test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shuttle Tereshkova

rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
I just want to give some kudos for naming Van Zyl's shuttle after Valentina Tereshkova. The average American has no clue who the first woman in space was nor that she went up 20 years before Sally Ride. I really appreciate things like that.
bridges.jpg
Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Credit on this one will have to go to the show writers; Tereshkova was one of Voyager's named shuttles.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Valentina Tereshkova, Russian, former red officer with an honorary military career in the upper ranks because of her space flight. its noted that she probably got the position more because her father was a tank commander, Vladimir was a war hero according to the soviet books, he died in Finland somewhere. so its not what you know but probably who you know.

she also married another cosmonaut, Andriyan Nikolayev, another forner red officer but he died in 2004, they had a daughter and she became a doctor.

she was basically a propaganda piece for the reds back in the day to have a female astronaut to rub in the americans faces, to me she looks like a convienent tool for soviet purposes rather then an honest hard worker, like a lot of accolades were given to her then earned.

anyway, thats what i know of her off the top of my head.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.