test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starbase Special project: Memorial statue.

abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
I think that it would be worthwhile to introduce a new starbase special project: Spock Memorial Statue. In addition the starbase instance cap should be raised to match that of open social zones, so that people can have private parties and what not.

This would give each player and fleet their own memorial so that they can remember Lenard Nimoy in their own fashion. Since he was a Starfleet officer, I think it would be better if it was limited to Federation starbases (I wouldn't want such a statue in my KDF stabase). The KDF could get a statue of Kang (played by deceased actor Michael Ansara) or generic memorial warrior statue to memorialize all the Star Trek actors who have departed (or something awesome because we are KDF :D)

This way people can have their private moment or event without having to worry about others intruding.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am not convinced that is a good idea. Unless it's completely free perhaps. Because if it's not, Cryptic is basically indirectly or directly earning money with the memorial, and I think that would be poor taste - the current memorials in the game feel like a honest tribute to the deceased Star Trek alumni, but if create a fleet project or something like that, it is changed to something different.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just.... NO

The memorials present in game are good enough...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I also need one for my ready room because sometimes I need to look at a memorial right away and don't have time to get to a base
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I also need one for my ready room because sometimes I need to look at a memorial right away and don't have time to get to a base

Right next to that security officer?