually a teacup?
      tYld1gu.gif?1
    • Options
      jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      I think the luancher is working now tryed it this morning :D
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      jim625 wrote: »
      I think the luancher is working now tryed it this morning :D

w00t.. all systems go here too, was a little slower than usual, but maybe they are still working on lasts nights outage. i know VM engineers were working their butts off in Pompy last night (no naval jokes please) they had said they were throttling the speeds in some areas to help maintain an more active service throughout, which makes sense. hopefully things are properly stabilised by patch time tommorrow :)
      tYld1gu.gif?1
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      arc and the launcher work fine now. thx :)
    • Options
      shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Ok seriously, what the hell is wrong with the launcher and can we/I do anything to fix it???:confused:
      I haven't expereinced this yesterday, but here I am trying to get the damn thing to start for some 20 minutes now. I want to get excited about the new Galaxy Class and everything, but it's kinda' tough when I can't even get the damn game to launch. :(
      HQroeLu.jpg
    • Options
      carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
      edited April 2015
      Getting the same thing yeah. And I'm also in the UK. Takes forever if it even gets to the Engage button and when it does, it goes nowhere.
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      im in the uk just got back from work and trying to log in and its not working for me now:(
    • Options
      edited April 2015
      wait hold on it's starting now:eek: