test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

happy bday t'pol :)

tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
my favourite vulcan since spock, jolene blalock (t'pol), turns 40 years old today!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You know, I do consider it's becoming somewhat scary that so many people at least seem incapable of separating actors from their roles around here.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    You know, I do consider it's becoming somewhat scary that so many people at least seem incapable of separating actors from their roles around here.

especially considering T'Pol the character admitted to being 66 years old in an episode of Star Trek Enterprise.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    in case it isnt painfully obvious, i included the character name for the benefit of people unaware of the actors name.
    but whatever makes you feel smart ;)
    edited March 2015
    in case it isnt painfully obvious, i included the character name for the benefit of people unaware of the actors name.
    but whatever makes you feel smart ;)

I honestly didn't try to sound smart, but your post shines in a different light after all the people mourning the passing of "spock" and you did wrte "my favourite vulcan (...) turned 40 today". Without all the people mourning spock I probably wouldn't have noticed that at all, but in that context I felt it necessary to voice that.

How about "Happy bday jolele blalock (t'pol) :) - The actress of my favorite vulcan (...)"
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I honestly didn't try to sound smart, but your post shines in a different light after all the people mourning the passing of "spock" and you did wrte "my favourite vulcan (...) turned 40 today". Without all the people mourning spock I probably wouldn't have noticed that at all, but in that context I felt it necessary to voice that.

How about "Happy bday jolele blalock (t'pol) :) - The actress of my favorite vulcan (...)"

We should thank him for making us feel smart though, its only logical.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    no naked pic ? im not interesed.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A character with no connection to STO. Why put it in the main forum, instead off the Off-Topic Ten-Forward where it belongs?
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,303 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    czertik123 wrote: »
    no naked pic ? im not interesed.

Here ya go!
  • dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Here ya go!

lol, I can't wait to visit Ferenginar, those are bound to be the most awkward missions ever :cool:
    edited March 2015
    dourif wrote: »
    lol, I can't wait to visit Ferenginar, those are bound to be the most awkward missions ever :cool:

I'm pretty sure Ferengi culture was "westernized" enough in STO eliminate that risk ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm pretty sure Ferengi culture was "westernized" enough in STO eliminate that risk ;)

Yeah I remember something about Quarks moogie starting a revolution of sorts (I guess something like the reverse of bra burning) :D