test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Mission Request: Civvie/Merc

takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Ten Forward
OK, let me first say that I have a character who basically left Starfleet and went Mercenary, while a friend of mine has a character who's essentially a business magnate.

However, STO doesn't really allow for that in its missions - all the official ones assume you're a member of Starfleet, the KDF, or the Romulan Republic Military. But, we do have an ace-in-the-hole in that department: The Foundry.

Using the Foundry, people can create their own missions and share them with others. And those missions don't need to have the same limitations as the official ones. :D

So, I put this request out to all of you: Tell us of the Foundry Missions you've made or seen that follow a more civilian or mercenary bent. From simple cargo milk runs you could easily take a Tuffli Freighter on (that potentially get ambushed by Pirates once in a while) to Privateer Contracts against various official installations, to the seedy criminal underworlds of the galaxy - let us know of the missions you create that show the side of the Trek galaxy that only Deep Space Nine touched upon with any degree of significance!!

I look forward to seeing, and potentially testing, what you put up here. And if the plot is of the quality you might expect from the shows, you might potentially get a tip for your troubles. :cool:
76561198160276582.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Try The Long Haul, by u5a. You play as a crew member aboard a freighter, and stumble across some sort of conspiracy involving the USS [Your Ship Name], which was lost without a trace some years ago. It's a clever mission, though there's no context for why you're joining a freighter crew. It ends on a cliffhanger, so I'm waiting for a sequel.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    OK, let me first say that I have a character who basically left Starfleet and went Mercenary, while a friend of mine has a character who's essentially a business magnate.

However, STO doesn't really allow for that in its missions - all the official ones assume you're a member of Starfleet, the KDF, or the Romulan Republic Military. But, we do have an ace-in-the-hole in that department: The Foundry.

Using the Foundry, people can create their own missions and share them with others. And those missions don't need to have the same limitations as the official ones. :D

So, I put this request out to all of you: Tell us of the Foundry Missions you've made or seen that follow a more civilian or mercenary bent. From simple cargo milk runs you could easily take a Tuffli Freighter on (that potentially get ambushed by Pirates once in a while) to Privateer Contracts against various official installations, to the seedy criminal underworlds of the galaxy - let us know of the missions you create that show the side of the Trek galaxy that only Deep Space Nine touched upon with any degree of significance!!

I look forward to seeing, and potentially testing, what you put up here. And if the plot is of the quality you might expect from the shows, you might potentially get a tip for your troubles. :cool:
    That does sound fun. I have a couple of merc characters myself. Unfortunately I don't have the time or patience to do anything with the foundry.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    That does sound fun. I have a couple of merc characters myself. Unfortunately I don't have the time or patience to do anything with the foundry.

I don't really have the time, patience, or skill to work with it, myself - that's why I'm using this thread to outsource it to those that do. :D

EDIT: Just learned that this might be better off in the Foundry Discussion Board - Mods, if you would be so kind as to move this thread there, that would be much appreciated. :)
    76561198160276582.png