test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion] DSE Rewards

szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
While I've long wanted each faction to have their own mini-reputation; I think this might be a more reasonable alternative that will also give some long time interest in running DSEs.

All Deep Space Encounters have a chance to drop special batteries you cannot get anywhere else:

Salvaged Weapon Battery - Grants a +5% bonus to Accuracy for 10 seconds.
Salvaged Shield Battery - Grants a +5% bonus to Shield Emitters for 10 seconds.
Salvaged Engine Battery - Grants a +5% bonus to Defense for 10 seconds.
Salvaged Auxiliary Battery - Grants a +5% bonus to Hull Repair for 10 seconds.

Additionally, each DSE has a chance to drop unique Consumable Devices that reflect the encounter group in question:

Gorn: Gorn Minelayer Platform - Photon Mines with Dispersal Pattern Alpha 1.
Orion: Orion Neural Inhibitor - Platform that increases recharge times of any hostile ship within range.
Nausicaan: Nausicaan Plasma Trap - Platform that creates a large cloud of Warp Plasma/Theta Radiation around it(can be destroyed by taking out the platform).

Tal Shiar: Tal Shiar Missile Platform - Rapid Fire Missile Launcher with Torpedo Spread 1.
Obsidian Order: Obsidian Defense Platform - Spiral Disruptor Beam with Beam Overload 1.
Breen: Breen Power Sink - Platform that drains power from nearby ships(like an Aceton Assimilator/Aceton Probe that isn't immune to energy weapons nor deals exotic/any damage)

Mirror Universe: Dimensional Displacer - Grants +5k Temporary hit points to your ship.
Borg: Borg Adaptation Module - Cleanses and grants immunity to Hazards for 5 seconds.
Tholian: Tholian Power Stabilizer - Repairs and prevents Subsystem Disables for 5 seconds.
Voth: Voth Immunity Circuit - Grants immunity to the next 3-5 incoming attacks.
Elachi: Elachi Analyzer - Platform that uses "Invasive Scan" on hostile targets in range; no weapons.

Hirogen: Hirogen Signal Dampener - Platform that reduces detection range of nearby friendly ships.
Klingon: Klingon Strategic Warhead - 15km Suicide pet/Cruise Missile; basically a consumable version of the Bio-Neural Warhead without the turret.

All consumeables share a cooldown with batteries.

I'm sure I'm missing some; feel free to offer some factional Consumable Device suggestions that aren't stupidly OP.

Edit: Filled in blanks and added a couple more that were missing.