test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Kobali Sansar---ONE DAY AWAY from access! Not nice to tease your playerbase PWE!

saphira123456789saphira123456789 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Federation Discussion
*GROAN!!!*

Blast Q and the Anniversary ship; I was ONE DAY'S WORTH of Qmendations away from the Samsar.

Less than that; actually I was THREE; yes THREE Qmendations away.

I wish PWE would institute a "So close; yet so far away" policy and let players like me HAVE the ship, if and only if the Qmendations were at least within a day's grasp but the Event to grab them all ended within that last day needed.

Because without that ship and its' unique console, no one can unlock the Command Battlecruisers' full array of abilities!

I was so damn close to it I feel like I was robbed and teased.

And that ain't nice.

I for one don't enjoy never having a full array of combat abilites at my disposal when I go into battle.

It's like an Armored Corps going into battle without their tanks.

If crucial pieces are missing; then your strategy is not only ineffective, but completely ruined.

You might as well go in with zero strategy. Because both ways are good ways to get you killed.

Any Flag Officer in the US Navy; from Rear Admiral up to Fleet Admiral, any one of them who is worth his salt would tell you the same.

Even the armed forces from here in the states to around the globe would agree.

I know Gene Roddenberry served in the Air Force during WWII. (Army Air Corps; but essentially the same.)

This fact inspired me to follow in his footsteps and join the present-day USAF.

He would be sorely ashamed of the fact I'm complaining of.
Post edited by saphira123456789 on

Comments

• variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You can still buy Qmendations from the Lobi store IIRC. Should be easy to close the gap to get your Samsar.
  • joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How is it cryptics fault you didn't farm enough tokens?

Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    how is it cryptics fault that you didn't put as much effort into it as required?
    Go pro or go home
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Lol, wow, dude, just buy the leftover qmendations with lobi. They gave us way, way more time than usual to get the qmendations. It's not like the upcoming CE event or the mirror event, both of which are way easier to fail if you miss some days.
  • zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *GROAN!!!*

Blast Q and the Anniversary ship; I was ONE DAY'S WORTH of Qmendations away from the Samsar.

I wish PWE would institute a "So close; yet so far away" policy and let players like me HAVE the ship, if and only if the Qmendations were at least within a day's grasp but the Event to grab them all ended within that last day needed.

Because without that ship and its' unique console, no one can unlock the Command Battlecruisers' full array of abilities!

And that ain't nice.

I for one don't enjoy never having a full array of combat abilites at my disposal when I go into battle.

If crucial pieces are missing; then your strategy is not only ineffective, but completely ruined.

You might as well go in with zero strategy. Because both ways are good ways to get you killed.

Any Flag Officer in the US Navy; from Rear Admiral up to Fleet Admiral, any one of them who is worth his salt would tell you the same.

I know Gene Roddenberry served in the Air Force during WWII. (Army Air Corps; but essentially the same.)

Despite the initial problems that occured when the event went live, there should have been sufficient time to complete the event without even doing the "Dust to Dust" mission for the 400 Qmendations. By doing that mission you would only need to do the mission what 15 times? to get the ship and then one additional time per alt if you wanted the ship on multiple characters so not all that much effort.

There was also the option to buy Qmendations for lobi which may still be active but I'm not 100% sure (probably would have cost you like 5 lobi at most given you only needed 3 Qmendations) and even use leftover Qmendations from pervious events so really the problem lies with you and not Cryptic. I would suggest you go check out the lobi store and see if the option is still there to purchase the Qmendation packs as they don't always remove it straight away after the events end.
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • johnluckpicartjohnluckpicart Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *GROAN!!!*

And that ain't nice.

To quote Gene Roddenberry on this: 'LOL'
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *GROAN!!!*

And that ain't nice.

As military veteran myself, I offended that you brought the military into this. The United States Marine Corps has a motto, "adapt and overcome." It would be wise for you, being in the air force, make it part of your vocabulary.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *GROAN!!!*

And that ain't nice.

Ridiculous post.

You run Dusk to Dusk, it takes 10 min tops and gives you 400 Marks.

You then need to run the event a grand total of 15 times between January 29th and yesterday. That's over 3 weeks to to 10 minutes worth of easy galaxy hopping 15 times. If you missed out on the ship, you have one person to blame.. yourself. The dates were announced, everyone knew it was a limited time.

Hopefully, your service in the Military teaches you some attention to detail as well as how to take personal responsibility for your own mistakes.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like how he brings Roddenberry into this, saying that he would be ashamed that a player in a mediocre game 24 years after his death didn't get some shiny because the time ran out. And this weird military anecdotes. I think this qualifies as the rant of the century. Or at least the day.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LOL... just LOL
    server_hamster6.png
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As a member of the USAF I am ashamed one of our own is such a lazy cry baby.

Go back to lackland and see if they forgot to issue you your testes.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't feel to bad sure a few missed it with you. I was actaully one of them due to it messing up and not allowing me to complete it in certain sectors. No clue why it jammed up but there was about 6 times I couldn't complete it and well about 3 days of which I needed as I started to late.

Had hoped since it was posted in issues they would add atleast a week to event but whatever. No point now in buying the command ship packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    As military veteran myself, I offended that you brought the military into this. The United States Marine Corps has a motto, "adapt and overcome." It would be wise for you, being in the air force, make it part of your vocabulary.
    Hopefully, your service in the Military teaches you some attention to detail as well as how to take personal responsibility for your own mistakes.
    As a member of the USAF I am ashamed one of our own is such a lazy cry baby.

Go back to lackland and see if they forgot to issue you your testes.

As a USAF vet, I agree with everything these three have posted. You are THREE away, get them from the Lobi store and get whining.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Okay, for starters, please go to your room and look in the mirror.

Next, repeat after me: "Relax! It is only a game!"

Once this is complete we will have begun our journey to self actualization. How grand.

Now we get to the hard part. This will be challenging but I know you can do this. I have faith in you.

In front of the same mirror, stand up as tall as you can, look your reflection firmly in the eye, and say,

"It is no one's fault but my own that I am lazy and I should accept the consequences of my own slothfulness."

And since when is the USAF a military organization?
    They draw combat pay for being in a DFAC which doesn't have chocolate in the ice cream machine. :P

Boots and Saddles! Scouts out!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sohtoh wrote: »
    As a USAF vet, I agree with everything these three have posted. You are THREE away, get them from the Lobi store and get whining.

Service, Integrity, Excellence.

They have clearly failed at excellence.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • lawstanzlawstanz Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Troll rating: 6/10

Obvious troll, but throws in military references to get people extra ticked off.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Extend it ONE DAY for one yayhoo who couldn't finish it... Then what about the next guy who was two days away...

Just ONE MORE DAY... then ONE MORE after that... then just ONE MORE...

:rolleyes:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LOL!!!

You should be able to buy the Qmendations from the Lobi store... at least least after Thursday's patch since I did not see Qmendations for sale yesterday.

At least it is not as bad as my own "sob story". I forgot to slot the project for one of my toons so I cannot even get the Kobali Cruiser for that particular toon. LOL!!!!

I suppose the Kobali Cruiser may be be added to the Lobi Store like the Dyson Destroyer from the 2014 Anniversary Event, but no way in hell am I going to waste 800 Lobi Crystals on a ship that used to be free.

Ahhhh..... disappointed in myself for not slotting the project, but it's so damn funny that I can't stop laughing at myself... Well, I guess I'll be using the Qmendations for 2016's event.
  • giggleigloosgiggleigloos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Doesn't grind hard enough:

Blames the game

gg so close
This discussion has been closed.