test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Im tired of AP getting everything (including unfixed exploit)

124»

Comments

• Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I made a thread about phasers not being worth a TRIBBLE. i dont know who at criptic loves anti-proton but i wish they would just quit. "set anti-proton to stun mister spock!"...

Then you lack the ability to read other such threads (with equally flawed premises).

Phasers have a great 2-set, which is worth using, powerhouse consoles (cough saturation bomb) that are buffed to insane proportions by +phaser consoles, variants with pretty sound (TOS Phasers), and variants worth using (Phased Biomatter, Bio-Molecular Phasers).

Disruptors have the same great 2-set as phasers (in addition to one other I wouldn't use), a few good consoles that are buffed by +dis consoles, and several good variants (bio-molecular, nanite, and elachi) that are good in PvP and PvE.

Plasma has two good 2-sets (rep and the one with the Ar'kif quad cannons), and a few good variants (corrosive plasma and romplas).

Tetryon has... well, Cryptic tries. They do have a 2-set worth using for DBB users (and an okay 2-set I wouldn't use), and tet consoles do buff tet cascade, which lead to tet settings dps records at one point. There's a lot of variations, but for reasons stemming from not wanting to make tetryon broken as all hell in PvP, none of them are particularly good.

Polaron has a great 2-set (Jem 2-set>Nukara 2-set) and a few good variants (prot pol, thor pol, and phased pol).

Antiproton, to date, has... the Obelisk 2-set and a torp. It's two variations are essentially worthless (at least in PvE, which I'm pretty sure is the subject of this discussion) relative to normal antiproton and most other weapon types. Of those, neither are worth using, as the 2-set comes at the cost of a good warp core (the AMP alone is better than the 2-set) and a good weapon. All AP has is it's innate proc and the ability to slot an extra omni beam - compared to at least one good or great 2-set, valuable variants, or buffing tet cascade, it's kind of hard to say antiproton gets 'everything'.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ap was always the heavy hitter...unfortunately they are far to easy to acquire and fleet consoles make it far to easy to get crit % up without sacrificing anything as you had to pre fleet consoles.

in the could have been catagory they should have been difficult to acquire, expensive to craft and required exotic mats. sadly there is no kind of rarity for weapon types. everything is equally available to anyone no matter how much or how little effort they put into it. and the fleet consoles (excluding rom boffs) make it so easy to make ap's more effective than they ever where prior.

i built 2 characters with AP before the consoles and roms. it was a sacrifice getting wep spec high and skimping on other skills to get my crit% as high as possible. left out torps entirely, pure energy. now? it's easy peasy, no real thought required, no skill point shuffling, just grab some consoles and pew pew away.

it was a broken system as soon as cryptic started throwing shiny's into fleets to make them more attractive and lucrative (for cryptic). it will remain broken since the root causes won't ever be addressed.

they can't take away the fleet consoles (there would be rage)
    they can't take away ap's from those that already have them
    they can't alter crafting them

and the main answers here? BUFF MOAR WEAPONS. this is how this all got started. ap's were and should have remained endgame. big guns that took some effort to use well.

is their any solution?not really buff other energy types and you end up with the same power creep. though the biggest killer of competition is that 2.5% proc rate compared to how high you can push crit rate...2.5% is a joke.. mayhap if that was tweaked upwards...or there was a skill/specialization that could be applied to increase it....something players could build into to bump that proc rate up...that could even the playing field.

oh...and that exploit? it will be fixed eventually OP so pointless to include it since it is obviously broken like plasma doping was broken. including it as if it was intentional game design was BS, added nothing to your point only detracted from it since anyone with half a brain can see it's not working as intended.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is whining thread.

The difference between weapons are small and only if you are just comparing weapon procs not build difference nor piloting differences. jarvis already pointed out the disadvantages of Antiproton.

The problem with those complaining on Antiproton is that they are only comparing weapon procs and disregarding everything else like piloting, builds and sets.

If you consider to include builds/piloting skills, etc, currently, the most powerful weapon are the Phasers not Antiproton.