test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy - phaser strips on nacelles

jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
Is there any way we can get the Galaxy X nacelles on the standard Galaxy? Not the third pylon and nacelle, just the nacelle with the phaser pod. Don't change the firing hardpoints or anything, keep current firing locations, just a plain and simple cosmetic option.
Post edited by jer5488 on

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is not possible, but soon-ish we will get a T6 Exploration Cruiser. Maybe, if we're lucky, the Galaxy skin gets a face-lift like the Intrepid did and maybe they will add the Venture-Type nacelles then (show canon Venture, not STO Venture, mind you).
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was just curious because it's a (relatively) small request. The art assets are already in game, they're already designed to connect to Venture and Galaxy pylons. The ability to remove the third nacelle is in the game because when the Galaxy X was first released you could remove the third nacelle and pylon.
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It is not possible, but soon-ish we will get a T6 Exploration Cruiser. Maybe, if we're lucky, the Galaxy skin gets a face-lift like the Intrepid did and maybe they will add the Venture-Type nacelles then (show canon Venture, not STO Venture, mind you).

Are you sure about that? (that there will be a T6 Exploration Cruiser?)

THe Galaxy already got 3 revamps: Venture, Gal-X and also the Guardian

I am not a fan of "re-releasing T5 as T6" ships especially if they use older models that already have nerer ingame skins (Sovereing/Regent, Galaxy/Venture/Guardian)

For me the Guardian is the new Galaxy/Ambassador and the Command cruisers are the new Excelsiors. so i doubt that there will be any changes to the Galaxy model and i hope that there will be no new/old ships like a T6 Galaxy. I invested enough money in my fleet T5Us and i dont want to see them replaced by the exact same ship (skin) as T6
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are you sure about that? (that there will be a T6 Exploration Cruiser?)

THe Galaxy already got 3 revamps: Venture, Gal-X and also the Guardian

I am not a fan of "re-releasing T5 as T6" ships especially if they use older models that already have nerer ingame skins (Sovereing/Regent, Galaxy/Venture/Guardian)

For me the Guardian is the new Galaxy/Ambassador and the Command cruisers are the new Excelsiors. so i doubt that there will be any changes to the Galaxy model and i hope that there will be no new/old ships like a T6 Galaxy. I invested enough money in my fleet T5Us and i dont want to see them replaced by the exact same ship (skin) as T6

Yes there's a new Tier 6 Galaxy and Negh'Var coming, both with new visuals like the Pathfinder.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Yes there's a new Tier 6 Galaxy and Negh'Var coming, both with new visuals like the Pathfinder.

No love for the DD. :(
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yay :D:D. I use the Guardian or the Command cruisers now (love them) but nothing beats the good old Galaxy. (and since i am an Engineer its also a good ship)

Hope they put the phaser banks where they belong, not like the Guardian with only 2 left and right of the saucer( looks just weird if you are not broadsiding but firing at enemies in front of you), or firing through Saucer or nacelles like on the Regent or Sovereign
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you're not trolling (or wishful thinking) you'll be able to source this claim?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    If you're not trolling (or wishful thinking) you'll be able to source this claim?

No, not on the forums at least. You need to search the internet yourself and you'll soon find out why :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you google 'T6 Exploration Cruiser' - it might show you what we're talking about. Can't promise anything, though.

Though back to the weaponized nacelles... Please Cryptic? Pretty please?
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If they do this, I hope they take a look at the existing Galaxy model as a whole and fix athe glaring issues with that as well. Namely, the hull curvature and Gal-X lance issue.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!