test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Present day assets?

Hi everyone,

I'm considering doing my first Foundry mission, with the plot involving time travel and the main setting being the present time.

Sounds a bit complicated to start off, but instead it would be a simple mission because

(1) there will be little to no combat

(2) It's a ground based, dialogue driven story (there will be no space parts)

Only thing complicated is that for the first part I need as much modern props are out there for a ground map,

then any pre-made federal map and/or a travel to the ESD itself will do for the second and final part.

SO, what modern assets are there in the Foundry? :confused:

Name everything you know, office props, wether there are the beds to take sun that are in Risa map, present-day looking buildings and such.

Wether I will do or not my first own mission depends on this.

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps out. :)
I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
Post edited by alexsanderita on

Comments

• Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, present day (2015) you are pretty well out of luck for the most part, there are very few objects that can pass terran 21st century items. There might be a few TOS era ones that might work as like art deco pieces, but beyond that, everything is lifted from existing assets which means realistically the oldest things are 2260-ish. Some of the new romulus bridges and stairs can work but have a greenish hue to them. There are the foundation <blah> objects that have a generic stone texture that at least could work for a cobble ground covering and I think one is a white brick teture, but they are large and thick and not great for building sets and have no windows that you can really say fit modern ascetics
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wouldn't present day be somewhere around the eugenics wars? Could just create a wasteland area, pretty sure we've gotten to the point where present day and star treks history have diverged.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to make a decent skyscraper myself. the conclusion I came up with is to use stone blocks for the main body, and have half-hidden objects for the windows.

Oh, and one of the Grethor props makes passable asphalt. It's the wall top corner piece. it's just a flat stone platform with a small spike or something attached to the corner. that's relatively easy to hide(stick a streetlight on it or something). Also.... it has an odd way of texturing that makes the slabs flow with each other smoothly no matter how you arrange them. So you don't need to worry about tile edges in the middle of your road.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My apologies for posting this here; however, I apparently don't have permission to start a separate thread.

I am trying to incorporate aliens in my foundry mission, and, to this end, I have created costumes that I have applied to existing NPC groups. I have chosen the Undine as the group to costume because of the alien look of their combat graphics. While the costumes work well, and the combat graphics give me the alien look that I want, I have the problem that extra Undine Guardians sometimes appear with the group and spoil the effect that I'm going for.

Does anyone know is there is a work around for this?

Many thanks :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My apologies for posting this here; however, I apparently don't have permission to start a separate thread.

I am trying to incorporate aliens in my foundry mission, and, to this end, I have created costumes that I have applied to existing NPC groups. I have chosen the Undine as the group to costume because of the alien look of their combat graphics. While the costumes work well, and the combat graphics give me the alien look that I want, I have the problem that extra Undine Guardians sometimes appear with the group and spoil the effect that I'm going for.

Does anyone know is there is a work around for this?

Many thanks :)

Have to apply the costume to each actor individually. There may also be an undine npc type that summons reinforcements, if there is you really can't do Anything about it.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have to apply the costume to each actor individually. There may also be an undine npc type that summons reinforcements, if there is you really can't do Anything about it.

I don't recall Undine ever spawning additional units. I would just check and make sure all the actors have been reskinned.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't recall Undine ever spawning additional units. I would just check and make sure all the actors have been reskinned.

I wasnt sure so i listed that as a possibility, as you said though its probably not the case
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Many thanks for your replies.

I did skin each individual actor prior to posting, and I have double checked to make sure that I did costume everyone. The two extra Guardian npcs appear randomly, so I'm left to assume that it is some npc power that is activating, and that I'm going to have to find a way to write an excuse in.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Many thanks for your replies.

I did skin each individual actor prior to posting, and I have double checked to make sure that I did costume everyone. The two extra Guardian npcs appear randomly, so I'm left to assume that it is some npc power that is activating, and that I'm going to have to find a way to write an excuse in.

Thanks again.

Have you tried using a different rank of undine mob? I had a mission that reskinned hirogen and I couldn't use captain level as it spawned extra hirogen dudes.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Have you tried using a different rank of undine mob? I had a mission that reskinned hirogen and I couldn't use captain level as it spawned extra hirogen dudes.

Thanks for the heads up! I changed the Captain level groups to Commander level groups, and that seems to have eliminated the uncostumed Undine spawn.
  • Options
    yellowsunwarroryellowsunwarror Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I noticed while attempting my first Foundry mission that there seemed to be many limits and restrictions that required me to be more creative than my original plan. It all worked out. Does anyone know if they plan to add the Standard ship layout map, that all ships seem to have - the only difference being the Bridge choice?
    I want to create stories that take place on the character's ship. It seemed to me that many Star Trek episodes took place on their ship, rather than on a planet or other ship. Would it not be a simple thing to include the standard ship layout as a map option?
    Please review my first Foundry Mission. Attention to orders.
    Mission Code: ST-HF7GJONHM - Update! This mission has graduated and can now be found in Browse All! Thank you everyone for your reviews.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you mean the Fed ship interior? They might add it eventually. there are some damaged version in the list already though. You might have to hide the damage though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg