test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deck 66 - Memorial gardens

uranium23567uranium23567 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
an idea i've been throwing around in my head. ESD now have a nice design, as does the academy, if we can put together some nice gardens, flowing water, maybe we can have a full blown deck dedicated to those who have passed, not just the main characters

sections include full pictures, an interactive console with pictures, and narrations by those captains who are still alive (I think Avery brooks would be excellent for this)

have memorials for recent passing, and have the whole section action-free so there is no body blowing any damn party horns (though I think some people do it not to troll, but to celebrate the life of...however i'm barely sure)

we can throw in other people, like Andreas Katsulas and have plenty of room, cause as much as I hate to say it, the original series actors are getting up there, and even a few others too.

why 66? first real broadcast episode was in 1966

just something I'm throwing around in my head, maybe something the map devs can work on little by little till they have something they can release

STO is really one of the few MMO's with a seriously massive past associated with it, a past that in fact changed the world itself. Even though I thoroughly dislike some factors of it and what its done to the canon (although yes I know its not canon), there needs to be more homage to its past, IMO

-Paul

Comments

• Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a nice idea, I think it would be better to have a full blown social area for remembrance for everyone associated with Star Trek and even the game.

However limiting the place to ESD means KDF or KDF aligned Romulans won't be able to see it. So 2 places would be needed. Say a garden on ESD and a Hall of Heroes on Qo'nos or something.

I have to be honest here as well, the first thing that came to mind after seeing 66 was Order 66. Sure it's a different franchise but...yeah...