test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which Intelligence Powers to Get

berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Academy
I just took advantage of the sale to get the Faeht, but I'm new to this intel thing, and I'm on New Romulus at the trainer looking through the abilities, wondering which one/s to get. I've read that the "override safeties" is apparently the "go-to" skill these days, but wanted to ask the community first if there are any other intel skills worth looking into.
6e5OTnq.png
Post edited by beraht on

Comments

• Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if you use OSS, carry one copy of engineer team to counter it. Roms can quantum absorb during shields down but ET lets you cover a loss of weapons which is annoying.

Turbulence is very similar to beta and I found it easier to slot beta X 2 on this ship. But I have a cramped setup with 2 copies of faw, 2 copies of surgical, tac team all piled in there.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    IIRC Ionic Turbulence still stacks with Attack Pattern Beta, so it's still useful.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ionic still functions you just have to be a bit more strategic with your shots since it doesnt home in but has a large blast radius so it still hits most of the time unless the target is really fast and can dodge. Aside form OSS and SS which were mentioned i do find use for evade target lock and intel team for the "stealth" buff, drops threat but still allows you to fire in a sort of clocked state. For anything else normal abilities work fine.
  • Options
    baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    The top three *were* Override Subsystem Safeties, Surgical Strikes, and Ionic Turbulence. However, Ionic was hit with some rather serious changes very recently and I'm not sure where it stands now.

Most of the rest are roughly equal to the skills in other professions, but those two or three are very strong.

I ran Ionic Turbulence today on my Phantom and only once did it actually work and even then it was quickly over and the target was right back to moving and shooting.

Its a waste of a slot now. And if the PvPers have their way Surgical Strikes will be next as they want the ACC on it be removed.