Install Arc
Options

Remove the autofail from Advanced and Elite queues

2»

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The ship has sailed on this. Cryptic has weathered the storm. Dare I paddle the metaphor further?

There is one reason why they won't be removed: argonite gas.

The most failed missions = borg disconnected and azure nebula. The reward - argonite gas.

The artificially created scarcity of argonite drives sales of R&D packs. It's that simple.

borg disconnected advanced is bugged though. Often one of the sides stops spawning disconnected borg so the team cant meet the rescue quota.
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Remove the fail condititions and timers

Add a bonus to make the optionals

That's the way it should be

Absolutely agree here.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    borg disconnected advanced is bugged though. Often one of the sides stops spawning disconnected borg so the team cant meet the rescue quota.

The other argonite mission, viscous cycle is also a mess and has been left that way for months. I've never seen the gekli successfully rescued. Most groups - elite groups - do not even try. These are groups who have destroyed the 2nd planet killer before the gekli timer runs out and the mission fails. These are groups who can finish the mission in around 3 to 4 minutes. Yet the mission fails most of the time due to these add-ons. Again - it's a hide the argonite shell game.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Whaaaaaa elite queues are too easy!
    Whaaaaaa elite queues are too hard!

Srsly........ give Cryptic some break lol!!!!

I'll share my access to the secret forum with you.

Space STFs too easy.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=802371

game too easy
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=672341

The stfs and all endgame content, is just way too easy.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=980561

WORLD FIRST: 2-Man No Win Scenario (NWS)
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1177551

Scimitar In ISE (I lol'd)
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=894221

plz buff elite missions in s10
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1187811

STF PVE Missions On Elite Are Easy? Seems That Way
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1162471

Harder End Game Content and Some Better Loot
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1057681

Bring Back The Old STF's
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1018861

There's more, if you look for it. I was just scanning thread titles with my eyeballs.

I'll admit, saying "everybody" wanted more challenge might be a stretch, but I think there were enough to warrant some change. I, for one, am glad to be able to select a higher difficulty level and not see everything explode after one round of Fire at Will.

You will get no argument from me there.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yeah there's a hundred or so leeet gamers who want a private game here that no one else can play. Unfortunately their argument has been adopted by Cryptic as a vehicle to sell dps, which has crippled the endgame. I remember queuing up back in September and the mission would go in less than 5 seconds - for many many different missions. Now this is only sort of true for 3 or 4 - they will go in under a minute. Then there's another 3 or 4 that you can get to go in under 2 minutes. After that it's 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

But by all means keep arguing to drive the game into its grave so you can enjoy your private team leetspeak matches.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bernatk wrote: »
    Whaaaaaa elite queues are too easy!
    Whaaaaaa elite queues are too hard!

Srsly........ give Cryptic some break lol!!!!

Never said they were too hard, its player ignorance, skill and understanding that makes them hard and why should 4 other players be penalised by that player.

All i'm asking for is the autofail to be removed so i can complete the mission with a reduced reward if the optional is lost.

I'm here to play a game, its my leisure time, its my past time, its for me to chill and have fun and relax. Autofails are not fun, they don't encourage me to try, try again, wheres the reward for trying if it keeps failing, Its encouragement to stop playing and to stop trying.
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The other argonite mission, viscous cycle is also a mess and has been left that way for months. I've never seen the gekli successfully rescued. Most groups - elite groups - do not even try. These are groups who have destroyed the 2nd planet killer before the gekli timer runs out and the mission fails. These are groups who can finish the mission in around 3 to 4 minutes. Yet the mission fails most of the time due to these add-ons. Again - it's a hide the argonite shell game.

Maybe you should play VCE again, the bugs have been fixed.....
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I never went into a mission that automatically failed... they all failed because of human (or cryptic) error.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is but I think its fair to have at least 1 of such a thread running all the time until Cryptics keeps his promise and makes new Advanced = Old Elite. We are getting there but we are not quiet there yet.

Um, you do realize 'old Elite' HAD fail conditions, right?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Maybe you should play VCE again, the bugs have been fixed.....

I played twice yesterday and failed both times on rescue gekli. Is rescue gekli possible? Maybe. But I've never seen it done.

• Options
    isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just my two credits but, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with having a failure condition attached to STFs as long as they're reasonable. What I see all too often with these threads is blanket "failure conditions suck, remove them all" statements that turn into echo chambers for either people defending the status quo or the OP, which isn't a productive avenue of discussion at the end of the day and probaby contributing to why most of them go ignored.

What I think we need more of is addressing specific concerns on a queue-by-queue basis rather than grasping at impractical, poorly thought out fixalls. For example, the stringent time requirements on ANRA or BDA, or the ease of griefing in ISA and KASA.

Given we're still arguing the same tired points about the higher difficulty queues it's clear the problems are broader than can be solved by a simple monolithic fix. And when you have a complex problem like that, the best way to fix it is to first break it down into smaller more manageable pieces.
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Except that there are a fairly large number of ignorant dillholes who delight in deliberately TRIBBLE the mission. I've stopped bothering with the Conduit, as there's always someone going off alone to the opposite side from the rest of the team, or deliberately popping the small generators to force a failure.

Pretty much right on the head, when it comes to trolls + idiots.
    I say prevent the autofails from queuing up for Advanced or Elite.

If only we could!
    Depending on the queue, there was a chance to fail things before Delta Rising. One could even fail in Normal. I usually had more failed runs in Normals than I did in Elites.

Would be interesting to have a list comprised of the Mandatory/Optional in the various queues from before DR and what they are now...so folks could see the actual difference. There are also a bunch of folks that have complained about an Optional being a Mandatory when it is still an Optional.

It's not a list that I could put together by any means...had a Crystalline Advanced fail the other day, and I had no clue that it was even possible for that one to fail...lol. It was a trip...a complete lolwut moment.

Save your breath Virus, for those who are bright enough to understand, as even by the Devs now actually adding in the required optionals to the list of things needing done, people still do not pay them any attention and, wonder gee what am I supposed to do now? [You know as well as I do, good advice tends to fall on deaf ears most often]

3+yrs. of solid pve pug queues under my belt and, people either remain just as clueless and/or, have only been getting even dumber IMO.

Only a small % of the player base, seems adequately smart enough to adapt and, those are the lucky few pugs that get things done, while the rest are flooded by trolls + seemingly clueless morons that never ever learn.

The small % are the ones who move on, become better, have the brain capacity to become top notch player(s) if they want.

The rest, remain clueless!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    killergillkillergill Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I played twice yesterday and failed both times on rescue gekli. Is rescue gekli possible? Maybe. But I've never seen it done.

Only 1 person near gekli (or it will not follow), set impulse to 3/4 and it should work. What I do all the times I do VCE and it works every time.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    killergill wrote: »
    Only 1 person near gekli (or it will not follow), set impulse to 3/4 and it should work. What I do all the times I do VCE and it works every time.

Precisely, the gekli AI, is worse it seems, than the standard AI involved in npc encounters.

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hrmm, what if the mission fail conditions were removed from Advanced...while at the same time they also implemented the following two changes to them:

1) Remove the leaver penalty after a period of time - one should not be held hostage.
    2) After that period of time, nobody joining the queue would be added to that run.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hrmm, what if the mission fail conditions were removed from Advanced...while at the same time they also implemented the following two changes to them:

1) Remove the leaver penalty after a period of time - one should not be held hostage.
    2) After that period of time, nobody joining the queue would be added to that run.

Technically, there is already this in game but, it requires some 10-15mins. of actual in mission game time, before one can leave w/o a penalty.

And, this is provided the mission hasn't actually failed, in which case if the leave mission option isn't being made available, as this leads to further problems for which can actually work to your advantage, if done correctly!!!

• Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The game and how it's run should not be tailored for you, but the majority.

You know the STF stink or you would not have changed the way you play them.

All sience and gravity wells.

So unless they make it a requirement for certain abilities, we know it needs to be changed.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The game and how it's run should not be tailored for you, but the majority.

You know the STF stink or you would not have changed the way you play them.

All sience and gravity wells.

So unless they make it a requirement for certain abilities, we know it needs to be changed.

You quoted me saying what I did there because?
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015

That'd be pretty cool.

Rambo can't hit you with a timer for playing with the generators by his lonesome.

If you've got a bloody minded group that wants to stick it out and try to pull something off, they can.

If you don't, you don't have to eat a timer on top of the extended time you've already spent.

Either way, new people don't get sucked into a too far gone map.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.