test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Together we fight...almost...

litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
We stand together Starfleet allined factions as well as KDF allined factions against the on coming threat,.... well almost.

With the KDF and Starfleet at peace why don't we have all mixed PvE queues?

Fleet alerts the few times you fight KDF or Starfleet force just need a rename, KDF force just put a 'rebel' in front and Starfleet forces just rename Terran or Mirror.

We all know queues are slow so why exclude 15% or 85% of the player base from teaming together with you?

Fleets, they have slowed and the cost with all the new dill sinks have become lower priority, we are at peace now why not allow cross faction joining of fleets, even put a limitation on the purchasing of items, elite items not allow but another faction for example. ( for those that say you shouldn't have cross faction the answer is simple, then don't do it but for the rest which would like it's a nice 'option' to have). Also may sell a it more c-store klink gear to feds wanting to try new toons of other factions if they see and interact with them.

The devs seem to want new players so we need to open up the game to them, not pigeon holeing them into a certain faction that can't full participate with the other.

For those that don't think we should mix like this as it dilutes down the factions then remember ' just because we can do a thing doesn't mean we have to do that thing'. Don't like it don't do it, stay the same as you are but options are always nice.
Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
Post edited by litchy74 on

Comments

• Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The answer will be "it's too hard"
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    litchy74 wrote: »
    We stand together Starfleet allined factions as well as KDF allined factions against the on coming threat,.... well almost.

Fleet alerts the few times you fight KDF or Starfleet force just need a rename, KDF force just put a 'rebel' in front and Starfleet forces just rename Terran or Mirror.

We all know queues are slow so why exclude 15% or 85% of the player base from teaming together with you?

Fleets, they have slowed and the cost with all the new dill sinks have become lower priority, we are at peace now why not allow cross faction joining of fleets, even put a limitation on the purchasing of items, elite items not allow but another faction for example. ( for those that say you shouldn't have cross faction the answer is simple, then don't do it but for the rest which would like it's a nice 'option' to have). Also may sell a it more c-store klink gear to feds wanting to try new toons of other factions if they see and interact with them.

The devs seem to want new players so we need to open up the game to them, not pigeon holeing them into a certain faction that can't full participate with the other.

For those that don't think we should mix like this as it dilutes down the factions then remember ' just because we can do a thing doesn't mean we have to do that thing'. Don't like it don't do it, stay the same as you are but options are always nice.

If you're looking for an RP reason... it's because while the war may be over... the Klingons and the Federation are two totally different "countries" with their own interests. Kind of look at the real world. Just because America is allies with Great Britain, it doesn't mean we share the same fleets. Sure on occasion we may share bases but that's usually only to counter specific threats... otherwise we stay seperate because we're two totally seperate enties.

Same in Star Trek... though the whole idea of the Romulans having to choose a side is now kind of silly and redundant and should be removed I grant you that.

From a mechanicaly point of view... as the above poster mentioned... it's too damn hard. The program was never set up for this... and to go back and tinker with fleets now would be a totally bee-atch.
  • Options
    paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I dont know what you are whining about. But you can queue up and have a mix KDF and fed on the same mission.

Truly shows how low knowledge of the ingame mechanics specially those who keep on whining about in game mechanics.

But this might be just a troll thread anywayz.
  • Options
    seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The reasons I keep hearing over and over again is that either A) it's too hard to program, which I don't buy, or B) because they're seperate factions, and never shall the two mix.

I wish we could. We all have a main character we focus on. I know a lot of people with ten characters, but even they have one main, and when it comes time to do something, either for a reason or just fun, half the team has to change because some are fed, some are klink, and the romulans don't count because they're just fed or kdf lite.

The way I look at it, after you finish the dyson sphere, you can already enter the opposing factions space. Let us team up already. What's the worst that can happen, someone replays a lower rank mission and the other side gets to see it? Oh no, a starfleet officer chasing romulans across Qo'nos! The horror!
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Also the peace doesn't exist until the individual character, plays through I Think it is Surface Tension. Prior to that the Feds and KDF are at war.

I still have a number of Characters that haven't played that mission so they are still at war while others Have played it so the war is over for those.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015

snip

Geko said in a pod cast the reason he made the kdf and feds allied was so they didn't have to make specific content for the KDF anymore
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You have a solid point OP and I feel you. If we could have at least cross faction teamups I think it would already solve a lot of problems.

I like the fed side better but that’s just me, a few friends of mine also favour kdf heavily and its always trouble if two or three of us want to simply hit a pve queue.

On rare occasions there seem a bug to surface where a fed ends up with a kdf after doing a pve together. I can’t imagine that it would be that hard for Cryptic to remove that unnecessary limitation.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I suppose it makes sense. Technically after Surface Tension the Federation and the Empire agree a ceasefire. That doesn't make them allies, they are both still very much looking out for their own interests.

The Republic basically acts as the cement since they are allied to them both.

BUT from a gameplay perspective it does suck, and I see no reason why after Surface Tension is completed (which by then you'd be of sufficient level to queue for most things) it could unlock cross faction teaming.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Because they haven't gotten around to implementing it yet.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »
    I dont know what you are whining about. But you can queue up and have a mix KDF and fed on the same mission.

Truly shows how low knowledge of the ingame mechanics specially those who keep on whining about in game mechanics.

But this might be just a troll thread anywayz.

your right your lack of knowledge is worrying,

fleet alerts all versions, ground, space, big dig, gorn minefield, scout force etc etc. think before you write.

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015

fleet alerts all versions, ground, space, big dig, gorn minefield, scout force etc etc. think before you write.

I salute you for even responding to that. Haven’t found any whining in your OP.

Just some suggestions which are actually quiet good. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I salute you for even responding to that. Haven’t found any whining in your OP.

Just some suggestions which are actually quiet good. :)

Just like all spoiled brats in STO forums general discussion, change the mechanics rather than adapt to the mechanics.

Majority of the change mechanics thread are just totally spoiled players or want to be spoiled by the game.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm one of those that (respectfully) disagrees.

If they made Romulans/Remans/Star Empire & KDF into true factions, begin to give both KDF & Roms equal treatment, then this Federation-centrism Ferenginar-driven economy excuse of a culturally-blindsighted military dictatorship melting-pot propaganda organization would have its own missions, as would Roms & KDF, and having 3 main characters across 3 true factions that only occasionally cease-fire for shared missions would actually spice things up in the Trek Universe.

It would also uphold the Ferenginar supremacy of profit before/at the expense all else if players had to actually spread across 3 factions as opposed to just 1 so the 'we built it but they never came' lame excuse might actually see higher earnings and more player involvement, but that's also in big part a remnant of the poor development & coverage of other factions in the Trek IP universe as a whole as it is.

Before being accused of specie-ism, I also have 5 Feds at level 60 with one trailing behind some, 1 of which is a main as well, and greatly enjoy playing that faction across many species including human even if I'm forced to pretend to be at odds with Starfleet regulations, orders, confront moral dilemmas, borrow Section 31 tactics, spy for the mirror universe, stuff of the sort, just like in the shows.

So yes, I get your point that it would be an option to queue or not to queue, however I can't back you on this one whatsoever as those who want to play across factions DO have the option of creating a character of that faction and exploring and enjoying something other than fed-centric ... ... I'll let you fill in the blanks for yourself :mad:

Respectfully, section 31/mirror universe/realistic Federation captain, Tal Shiar Operative, & Rogue Orion of the KDF ;)
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Umm, ahh.. but I run a KDF toon and I can que up for all the PvE stuff pretty sure... run mixed teams all the time.

There may be a few that are restricted to one faction or another in the early stages.. but all of the ques v Borg, Undine, Voth, and Breen are all cross faction. some of the lower level ones such as Minefield may be restricted due to story specific issues.

Play on man.. restriction disappears shortly
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Lol last weekend one of my alt klink toons spent all Saturday afternoon about 4 hours queued for big dig, never popped once. Apart from fleet alert try queuing for another fleet mark map.

The KDF numbers just aren't high enough for the amount of queue maps available, so why not allow cross faction teaming. Hell the devs seem to be giving everyone each others exclusive consoles.

If the numbers of logged on players where huge this wouldn't be a problem but numbers aren't huge and queues are slow. You could even have a toggle, mix teams yes/no.

And at end game i don't want to be able just to play rep PvE queues, why shouldn't I be able to run minefield, scout force, etc, again players are being forced to play only certain maps and they are blind to see how they are being manipulated.

'Play on man.. restriction disappears shortly', 14 alts all lvl 60, 4 years playing, Leader of a fleet, restrictions don't go you just get use to them and are accepted as the norm.

• Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think the factions as they are should remain separate, (fleets, homeworlds etc).
    But cross faction teaming could really breath some life into the cross faction queues especially from the KDF perspective.
    That said many of them are so slow to pop now its relatively easy for two players from opposing factions to join the same queue and end up in the same instance with some good timing.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The best reason to do this is to cut down on the queue times, which are a major problem as the playerbase continues to fade.