Class choice

2»

Comments

• Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

Been a very long time when you were on the ground

Tacs have little problems healing now, and doing crazy damage at the same time

your experience is very outdated

True... but nothing compared to the survivability, healing, CC, and DPS of a Science or Engineer on the ground... they've been made better but so have Science and Engineer captains on the ground....

I'm still going to say that Tacs are still the weakest on the ground
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    True... but nothing compared to the survivability, healing, CC, and DPS of a Science or Engineer on the ground... they've been made better but so have Science and Engineer captains on the ground....

Agreed on that. My tacs have the easiest time on ground to grab aggro but the hardest one to deal with it.

Like a staship build purely for dps this does not surface in a good team but in a weak team things can get messy rather quickly. Alternatives as tac would be to be simply be careful or thoughtful about grabbing aggro but then one limits oneself rather quickly with doing what this class does best.

Engineers offer a perfect mix between offensive capabilities of tacs and self sustaining ones of scis in my oppinion.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Engineers offer a perfect mix between offensive capabilities of tacs and self sustaining ones of scis in my oppinion.

^ This... plus those turrets can pull agro of of you at untimely moments... I don't know how many times I thought I was going to die and a NPC suddenly ran off to attack my phaser turret allowing my med and shield turrets to refresh me.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ^ This... plus those turrets can pull agro of of you at untimely moments... I don't know how many times I thought I was going to die and a NPC suddenly ran off to attack my phaser turret allowing my med and shield turrets to refresh me.

I can attest to this. My main is an Eng, I've not run Nukara in a while, so maybe they've fixed this, but I'll never forget the realization that all I had to do was drop a shield before I started mining the crystals. I'm not saying drop a shield to block the bugs, I could leave room for a squad of bugs to come in behind the shield with me, yet they'd leave me alone and attack the shield. I can see them going after a turret that's firing when I'm not (which, as stated, works too) but a shield?!? lol...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015

Hmmmm

I cant say here why tacs are so much better now it would probably get nerfed

I'll just say tacs arnt the weaklings they used to be :P
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Much of it may actually be bound to account, so if you have an account bank, you can easily trade it to any other character.

I think only reptuation gear is by default bound-to-character. Crafted stuff is bound on equip to acount.

Most of the gear is account bound, the exceptions are some of the ground gear which are bound to the character like weapons. I do have an account bank and I did mention storing useful gear there in the 2nd paragraph of that post of mine, but you only quoted the 1st paragraph.

Anywaste... I was informed by two people in this thread Cryptic is going to provide all players an extra free character slot. That was stated in the last paragraph of the announcement on Monday which I have apparently glossed over. As a result, there is no need for me to delete an existing toon to make way for a Delta Recruit.

Now it is just a matter of deciding which faction and captain career to choose.