test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give the Delta set a fourth piece bonus

davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Reputation System
I would like to see the Delta set actually give a bonus for equipping all four pieces. Taking a page from the DS9 episode "The Jem'Hadar", the first time the Federation faced polaron based weapons, shields were worthless. Therefore, I propose that equipping all four pieces should add a shield penetration effect to all polaron weapons equipped. This should be slightly different enough such that it stacks rather than overlaps with Directed Energy Modulation.

I will concede that Fed Crusiers and Sci ships (save the DSD and the Vesta) and a few of the Lobi and Lockbox stores will not be able to access this power.

Edit: Delta Ordinace set (Weapon, Weapon, Weapon, Console).
Post edited by davidwford on

Comments

• sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    I would like to see the Delta set actually give a bonus for equipping all four pieces. Taking a page from the DS9 episode "The Jem'Hadar", the first time the Federation faced polaron based weapons, shields were worthless. Therefore, I propose that equipping all four pieces should add a shield penetration effect to all polaron weapons equipped. This should be slightly different enough such that it stacks rather than overlaps with Directed Energy Modulation.

I will concede that Fed Crusiers and Sci ships (save the DSD and the Vesta) and a few of the Lobi and Lockbox stores will not be able to access this power.

There may be polaron weapons in Delta quadrant, but the Jem'Hadar version is in the Gamma quadrant. Just because the Jem/Dominion were able to exploit a 24th Century weakness, does not mean the Delta version will be as effective in the 24th Century.
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    davidwford wrote: »

So what your saying the power to remove from existence wasn't powerful enough for you? You want shield bleedthrough as well? If you want that effect go replace some of your existing polaron's with Vaadwaur polaron's I think the ability is good being what it is.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So what your saying the power to remove from existence wasn't powerful enough for you? You want shield bleedthrough as well? If you want that effect go replace some of your existing polaron's with Vaadwaur polaron's I think the ability is good being what it is.

I think he means the other delta set - the one with the DHC, BA, console and torp. I might be wrong though.

As it stands the delta ordnance set only gives up to a 3pc bonus, as it only registers either the beam array or DHC, not both. To be honest I love the 3pc (isokinetic cannon) enough on its own merits, I wouldnt mind if no 4pc was incoming.

Even on the other delta set, the 4pc is junk. Tantalus field is bad beyond belief - removing small fighter and torpedos, and only within 3 kilometres? Useless. You end up being stuck with a junk impulse engine, though the core, deflector and shied are excellent (the core and deflector get AMP and SciCdr respectively, and the shield comes with a stacking hardness proc).

Couldnt agree more on vaadwaur polaron though. They are awesome. They really help debuff a targets resistance, and they work great before a neutronic TS3.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dave18193 wrote: »
    I think he means the other delta set - the one with the DHC, BA, console and torp. I might be wrong though.

As it stands the delta ordnance set only gives up to a 3pc bonus, as it only registers either the beam array or DHC, not both. To be honest I love the 3pc (isokinetic cannon) enough on its own merits, I wouldnt mind if no 4pc was incoming.

Even on the other delta set, the 4pc is junk. Tantalus field is bad beyond belief - removing small fighter and torpedos, and only within 3 kilometres? Useless. You end up being stuck with a junk impulse engine, though the core, deflector and shied are excellent (the core and deflector get AMP and SciCdr respectively, and the shield comes with a stacking hardness proc).

Couldnt agree more on vaadwaur polaron though. They are awesome. They really help debuff a targets resistance, and they work great before a neutronic TS3.

Yes, I am talking about the Delta Ordinance weapon set. Why would I want to add the Polaron weapon penetration for the Shield/Deflector/Engine/Core set?