test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give us a CONFIRM button!!!!

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
In a real foul mood... wasted an entire days worth of refined dilithium by accidentally clicking "finish" now on a project while trying to collect a finished one. :mad:

Seriously, PLEASE add a prompt to make us CONFIRM that we really WANT to "finish now", so accidental clicks CANNOT HAPPEN!
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• Options
    decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I second this. Twice I have accidentally hit "Finish now" on an R&D Research project (those cost 18000 Dilithium if you hit them by accident). I've seen quite a few threads making this request, and after the first few, the Developers added a warning to the upgrade system's "Finish Now" button if you didn't have enough Dilithium, so I believe they misunderstood the request.

I would also like to see the White Quality R&D Doffs (the ones from Request R&D Assistance) become disqualified for contributions to Fleet Projects because if you have them, it becomes very tedious when contributing duty officers to fleet projects because you need to be careful not to contribute them by accident.
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My son did the same thing. The shriek of "Nooooooooooo!" reverberated through the house.
  • Options
    mightylink#4428 mightylink Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I feel like there doing this on purpose, they want you to lose your dilithium so you have to end up buying it with c-points v_v
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    R&D UI lag is more annoying than this.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I feel like there doing this on purpose, they want you to lose your dilithium so you have to end up buying it with c-points v_v

You found them out...:eek:

Don't know how much I have wasted doing the same thing
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wholeheartedly concur with this.

I've clicked on finish now by accident far to many times! Especially when the UI lags out.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its definatly on my pet peeves list.
    Meanwhile, there is a convenient "confirm" button on the Upgrade UI...
    I can't see why they didn't add one to the crafting UI.
    Other then the fact, its nearly 20k per miss-click.
    Seems to me its working exactly as they intended.

And I made another miss-click last night. Another 18k dil down the toilette.
    I've probably miss-clicked myself out of +200k Dil by this point.
    Its really starting to get on my nerves.
    :(
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Working as intended... :rolleyes:

This is the exact place a confirm button should spawn, much more than "are you sure you want to leave the system?"
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    sabresonsabreson Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, that would be a brilliant QoL improvement.
    I doesn't happen to me a lot, because of long intervals between playing, so when I come back to the game, I just collect the results on all projects, but it happens nonetheless. And the feeling when you misclick is really not pleasant at all...
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder how much they are "making" on accidental "Finishes". I would be happy with a confirm over a certain amount of dilithium -- 1800 maybe -- 2hours?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wardcalis wrote: »
    I'm not trolling but I personally don't want a confirm button. It would be quite a hassal to have to confirm completion on mk2 items and similar short CD crafting items that complet quickly. If they do add this it should be only implemented on the 20hr projects

In shops you can override the confirmation prompt by holding down Ctrl. No reason the same couldn't be done for this.
    Also I don't understand how you can click the wrong one. The buttons are huge. If you are having this trouble I suggest you drag the sides of the window to make the element larger in the UI
    The thing is, you're NOT clicking the wrong one. Its the same button as "Collect Result." You log in and expect the projects to be done, so you click on the button without reading the text. Or there's 4 done and one thats not, but you didn't read every one...etc. After you've wasted dilithium once or twice you learn to be more careful, but thats no excuse for bad UI.

There's no UI design reason not to have a separate "Finish Now" button. There's plenty of empty space in the field.

But it should still have a confirmation prompt, too. Like every other purchase in the game has.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    Stings like a Bee

and your Dilithium floats away like a Butterfly

Here is a easy fix to this problem

Transfer all of your dilithium to a character not doing R&D , Get Dilithium when you need it

Always keep less than 20k Dilithium on your characters this way
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    +1 for a confirm button. Would be nice.
  • Options
    tgo533tgo533 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After doing this 5 or so times loosing dil i now put all my characters dill in the zen exchange and only remove it when I need it.

There is no reason not to have a confirm on this besides "we want you to waste your dill on nothing"
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is a ok/confirm button when you want to repair your ship . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?