test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Noob Need Help on Build

xpowerman2014xpowerman2014 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Federation Discussion
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=sim_0

Hi guys this is my build. I have been spending alot of time effort etc on it but I just cannot seems to get it to have high DPS. Each hit is just around 1.2 to 1.3K. Only critical hits get more.

I read that I should use vulnerability locator for tactical instead. Is it true?

Would welcome any inputs on getting my DPS up. Purpose is for PVE cause I am struggling in the advance PVEs (don't even think about elite PVE). I just cannot do enough dmg to the ships and they chew me up very quickly.

Btw, my power is as follows:

125/90
106/70
52/15
49/25

Thanks!
Post edited by xpowerman2014 on

Comments

• norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Some quick random suggestions...

mix up your 360s a bit. Put at least one forward so that targets behind you get hit by more guns.

undine deflector. That aegis thing does not add ANY damage. The undine adds a bit of damage to beams and torps and if you use them, exotic abilities.

replace that gold particle generator. why do you even *have* that item? The field generator is also worthless, lose it for something better. Rep consoles if nothing else...

your bridge officers are a mess. Only 1 faw. Lose high yield --- use concentrate firepower instead. Change out for a higher level copy of power to weapons, it does significantly more damage at rank 2 and 3 than 1. Lose either torp spread or overload to get a pattern beta. You need to make a choice: torpedo OR overload. You don't have room for both. Either approach works, overload is probably better because it can hit anything, anywhere, while torp is limited to one arc. Look at some of the command officer skills. Aceton beam is about useless. Power to shields is about useless because if you can hit a power-to skill, it should be weapons, period. You need hazard emitters, tractor beam is kind of odd.

the key to antiproton is to CRIT with it, often and hard. You may want to get the lobi consoles that add critD. If your crit chance is low, you may want to look at increasing it --- the obvious fleet tac consoles would be useful, or if your crit rate is sufficient, the CRITD fleet tac consoles. Your crit rate should be over 20%.
  • nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Soon you'll have many boff and skill tree sugestions.
    Cheapest option, until you decide what type of build and boff you'll take:
    Lt tac TT, BFAF
    LtC tac TS/HY (single target biomolecular HY is good), Beta1, BFAW3
    Com Eng EPtS1, EPtW2, ET/RSP2, RSP3/Aux2SIF3
    Lt Eng EPtS1, EPtW2
    Lt Sci HE1/ST1, ST2/HE2

Cycle EPtS1 and EPtW2 and BFAW1 and BFAW3 use ET, Aux2SIF and HE for hull heal.
    When you have enough EC buy preferred doffs and change build.
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There's no reason to use the Omni Arrays at all. That just means 7 weapons front. Toss the torpedo, get all arrays, broadside with 8 weapons.

You also need more weapon power - is it staying at 125 during FAW? Drop Shield Power by 10 and up Weapon Power by 10.
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The good news: You can significantly improve your dps :)

Easiest first: Power Levels
    Move shield power down. Most ppl with plasmonic have that at 15, without you may want a bit more. (I would still set it to 15 or 20, its just to easy to get this up...)
    Dump freed power into aux. It will help your Nukara Rep T4 and several engineering and science powers too.

Second: BO layout
    With only 5 tac slots you will normally go for 2xWeaponSkill + 2x AttackPattern + Tactical Team
    Variant a) * TT, APB1 * FAW1, APB1, FAW3
    Variant b) * FAW1, FAW2 * TT, APB1, APO1
    Both need 2 Conn Officer reducing TT cooldown, the second additionally a Zemok/Rugal
    On engineering I would go for a Drake or Dragon with emergency power to weapons and shields.

Third: Items
    If you can get a Fleet Warp Core with [AMP] Id replace the omni beams, otherwise stick to the Obelisk set but still replace the crafted omni.
    The field gen is not worth the slot. The usefulness of the Particle Field Exciter depends on its UR mod otherwise it has the same fate as the field gen. Nukara Particle Converter is on its own another wasted slot.
    If you drop the torp, drop the Bio-neural Gel Pack with it, if you keep it, keep both, its a good 2pc set.
    On engine, deflector and shields you could read up a bit here.
  • xpowerman2014xpowerman2014 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi all, thanks for the tips!!

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=sim1_0

I have made some changes and it does make a big difference.. Wow!! Now I am getting 2.3K to 2.6K dmg on the average.

Btw, guys, I am still quite blur on the consoles. I added a Neutronium console because my resist is just 5.7% without it.

Btw, I am using the ancient omni beam array because of the focused anti-proton emitters (I think it gives extra 10% on dmg) when paired with the obelisk warp core. Do you think it make sense to keep it cause if I go for fleet warp cores, I will lose the 10%.

I am waiting to get the fleet tac consoles as I yet to meet criteria to purchase consoles.

btw, what consoles should I use for engineering and science?

Another thing is that I just realise my antiproton beams do not have + CRTH....eeks... They are all CRTD x 3 and Acc

Power is now

125/100
    98/60
    52/15
    49/25

Thanks!
    edited March 2015
    When you use a Fleet Warp Core with [AMP], the bonus from [AMP] is higher than from the AP set if you have at least 3 systems with 75 or higher power. Not sure how it compares with just 2 systems.

With regards to weapon modifiers, check out this writeup on reddit.
  • puckalishpuckalish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just weighing in a couple of things... I've only just today broken 10k in my li'l Pathfinder, but I've gotten a lot of great advice along the way, so...

First off, these folks above are spot on... and you should've seen an improvement with the advice you've already taken from them. That said, I'd still, at least, swap the EPtS3 with the EPtW1 because, well, even just EPtW2 is a great improvement and I wish I could slot 3... oh, well, next toon. And two EPtS's just seems like a waste of an Engineering slot.

As far as CrtH goes, these folks, again, are spot on... you should mess with some Vulnerability Locators stat... I only have 2 tac consoles and seeing your 4 without 'em, well... If your fleet isn't a high enough tier, perhaps they're cool with you hopping out for a minute to buy off of the NoP Public Service channel... I'm lucky in that my fleet is the 4th in a group and we all have access to the higher-tiered fleets' stuff if we ask nicely (actually, even if we don't).

Another fleet-related piece is we don't know what traits your BOffs have or what active space DOffs you've got slotted, as these can make a significant difference in your build's efficacy. Among other things, out of the blue, I'd suggest getting two of the Male Romulan Tac SRO BOffs from the Embassy. Again, if your fleet doesn't have a completed embassy, see about getting invited to one. Folks are very generous these days. The SRO trait increases your CrtH across the board.

Another very important way to increase your CrtH is with your traits... you want to increase both CrtH and CrtD, but it's hard to know what you've got and what to change since you didn't include that in your build.

I'm run a sci captain in a sci ship, so I love me some science consoles. That said, there's no reason you shouldn't be using that space for universals or something. If I'm not mistaken, at this point, you're not running any skills that are buffed by Particle Gens, so, even though I'm sure it set you back a pretty penny, you should really drop that Exotic Particle Exciter.

Speaking of sci and universal consoles, the Plasmonic Leech was mentioned. Judging by your build, it seems like you might have some in-game cash. If so, get this console (usually in the realm of 40m ECs on the Exchange). Then, get some Embassy Flow Cap consoles with [+Pla]. The leech will boost your power levels, increasing your chance of hitting [AMP]x4 (something I've yet to do, but will one day, when I can splash out on the Leech). The [+Pla] will add DoT damage to whatever weapon type you're using. The other mod should depend on what you're trying to do, tank or stay under the radar... I would guess you want [+Threat], but that's informed by that I want everyone else to take the aggro but me.

Final though, which should have been the first, is... what are you basing this build on? I know these A2B builds (the Dragon and Drake and whatnot) can be a really good starting place in terms of thinking about how all your powers relate and how to optimize your ship's performance. I haven't messed around with them, because I use aux for all my space wizardry, lol...

You don't, though. So you shouldn't be using all this stuff that aids in a Science build (Obelisk Core, Field Exciter, etc.) and, instead, take advantage of the fact that you don't have to be quite so hungry for Aux all the time.

Anyways, enough of my wall of text... hopefully some of it is useful, think about fleshing out your build in the Skill Planner, and good luck with everything!
  • nikolaykuznetsovnikolaykuznetsov Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »
    When you use a Fleet Warp Core with [AMP], the bonus from [AMP] is higher than from the AP set if you have at least 3 systems with 75 or higher power. Not sure how it compares with just 2 systems.

With regards to weapon modifiers, check out this writeup on reddit.
    This is not correct in present [amp] state (amp patch incoming), you need 4 subsystem power over 75 for bonus greater than obelisk set - reddit link
    Max. One-Hit: 114,966 (Quantum Torpedo - Salvo II (Federation Typhoon Class Battleship))
    edited March 2015
    This is not correct in present [amp] state (amp patch incoming), you need 4 subsystem power over 75 for bonus greater than obelisk set - reddit link

Yes, I heard about the incoming change as well. They're buffing [Pla] again at the same time, wonder how that'll affect my numbers.