test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Have you ever browsed around Arc...

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Gameplay
...and kind of hrmmm'd at all the various PvP features/etc that other games there have?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...and kind of hrmmm'd at all the various PvP features/etc that other games there have?

Not really, since STO has turned me off any other game by Cryptic or PWE.

What kind of features?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Territorial stuff, larger scale stuff, leaderboards, spectator mode, different types of scenarios for battlegrounds, different types of arena mode, and well...all sorts of things. It's like STO is one of the few games in PWE's portfolio that isn't a bit more aggressive with PvP.
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Territorial stuff, larger scale stuff, leaderboards, spectator mode, different types of scenarios for battlegrounds, different types of arena mode, and well...all sorts of things. It's like STO is one of the few games in PWE's portfolio that isn't a bit more aggressive with PvP.

This is a barbie game. If that isn't what your looking for... your in the wrong place. Geko has done a pretty good job of giving us a passable space barbie (Old School GI Joe if you can't admit the truth).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    hey virus,
    didn't get your weekly fix on "hate of pvp in star trek online" on the forums this week, did you need to start something up yourself this time? j/k LOL

Heh, I was ticked about the Advanced announcement...so I actually fired up Arc and was just looking through what games they had there. Was kind of surprised at some of the PvP stuff some of the other games mentioned.

Then again, they've got a new to Arc release taking place that happened yesterday...not a new game...not a PWE game...er...but new on Arc: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/Star_Conflict
  • Options
    onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    From ARC page Virus linked- "Three thousand years have passed since the first colonists left Earth. Now the galaxy is divided between the militant star empires and independent mercenary groups. In a remote corner of the galaxy — Sector 1337, the area of the dead — a world has been left behind."

The N00bs better stay away. or they'll get pwned with hax. w00t.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heh, I was ticked about the Advanced announcement...so I actually fired up Arc and was just looking through what games they had there. Was kind of surprised at some of the PvP stuff some of the other games mentioned.

Then again, they've got a new to Arc release taking place that happened yesterday...not a new game...not a PWE game...er...but new on Arc: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/Star_Conflict

Now WTF is that doing on Arc of all places?
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sysil84 wrote: »
    STO has turned me off any other game by Cryptic or PWE.
    ditto

/10
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    scurry5 wrote: »
    Now WTF is that doing on Arc of all places?

Heh, it's not the only non-PWE/Cryptic/etc game that's shown up there lately. It wasn't there two days ago, but apparently they announced it yesterday as something they'd be announcing Monday...lol.

But yeah, there's Stronghold Kingdoms from Firefly there...Elsword from KOG is on Arc...APB Reloaded from Reloaded...and now Star Conflict from Star Gem & Gaijin.

Trippy, eh? It's like if Steam only had 19 games. ;)

edit: Course after it downloads on Arc, there's the Launcher update, and then it's downloading a 3.7gb patch. Think the initial install dropped out to ~8gb install (don't recall what the actual download was).

edit2: Trying to read through the wiki for the game where everything goes Russian in two seconds is a trip.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heh, it's not the only non-PWE/Cryptic/etc game that's shown up there lately. It wasn't there two days ago, but apparently they announced it yesterday as something they'd be announcing Monday...lol.

But yeah, there's Stronghold Kingdoms from Firefly there...Elsword from KOG is on Arc...APB Reloaded from Reloaded...and now Star Conflict from Star Gem & Gaijin.

Trippy, eh? It's like if Steam only had 19 games. ;)

edit: Course after it downloads on Arc, there's the Launcher update, and then it's downloading a 3.7gb patch. Think the initial install dropped out to ~8gb install (don't recall what the actual download was).

edit2: Trying to read through the wiki for the game where everything goes Russian in two seconds is a trip.

I'm beginning to suspect that PW wants to market Arc as a Steam alternative. But kinda funny that they only have single games - Star Conflict, but no War Thunder.....

I tried Star Conflict for a while, a tad grindy, but not much of an issue for someone who's been through STO. However, playing from where I am, the lag is crippling for a fighter-style game like this. Uninstalled a while back :(.
  • Options
    begeracbegerac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would advice to stay far far away from star conflict. Its just a warthunder in space suit. So you better play warthunder as is better balanced, with more people playing.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    scurry5 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to suspect that PW wants to market Arc as a Steam alternative.

Things like Arc and EA's Origin programs are exactly what they are: Steam-like platforms where they don't have to fall under Steam's umbrella.

They don't compare favorably to Steam. Valve is just simply better at it and having an ever increasing grip on PC gaming. That, I'm wary about. How 1 company can have that much control over PC gaming is a bit of a concern. They may be cool now, but hey, EA used to be pretty cool long ago also :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    buy bridge commander.
    Mod it.
    Have fun with star trek pvp.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Heh, yeah, that Star Conflict thing just wasn't my thing. Should have known it wouldn't be with the references to War Thunder. Same way that none of those games are quite my thing.

Did look pretty cool though visually. Mechanics, playstyle, controls, tech tree P2W stuff, and all the rest like the other games...yeah, not my thing.

Some folks might enjoy it though.
  • Options
    begeracbegerac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    buy bridge commander.
    Mod it.
    Have fun with star trek pvp.

Thank you for reminder. Just downloaded BC: maximum warp edition and have a blast!