Install Arc
Options

In with the Old, Out with the New

2»

Comments

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Considering the numbers I've seen? I'd say they were reasonably popular.
    Well I can't vouch for that, as I've seen differently. Maybe it's the time of day, or the missions undertaken, but from my viewpoint, they're not that popular.
    quite true, it's now dried-out and mummified....
    If you say so... I would however believe otherwise, and as I've already informed coldnapalm, my opinion on the matter isn't likely to change, so people reminding me that they think it's a dead horse is somewhat irrelevant, but please, if it makes you feel better, continue with your revelation.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    Memory must be short. Black Friday sale - 20% off everything in the C-Store including the recently released Delta Operations Pack and the Pathfinder released two weeks previously.

After watching the Voyager episode 'Flashback' yesterday I decided to take my Excelsior on my Engineer and upgrade it to the Fleet version and T5U upgraded it as well. Will jump to that after I finish Mastery levelling up the current Samsar.

Friday night I decided to proceed to Vulcan with my Vulcan Science character for the memorial. I outfitted the character with a TOS Science uniform and switched to my D'Kyr, again here doing a T5U upgrade. Spent today doing some Delta and Tau Dewa patrols to level up the Mastery, now complete. The ship performed well and I really did enjoy flying it. A fitting additional tribute would be to add the D'Kyr to the Fleet store to bring an iconic Vulcan ship to equal other classic ships at end game levels.

I'd buy a fleet D'Kyr, 100%
    Would love to own one.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Captains,

Please cease and desist with the Connie part of this discussion. The thread is getting derailed in favor of one ship that we have been told -- in no uncertain terms many times -- is off the table.

Further discussion of the Connie will be moderated.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What is the point of buying new ships or earning ship sets when the DR content requires highly custom (IMO boring) build outs to get the "right" dps.

Even the DR episodes apparently require everything *but* interesting ships and ship sets.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What is the point of buying new ships or earning ship sets when the DR content requires highly custom (IMO boring) build outs to get the "right" dps.

Even the DR episodes apparently require everything *but* interesting ships and ship sets.
    I'm pretty sure I'd have little difficulty coaxing the Vaadwaur to "taste the Rainbow". :P I recently updated the build with an even better range of colors! :D I now have a bright red AP, orange phaser, yellow Polaron, green disruptor, blue-green Romplasma, blue-white tetryon, purple Polaron, and a pinkish KCB. :D sooo shiny. :D

Which given the build I'm using, actually works out ok. Especially since I have the benefits of multiple sets.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

No way, I've blown through those episodes in a Voth Palisade science vessel with 4x Polaron Turrets, a Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo and a Kinetic Cutting Beam.

You don't have to follow the crowd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    suphoriasuphoria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    All This thread is:

"My personal taste in ships says "I only like cannon" so I want the ships I like to play to be as good as the ships that are the best in the game so I don't feel gimped for staying with a low level ship"

Lots of people like the new ships, and TONS have paid 25-35 bucks per ship just to get them. I myself bought the Intrepid pack for the pathfinder.

People - its an objective taste. its like saying you love sirloin steak, but its more expensive than chuck-roast so you want the sirloin to be made cheaper so its 'fair' to those who like sirloin.

End statement: Unless they plan to re-re-re-release some low level ships, the cannon ships are done with. The game must move forward, and clinging to decades-old ship designs because your childhoold-feels get kindered is not something the game mechanics should cater to for longer then 10 levels - the time it takes you to play the ship and get bored of it, and move on.
  • Options
    huntorhuntor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I love canon ships too, I ALWAYS come back to them. I hope they will release a T6 pack of the canon ships. That will be awesome :cool:

But sadly, I don't think it's for anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    T6 versions of existing ships depend on several factors; which Cryptic explained to us was the reason they bothered with the T6 Pathfinder in the first place. Otherwise, they'd keep to their intention of not releasing T6 versions of existing ships "at this time".
    - Iconic ship or Hero ship
    - Starring in a major episode chain
    - Involved a fair bit of resources on said ship
    - Commanded by an iconic character

Currently, the most likely candidates for a T6 with those criteria are:

Rhode Island/Nova - If they keep DR focusing on Harry and co.

Galaxy - If they decide to star LeVar Burton and his Challenger. 2 for 3 for a 3-pack bundle (Gal-X doesn't count).

Defiant - If they return to DS9 and star the ship in conflicts there. Also 2 for 3 for a 3-pack bundle.

Additionally, the Pathfinder gives us a solid idea of what a T6 Galaxy and Defiant would look like seat-wise; they all share the same core seating arrangement, fitted to the class orientation of the ships. So the Galaxy would have the Ensign Eng made an Lt Uni and the Lt. Tac a Hybrid, while the Defiant's Ensign Tac is made Lt. Uni with the Lt. Science made a Hybrid.

Less likely, but also due for 3-packs:
    Akira/Armitage
    Valdore/Mogai R.
    Dhael/Dhelan R.
    D'Ridthau/D'Deridex R.
    T'Varo/T'Varo R.
    Gorn Ships
    Nausican Ships
    KDF Raptors
    Orion Ships

Honorable Mention:
    Sovereign/Regent - On the grounds of also having been an iconic ship; having been an Enterprise bearer.
    KDF BoP - Iconic classic enemy
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    suphoria wrote: »
    "My personal taste in ships says "I only like cannon" so I want the ships I like to play to be as good as the ships that are the best in the game so I don't feel gimped for staying with a low level ship"
    Well this truly shows that you haven't been paying attention.

At no point did I ask that current (non-T6) ships become T6.
    suphoria wrote: »
    End statement: Unless they plan to re-re-re-release some low level ships, the cannon ships are done with. The game must move forward, and clinging to decades-old ship designs because your childhoold-feels get kindered is not something the game mechanics should cater to for longer then 10 levels - the time it takes you to play the ship and get bored of it, and move on.
    Again, I don't really want them to (re)release any of the current ships, all I'm asking for is that they don't forget them, and that a few tweaks are undertaken, and that a few additional skins be released.
    T6 versions of existing ships depend on several factors; which Cryptic explained to us was the reason they bothered with the T6 Pathfinder in the first place. Otherwise, they'd keep to their intention of not releasing T6 versions of existing ships "at this time".
    Once again, I'm not requesting that the classic ships be upgraded to T6. The only reason the Intrepid made it is because Geko is a huge fan of the series/design ... or so I've heard.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222