Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment Brainstorming Session

2»

Comments

• Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, to minimize the forced gimping of my 4 characters, I'll have to roll a new character for the event. I've decided to have some fun with this though, so I'm planning to roll a mutant Human Tac captain (it will be my 1st tac): Gwyllim (from the Outer Limits episode "The Sixth Finger", featuring David McCallum). Unlike most tactical captains, most of his prowess will be cerebral, while his XO (Zippy the Pinhead) and the rest of his away team (the Three Stooges) take all the punishment.

I'm not sure what ships to put them in yet, but I'm sure they will include the Lollipop, the Jellyfish, and the Exxon Valdez... :P
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, to minimize the forced gimping of my 4 characters, I'll have to roll a new character for the event. I've decided to have some fun with this though, so I'm planning to roll a mutant Human Tac captain (it will be my 1st tac): Gwyllim (from the Outer Limits episode "The Sixth Finger", featuring David McCallum). Unlike most tactical captains, most of his prowess will be cerebral, while his XO (Zippy the Pinhead) and the rest of his away team (the Three Stooges) take all the punishment.

I'm not sure what ships to put them in yet, but I'm sure they will include the Lollipop, the Jellyfish, and the Exxon Valdez... :P

If you do the Exxon valdez, make sure to carry the theta radiation console and/or eject warp plasma so every time you hit an object in space...

..well, its a good thing theres no birds in space... (unless you count the Xindi avians)
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mthomps016 wrote: »
    I think I'll finally make an Alt out of my Andorian First Officer, and give her a very quirky bridge crew.

Straightlaced by the book type as the center of a bunch of people with problems.

I might flip that around with my time-traveling robot from 8,000,000 years in the future (ie. only one with problems in a ship filled with book-types), when the intelligent life of the Star Trek universe have finally evolved to fit a true eusocial (ie. ant-colony) lifestyle and the galaxy is filled with semi-intelligent, ground bound, civilizations running off of group social imperatives rather than cognition.

Bound to mess anyone up. :P
    burstorion wrote: »

..well, its a good thing theres no birds in space... (unless you count the Xindi avians)

...and those bird-people from The Animated Series (might be why they had such a high reproductive rate, perpetually rebounding from space-born oil slicks).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm most likely not going to create a delta recruit.

If cryptic decides to do the smart thing and allow us to apply delta recruit status to existing characters with a zen store purchase, then that's what I'll do.

I do not want to play/create a character I don't give a damn about, I want to play the characters I created simply because I felt like it.

No, STO is not alt friendly, and if this is an attempt to make alt friendly, it's like trying to solve a tribble infestation by adding a truckload of stuffed false tribbles for a week and then removing them to make the station feel less infested after.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    goofysettergoofysetter Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Might I point out that Delta Recruitment is also a great time to have a lifetime subscriber (LTS) promotion? I'd definitely be up for that - new subscription, new character, new objectives?
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So some of you might be worrying "I don't have an imagination, I already have a white male human FED

I was thinking of rolling a Federation Klingon male, but now I feel like if I don't roll a White Male American Starfleet Captain or a frat-boy male Orion, I'm letting the fictional-diversity in player-character brow-beaters win.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pakled Tac. "I make problems go........away."
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    -Twelve time-traveling Picard clones and one Riker
    That was quite an impressive list, but this one stood out to me as something I just might try to achieve.

Though I'd prefer to do it as twelve alternate-universe Rikers and one dimensional-hopping Worf. And naturally one of those Rikers would be from the Borg-Are-Winning universe.
    Yes, but what about the space whales (gekli)?
    Playable Horta FTW.
    Makes me think of this guy.
    gradii wrote: »
    I'm most likely not going to create a delta recruit.
    Assuming the bonus XP weekends Geko referenced are applied to all characters, and not just the delta recruits, I think you'd be making a mistake. Sounds like they'll be periodically dropping mini-events intended to get us playing the delta recruits, and if during the events the community can collectively achieve some metric threshold, our reward will be bonus XP weekends.

If the bonus XP weekends gained through the delta recruit mechanic are only available for delta recruits, I wish anyone who made their delta recruit their new main the best of luck. Everyone else is out of luck, including likely myself.

That said, I'm holding off on opening up the plasmonic leech I picked up yesterday, just in case I decide my delta recruit will be Fed-Rom instead of the KDF or KDF-Rom I was planning on originally.
    If you do the Exxon valdez, make sure to carry the theta radiation console and/or eject warp plasma so every time you hit an object in space...
    Breen space set's 4-piece is eject cryoplasma.

Idk, I never really made that type of ability work, though I probably wasn't distributing my skills correctly or stacking the appropriate stat. Also, it was disappointing that some/all of them have a shared cooldown.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle