test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beloved Bridge Officer stands trial in Nerd Court

moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Ten Forward
Youtube Court show for nerds puts a Star Trek bridge officer on trial.

But it's not who Worffan101 hopes it is.

After watching that case, I have to say that justice was indeed served and I subscribed with the Wrath of Khan himself. Give a look and provide your opinion on the case.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
Post edited by moonshadowdark on

Comments

• Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Frakes is a seriously cool dude. I remember seeing some footage at a convention several years ago where he was chatting to a little girl and asking how he should make out the autograph for her.

"To my number one fan Britney, William Shatner..."

For a second, he looked at the camera, stunned/amused, and then proceeded to write exactly that. Now that's a dude with an awesome sense of humor.

But.

The trial was of Riker...

There's an article on the net which points out just what a loser Riker actually was... The passing up of his promotions, not to mention his treatment of Deanna and creation of Minuet were cited, as was the way he treated Ro, and the way he acted toward Captain Jellico (and I think some other examples) So I'd agree with that, that Riker might seem to be cool at first glance, when observed more closely, the cracks begin to show up ;)
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Simply by being played by a tremendously cool guy and getting some damn good scripts (and a script that Frakes would have liked a lot better if his love interest had been played by a male actor--the one with the J'nai), Riker had some great moments.

Unfortunately, his position also left him bearing the brunt of a lot of bad scripts and taking the fall to make other people look good. Picard just didn't have the everyday feel the Riker did, and that was what made Riker more attractive to weak scripts; you can imagine Riker doing things that Picard would look ridiculous doing.

Overall, I would say that Riker was a moderately competent officer with some deep flaws thanks to a number of terrible episodes.
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    you can imagine Riker doing things that Picard would look ridiculous doing.

Considering Sir Patrick Stewart's recent bodies of work on American Dad, Robot Chicken and Family Guy, Picard doing insanely ridiculous things would be a welcome addition to the serious aspects that Mr. Stewart is so famous for.

I mean, could you imagine seeing Picard do THIS on the Bridge?
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP