test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to login

thejoker767thejoker767 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
Server wont allow me to login ...

Is lag gonna be same or worse after login ?

Why buy zen if nothing is being done ? just asking ....

If lags gets fixed ... FOR REAL .... ill buy lifetime membership , you have my word . I honestly would like to support the game in a meaningful way , but something REALLY REALLY needs to be done ... if sector space walls are coming down without a MAJOR fix to lag/rubberbanding the result will be a disaster for playability .

I know some cry babbies out there with a 15 year old computer and dial-up connection are always blaming it on Cryptic , but if your running a multicore cpu/ decent ram/ video card and have a real high speed net connection there should be no major issue outside of peak bandwith usage hours.

Heres my suggestion : When server detects clients that are over 250 ping , DISCONNECT THEM , or verify the connection of a player BEFORE they can login ... The highest ping will ALWAYS affect everyone in the same instance . The server will be working harder to send the info to the slower connection (ie: packet loss) , thus penalizing players who have good connections( even euro players are under 200 with a decent connection) .

Also being able to see other players connection quality should be available , so if your setting up a team , and one player has terrible connection , you can eliminate him.

I know ALOT of players who let the game run in the background while doing a whole lot of other things for lengthy periods. Allowing those "background" connections is also an absolute waste of Cryptics server ressources. Again .... when the app is in the background the ping is being spiked for that particular player. Disconnect for AFK should be reduced to 5 mins max ... 1 hr is WAY too much and utterly useless.... (btw : afk penality should be 30 secs in a STF ... and the penalty should be much more than 2 hours / if player MUSt leave stf for some reason on his own , then 2 hours is ok )

I know all about the chatter about the problem with some ISP and whatever ... but the fact remains there is network clutter that needs clearing to optimize the servers ressource handling ... anyone with knowledge in networking will acknowledge this.

Don't get me wrong , I love the game ... but the network aspect needs attention ... should be TOP priority . A lagging game is hard to sell ... a fluid gameplay can make players forgive many glitches .