darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Federation Discussion
tossing around a new outside the box idea, any advice

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=experimental001_0
Post edited by darthkirk on

Comments

• reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what is the thing you want to achieve with that?

Because its does look silly. All dem clicky consoles....
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That academy link doesn't make much sense. You slotted consoles incompatible with the ship, there are no boff skills to work with. You have to explain a bit what your "outside the box attempt" is?

Judging by the weapons you go for a forward built with very high cooldown torpedoes which effectively limits you to one fore weapon 90% of the time. The BM-torp is actually not bad since it is boosted by AP consoles and it's turret deals a lot of damage, so it is more of a combat drone than a simple torpedo. I would slot that in the back, turn around to launch and then continue forward firing. The cluster torpedo does not harmonize with that build in my opinion. I'd exchange it for a beam array or DBB and move the bio to the aft turret.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What do you mean by consoles incompatable with ship?

also my attempt with this ship is just a high burst damage and crowd control
  • darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ahh i see the problem, exchange the vesta ship with the pathfinder intrepid
    edited March 2015
    darthkirk wrote: »
    ahh i see the problem, exchange the vesta ship with the pathfinder intrepid

That still doesn't make any sense. The Metreon Gas Canisters are foor the Sovereign, the Ablative Armor for the Intrepid Retro (althoug the pathfinder might be able to slot it, I don't know). Then you haven't slotted any abilities and no consoles that would help either of your goals.

For CC and burst damage get rid of all universal consoles, except the constriction anchor and maybe the isometric charge, the latter could help delivering damage when you have enemies grouped. Then use particle gens for exotic damage or graviton gens for better hold. Slot GW and TR, the GW torp, a torp spread, TBRs and you have your basic CC tools. The Breen set with warp core, if you have that, could grant you an additional EWP since the pathfinder can't slot it. You will probably deliver damage via exotic/kinetic and less via weapons, although a spare BO could help.

At least this is what I would think. But I don't know what your "outside the box" attempt is other than slotting nothing that contributes to the goals you set as a challenge XD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So basically you created the ultimate cheese build that can't actually be put together due to compatibility restraints and that would fail in any pvp situation and would prove worthless in any pve situation...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In a nutshell: All flash, no substance.

Console pipedream aside, there are no bridge officers abilities, traits, or doffs listed.. all of these are pretty important for the goals you've outlined.

Yes, there are a lot of nice exotic damage consoles there, but using them well requires a good deal of finesse and control.

From a purely console stand-point; yes, you can effectively combo the Subspace Integration Circuit or Graviton Pulse Generator as a snare/immobilizer with an AoE exotic damage console like Isometric Charge or Spacial Charge Launcher. The Constriction Anchor will boost that damage, but you'll still want to boost that via Particle Generator Consoles and the Solanae Deflector.

You can further augment exotic damage builds via Doffed(push->pull) Tractor Repulsors with Eject Warp Plasma and Particle-Emission Plasma Torpedos. A Gravity Well can also be used to help collect things together at the start of an attack run.

As for Traits, you're looking for anything that boosts your exotic damage - such as Auxiliary Power Configuration -> Offense(Nukara Rep), Particle Manipulator(15 in Science R&D), Anchored(Vaadwaur Lockbox), etc.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That still doesn't make any sense. The Metreon Gas Canisters are foor the Sovereign

The ship restrictions on the Metreon Gas Canisters were dropped when Cryptic shoved it into a cross-faction box inside a lockbox. You can put it on any ship now. It wouldn't make much sense if you could mount the console on a Scimitar or Negh'var-- which you can now by grabbing the console via the appropriate cross-faction box-- but not on a Pathfinder or Vesta.
    edited March 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »
    The ship restrictions on the Metreon Gas Canisters were dropped when Cryptic shoved it into a cross-faction box inside a lockbox. You can put it on any ship now. It wouldn't make much sense if you could mount the console on a Scimitar or Negh'var-- which you can now by grabbing the console via the appropriate cross-faction box-- but not on a Pathfinder or Vesta.

I didn't know that so I stand corrected. Still, the build the OP suggested doesn't get any better. Does Metreon Gas have a slow/root effect? The Pathfinder cannot slot EWP so this could be utilized in some way.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • neuro1gneuro1g Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm sorry but the OPs build and this thread made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOPBP9vuZA

Couldn't help myself...
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I didn't know that so I stand corrected. Still, the build the OP suggested doesn't get any better. Does Metreon Gas have a slow/root effect? The Pathfinder cannot slot EWP so this could be utilized in some way.

-90% turnrate, -75% Impulse Speed for those caught in it, then plasma damage boosted by Particle Gens when Ignited. I think the chance to root DOff for EWP works with this console as well.

Yeah, going almost all clickables without stat-boosting side effects is still nothing more than a LOLBoat. There is actually a set formed with the three Voyager consoles, the two-set grants +15 Shield Emitters and +5% Shield Capacity, and a three-set that gives the Aero Shuttle Photonic Shockwave Torpedo ability, but that's not enough to save the build either.

One of the few times clickables are OK (so long as they aren't in the Tac spots) are Command Cruiser consoles each having a stat boost attached and OK set bonuses which is actually viable (if low-end) build. If the future lockboxes continue the secondary stat-boosts, it might become worthwhile on certain builds to shove that many in on older ships too.