test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why not having the main them of Star Trek Online at Sol System?

uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Federation Discussion
As the title says instead of having the STO theme at DS9 why not have it at Sol System?
I personnally think it is more suituble.

Plus why not put the DS9 TV series theme in space of DS9?

just a thought.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by uss917019 on

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    I like your thoughs... The movies had some awesome music in them as well

It would cost cryptic cash though in royalitys I believe not sure is why they arnt used
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I believe the music for Star Trek are separate licenses, held by different recording companies and composers for each series and film.

So, that's a lot of licenses to negotiate and buy.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think he's referring to this theme, the one that plays when you start up the game.

But, yeah, it would be nice to hear the DS9 TV theme. However, Cryptic would have to pay for the royalties for that. :(
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    djxprime wrote: »
    I think he's referring to this theme, the one that plays when you start up the game.

Ah, my mistake. I don't know then. Maybe we'll get something like that changed with the Sector Space revamp?
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Star Trek Online theme is similar, but not the same as the TOS, TMP, and TNG themes. I do think they could make a neo-DS9 theme that hint and is reminiscent of the TV show theme much as the STO intro theme does for TOS, TMP, and TNG.

I do agree with the OP that the STO theme should be playing at ESD. I also think the music playing at Sherman's Planet/K-7 should use the themes tracks from the TOS episode "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Likewise, Starbase Sierra-39 should use the themes from the TNG episodes featuring the Romulans, particularly the episode "The Neutral Zone".
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ya and why it can't be like Star Wars the Old Republic where you always hear all of their cool themes from the movies.

So why not Star Trek Online can have the movie themes, I know it will be hard but it would feel more Star Trek to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Me too I would like it! When you enter sector space either TOS theme or the TNG theme plays, when you enter the delta quadrant the Voy theme plays, when you enter the DS9 system the DS9 theme plays.
    Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation