test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how froqvently you get boff awol ?

czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
i get them cca 1-2 per day with no findendt patern, and you ?
Post edited by czertik123 on

Comments

• Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    only me ?for all others it is ok ? :eek:
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dunno is this the 99878677896th Thread about BOFFs & Loadout Issues ... ??
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    its better than it was. I get it once in a while, and since the last patch or 2 I also can always fix it by using a loadout. Its been a while since I had to re-do it by hand.

What happens now is some of my officers randomly rest a skill or two behind my back, so my torpless boat will go into combat with HY at random and it also has been taking away my heals and putting in tractor beams.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Based on the number of times my Boffs on all my toon go AWOL for "coffee breaks", that leads me to the conclusion that they all own stock in Starbucks.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Almost every time one of my characters leaves a ground map, my Boffs disappear and return to their default skills. It's pretty annoying, especially if you join a space queue from ground and end up setting up the Boff stations while every one else is shooting things. :(
  • Options
    tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    Almost every time one of my characters leaves a ground map, my Boffs disappear and return to their default skills. It's pretty annoying, especially if you join a space queue from ground and end up setting up the Boff stations while every one is shooting things. :(

Haha exact thing i was thinking.
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hasn't happened it weeks to me.
    *knock on wood*
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Only happens when I log out on a ground map. When I log back in and head to space, there's a good chance my boffs will go awol.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's happening a lot less then it used to, but it happens at random. It happened today as soon as I logged on it was to a boffless ship. It's really crappy when you enter a mission and your boffs are awol.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It happens a lot for me. Every time I log in anew each day. Occasionally when I map change. Perhaps 1-2 times every three days I suppose.

Not to mention that half my BOFFs, especially the away team ones, keep resetting their skills to the default ones which are pretty useless to me.

Yesterday, Flores managed to put her lt cmdr and cmndr skills in the ensign and lt boxes. Consequently the moves were unnusable in her station. It took resetting her skills and re-teaching her some new ones to fix the problem. Well over an hour of fiddling to get all my BOFFs sorted.

All in all managing my BOFFs is a stressful experience for me.
  • Options
    cha0s1428cha0s1428 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't really have much of an issue from the starship anymore. I mean, it happens constantly, but its easy enough to remedy using loadouts. Just reselect the loadout and they are back. My issue is with ground. My away team always revert to their default skills. I really wish I could have some kind of quick select loadout for ground boffs as well. I finally just gave up and run around with default ground skills though so.

My point is that I dont have much of an issue with it as much now, because I just reload the starship loadout and they pop back into place every time.
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cha0s1428 wrote: »
    I don't really have much of an issue from the starship anymore. I mean, it happens constantly, but its easy enough to remedy using loadouts. Just reselect the loadout and they are back. My issue is with ground. My away team always revert to their default skills. I really wish I could have some kind of quick select loadout for ground boffs as well. I finally just gave up and run around with default ground skills though so.

My point is that I dont have much of an issue with it as much now, because I just reload the starship loadout and they pop back into place every time.

so you are still constantly having an issue. you have just found a work around. If your cars breaks started getting bad and you figured out if you just pumped the pedal a few times before you needed to stop they work fine, would that be acceptable.

Anyway, its a constant occurrence for me. Some toons can go a day or two and some get it about every time they zone.

Its just part of my checklist when I start a map. Make sure all gear is there. Check tray. Check BO skills.

The loadout workaround also isn't 100%. if anything happens to skills you have to go fix those.

Now we know why they added those 30 sec waits to the maps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've not seen it happen yet this week. Even on 12 characters I'd only see it once every few days.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Often enough to have made a spreadsheet for all toons. Soon I have to add more rows for different ships, and a second column beside each for the actual abilities, as those get scrambled too. Oh, and random tray abilities seeping in from the boffs have to be removed one by one too.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its easier to count how often I don't see it. Every time I start CCA have to re-seat my boffs, saved-loadout or not. Its just part of my startup routine at this point.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I run 8 toons a day for CCA -- half off the boffs are always AWOL. Choosing a loadout out fixes the problem . . . but really, how long is this going to go on, it really is pathetic!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    cha0s1428cha0s1428 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so you are still constantly having an issue. you have just found a work around. If your cars breaks started getting bad and you figured out if you just pumped the pedal a few times before you needed to stop they work fine, would that be acceptable.

Anyway, its a constant occurrence for me. Some toons can go a day or two and some get it about every time they zone.

Its just part of my checklist when I start a map. Make sure all gear is there. Check tray. Check BO skills.

The loadout workaround also isn't 100%. if anything happens to skills you have to go fix those.

Now we know why they added those 30 sec waits to the maps.

Well yes of course. I am not excusing the issue. Its a huge pain in the butt. It is a problem that needs to be fixed, no question. I was agreeing with the OP, offering a work around, and expanding on the original problem.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    qjunior wrote: »
    Almost every time one of my characters leaves a ground map, my Boffs disappear and return to their default skills. It's pretty annoying, especially if you join a space queue from ground and end up setting up the Boff stations while every one is shooting things. :(

Ditto

They need to separate ground from space

I have bo idea why thet are dragging their feet about this

Perhaps we need to put Fix loadouts in our signiture's
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's been happening pretty regularly for me... So much so, I'm checking my Boff stations before launching STFs, but this is still no guarantee as there have been a couple instances where they vanish during the transition from ESD (for example) into the STF...

Definitely time for this glitch to be fixed, it's really starting to go beyond frustrating...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I get this almost all the time now. So much so I do not want to start a queue from a ground map.

So I started hanging out in space... and now that is affected also.

I can switch between a space map to another space map.. and boom boffs gone. But what makes this even worse now is that skill are either resetting or missing completely.

Example... my main flies a T5U Multi-mission. The universal slot has an android tac slotted there which has Tac Team 1 set as the default.

I DO have the loadout system setup for this ship, in fact I have only ONE loadout for this ship.

So when they go AWOL, and I use the loadout to reassign, this boff comes back in with not TT1, but Attack Pattern Beta 1. It DOESN'T even have that skill :eek:

So where the hell is that coming from?????

Also at the same time my Science Commander boff, will come back in.. but... WITHOUT any of it's skills... none of them. Forcing me to remove the officer from the station and put it back in.

This issue has been going on for so long.. I can't remember a time when it wasn't happening... save for the start of the game.. and I have been playing since April 2010.

I've come to the conclusion that they either have no intention of fixing this, or have no means of fixing this. There was even a thread where a dev was responding, and now that all but stopped.

So.. for all those who use the loadout workaround.. congrats... and don't jinx yourself by saying it too loud that it works for you consistently. I did, and told my fleetmates, and now I more or less have to go into every space mission with a flight engineers checklist next me making sure everything is set the way its supposed top be.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

Ditto

They need to separate ground from space

I have bo idea why thet are dragging their feet about this

Perhaps we need to put Fix loadouts in our signiture's
    Or maybe it's not as simple to fix as players think it is?

Especially given how long it's been around.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My boffs rarely go awol, though (usually only when undocking from ESD). But the loadout system works flawlessly for me now, so the situation is usually easily remedied.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Both CCA's I entered last night had AWOL BOffs...:mad: I hadn't thought to check my trait loadouts till I read this thread, but the last two DR episodes over the last couple of days, I got my hat handed to me in ground & in space, despite having full ground rep sets & nearly complete ship mastery on my T6's! I guess it's time to check the full trait loadout... :confused:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I get this 1-2 and even 3 times per day/seassion play.
    And it really a nasty and hard to track bug since its soo random.
    Like boffs can leave their stations while leaving a ground map (most frequnelty), or upon entering Cristaline Event or even in sector space just by teleporting via the transwarp gate in Sirius to Game Orionis sector maps.
    And on ocasion when resloting the boffs, they have their default skills so you have to make active the ones you need (one time did a CC without Tac Team, becouse on kdf side its resembles another one, think HY1).
    Its not as annoying as the loadout bugs, wich now thankfuly they seem to be gone. Altho looking dreadful upon Seasson 10 cuz it may bring them back. Lets hope not.