test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do PvE queues have a matchingmaking system in place or something?

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
I keep seeing folks talking about how long it takes for public queues to pop for them. To be blunt, I've called them liars...cause that's not been my experience.

I keep seeing folks talking about how they end up in groups full of folks doing no DPS and without a clue as to what they're doing. To be blunt, I've called them liars...cause while there might be the odd person that shows up like that from time to time, that's simply not been my experience.

Why is my experience with the public queues apparently so vastly different than some of the folks I keep ending up in arguments with...both how long they take to pop (I play at all sorts of hours, so it's not just a single "timezone" sort of thing) and the folks they get paired with?

Am I just being trolled while arguing with these folks?

Or is maybe something else going on there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I keep seeing folks talking about how long it takes for public queues to pop for them. To be blunt, I've called them liars...cause that's not been my experience.

I keep seeing folks talking about how they end up in groups full of folks doing no DPS and without a clue as to what they're doing. To be blunt, I've called them liars...cause while there might be the odd person that shows up like that from time to time, that's simply not been my experience.

Why is my experience with the public queues apparently so vastly different than some of the folks I keep ending up in arguments with...both how long they take to pop (I play at all sorts of hours, so it's not just a single "timezone" sort of thing) and the folks they get paired with?

I usually don't have too many issues, in regards to how long it takes for a queue to pop for me but, I do have issues with the groups it drops me in.

Either I wind up with a decent team, a really good team or, a horrid team.

Now sometimes those horrid teams, will have at least 1 other experienced person in it besides myself but, most often the other 3 are straight up horrid player's or, 1 - 3 of them are doing this on purpose.

As for the decent teams, well it usually ends up being a team comprised of 2 - 3 experienced player's besides myself, while most often carrying just 1 player.

And, the really good teams, need not be explained, as they all are including myself, experienced player's which know wth to do and, wth needs done, as well as adapt quickly.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I think a lot of it is simply that there are many folks who are so impatient that if they have to wait at all, then "the queues are *dead*", and if they have one PUG run with a few numbskulls then *everyone* is a noob.

IOW, they're just being dramatic.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

Huh. I have this same exact problem. There was a while (back at the height of doping, before the transformer HP increase) I was working up to a solo ISA, and started pugging to work my way up to it (since I figured bringing a ship that would get 50-60k in a pug would do ~75-90% of the dps, and be pretty close). But literally every time (I tried about 5 times), I'd get at least one person doing over 10k. I never did more than 2/3 the team's collective dps. I couldn't get a bad pug to save my life.

This would explain the whole 'reporting error' on the queue's not popping either. :P
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!