test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Promote R&D Boffs to Ensign

ragigoragigo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Hey, I just noticed this "bug" also.. I have donated hundreds of DOFFS to fleet projects never noticing I was sending my R&D Doffs away. Now I'm Level 15 on at least one of my characters, in all areas, and I can't build my projects. I'm going to be buying some more soon and will be very careful as I go through them, but I have a simple fix.

Promote them to Uncommon, They are doing Special Projects, they deserve a promotion..

I know that making them Common, should make them easier to get, but I think they deserve to be Uncommon and/or adding them to the Commendation Rewards.

I tweeted Smirk about this earlier.

Don't Flame, or complain, just Comment on this post if you think R&D Doffs deserve a promotion...

(previously posted as a sub posting)

Please comment if you think this is a postive idea.
Fleet Admiral GiGo
Network Prime Co-Processor

Hearts and Cortexes Graveyard Defense of Starbase 57
Post edited by ragigo on

Comments

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    its kind of funny in a sick way.
    for years we ask for a 'select all' button, yet they didnt add it until we actually had white doffs worthy of keeping.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They don't even need to upgrade them to greens. The system supports simply flagging them as not eligible for fleet projects. The useless R&D holograms we all got for free were flagged as such (because being able to dump them in fleet projects would've made them not entirely useless).
  • sheppardussheppardus Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I should have thought that with the Kobali Doff pack that was in the latest lock box no-one would be using common doffs for R&D crafting any more considering the exchange has been flooded with cheap purples. Kobali doff pack last time I checked sold for 1.5-2m EC for 3 purple R&D Doffs
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    They don't even need to upgrade them to greens. The system supports simply flagging them as not eligible for fleet projects. The useless R&D holograms we all got for free were flagged as such (because being able to dump them in fleet projects would've made them not entirely useless).

Even easier no coding solution you check and make sure no R&D DOFFs are being donated. Making them undonatable entirely means that people who do donate them, and some do by the way intentionally, unable to do so.

We have the choice to donate them or not to, and that means it is our responsibility to check what we are donating.

Does this mean I have never donated R&D DOFFs accidentally? Nope I have and I have facepalmed myself for doing so but I don't blame cryptic for my mistakes.
    edited March 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    Even easier no coding solution you check and make sure no R&D DOFFs are being donated. Making them undonatable entirely means that people who do donate them, and some do by the way intentionally, unable to do so.

We have the choice to donate them or not to, and that means it is our responsibility to check what we are donating.

Does this mean I have never donated R&D DOFFs accidentally? Nope I have and I have facepalmed myself for doing so but I don't blame cryptic for my mistakes.

whats the trick to quickly spotting 1 white r&d doff in a list of 70?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Fed-side any doff with FF is NOT R&D. For some weird reason the races that SHOULD have FF don't.

KDF side... any doff that doesn't have 3 traits is easily identifiable as non-R&D. doesn't help much though. I personally memorized the names, there's not that many common R&D doffs anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • psyloafpsyloaf Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    whats the trick to quickly spotting 1 white r&d doff in a list of 70?

I make sure to equip all the White R&D doffs so they become bound. That way you can just scroll through the list and look for the padlock and uncheck them.
    Fleet Advanced Research Vessel T6
    Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Commander Universal, Lieutenant Tactical, Ensign Science
    edited March 2015
    psyloaf wrote: »
    I make sure to equip all the White R&D doffs so they become bound. That way you can just scroll through the list and look for the padlock and uncheck them.

now that is a useful tip indeed.