test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PIXELS releases trailer

moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Ten Forward
What would happen if an alien lifeform saw our old video games and thought "Hey, these things might be a great way to kill people!"

Adam Sandler stars in this disaster movie about how aliens take classic games like Pacman, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders and Centipede and turn them into pixel converting weapons of mass destruction.

Conceptually, this sounds like a genius move. It's funny, it's original (sort of, considering Futurama did it first) and it has star power like Peter Dinklage in it as well as a nod to Pacman's creator Tōru Iwatani. But honestly, I have no hopes for it as it also has Kevin James, Josh Gad and Adam Sandler in it as well. This may end up being another "Bedtime Stories". Great concept, poorly executed and will shoehorn in a Rob Schiender cameo because Sandler can't help being this dude's only paycheck since the 90's.

What do you all think? Could this be good? Will it be bad? Why isn't Pong in the film?
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
Post edited by moonshadowdark on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (sort of, considering Futurama did it first)

It was also a short film in 2010 (which this one is loosely based on).

On the one hand, this could be good. That was a good Futurama episode, and the short film was fun for what it was (spoiler: The aliens win), and the trailer looks like they're trying to combine the comedy of the Futurama version with the style of the short film.

On the other hand, there's a lot of people involved here that just do awful things on the big screen. The people who don't do awful things, I just can't get over the feeling that they're joke cast and are going to be doing awful things.

My hope for it is that it makes a good drunk movie once it comes out on DVD, because I really do not see it being something I can sit through sober in the theater.
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks potentially fun. I'll wait for it to come out on tv.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Eh. Doesn't look all that great. The premise is okay, but the humor just seems weak. Then again, maybe it's just because trailers always seem to make movies look stupider or less substantial.