What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - February 27, 2015

Comments

• Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Go to Alpha Quadrant and it's fllying near the edge of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, look near Denobula-Triaxa system for the comet.

Found the comet. Thanks for the heads up. This is going to be a bit to get used to.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For those of you experiencing Graphics-related crashes, I MAY have a solution. No promises, try for yourself. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with an Intel integrated card, so I shouldn't have crashed anyway.

When I initially attempted to load Tribble, it crashed my graphics driver and took the client with it. The Fatal Error reported had D3D11 on it, so I assumed it was a DX11 issue. I attempted to edit gameprefs.pref to disable DX11. Failed. Finally, loaded Holodeck, swapped from DX11 to DX9ex, and COPIED gameprefs.pref from my Live localdata folder to Playtest localdata, replacing the Tribble settings in doing so. Tribble loaded successfully. Unknown if this affects DX10 or anything else, will test.

HOWEVER, this is not without its caveats. Weapon visuals are duller (Voth AP beams don't have their unique texture), some weapon visuals (Borg Plasma, the Neutronic Torpedo) are invisible, and almost every ability with an effect in space (Voth immunity shields, gravity wells, tykens rifts, tachyon beams, the like) are invisible if you're more than half a KM out. Will test further to see if I can get these issues mitigated.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    Found the comet. Thanks for the heads up. This is going to be a bit to get used to.
    No problem. I noticed it immediately, since it looks similar to the one from the DS9 opening credits scene.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    pleggplegg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone who test so far have found a Foundry Mission ? or it's not enable yet ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Entrepreneur Plegg
    "The French Ferengi"
    =/\= Fleet Admiral =/\= Starfleet Ambassador =/\= Tactical Officer =/\=
    D'Kora Marauder [T5-U] - Marauder Mo
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not really a bug, but the Hobus system is just a white star and a debris field. It should be a gigantic supernova remnant.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    plegg wrote: »
    Anyone who test so far have found a Foundry Mission ? or it's not enable yet ?
    Foundry's turned off for the time being on Tribble.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really like the new workings of sector space :)

I have also noticed:
    • The sound disappears between sectors.
    • The Transwarp button seems to crash the game.
    • I found the Transwarp Conduit in the Risa Sector which transwarped me to the Gamma Orionis Sector Block but couldn't find the matching transwarp conduit back to the Risa Sector. Had to warp back normally (not sure if this has been designed this way or not)
  • Options
    atronach1atronach1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i like everything about this update. But i have a suggestion with the scaling of things, The suns are perfect but the planets are stilll seemingly too small. I know it might be hard to scale the planets too but have you thought about downsizing the size of ships in sector space abit, for example when i came to earth my ship was 10x the size of it then in the system it was 10x the size of me. scaling the ships down in size might mean you don't have to scale everything so bigger that the ships to compensate.
  • Options
    williamjanewaywilliamjaneway Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Diplomatic Immunity is no longer required for KDF space and vice versa for KDF going to Federation space, is this a temporary bug? or has that feature been removed now and all of space is accessible by any faction?
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    -Sol system only has eight planetary orbits. Pluto is sad.

Currently what the IAU called the "8 or 32" problem is the "8 or 359 and counting" problem. At the present rate of discovery it will be the "8 or 15000" problem by 2400, though at some point the rate of discovery is likely to slow. Pluto's status is as secure now as it should have been in 1970.

Edit: Oops, 273 was just Brown's 5th category, not the entire catalog
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    miwifbsd wrote: »
    That comes already next week?

It is part of Season 10.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Also I am curious is quantum slipstream drive getting a revamp?
  • Options
    graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Like what they did with the sector map. :)

I would prefer if it would be possible to zoom out a bit more from the ship.
    If you near a system the sun basically fill 2/3 of your screen at the current furthest zoom level.

Doubling or even tripling that range wouldn't hurt.

The ability to hunt for resources in sector space (unknown comet etc.) is also a neat addition.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    as you devs spending alot of time on this thread i got another question its relating to sector space, i had an idea about the personal comms code thing where you can call a freighter in, why not combine the usage of this and the bridge? As the bridges are only really for RP instead of having a code you call from outside your ship why not give the option to go to your bridge and call from there instead it would give great use to bridges just like account bank and you can only call it the same amount of time?
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    atronach1 wrote: »
    i like everything about this update. But i have a suggestion with the scaling of things, The suns are perfect but the planets are stilll seemingly too small. I know it might be hard to scale the planets too but have you thought about downsizing the size of ships in sector space abit, for example when i came to earth my ship was 10x the size of it then in the system it was 10x the size of me. scaling the ships down in size might mean you don't have to scale everything so bigger that the ships to compensate.

>_>

<_<

Pssst. . . We're already scaling your ship down, a lot. It's actually about the smallest we can make it without breaking more stuff.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    >_>

<_<

Pssst. . . We're already scaling your ship down, a lot. It's actually about the smallest we can make it without breaking more stuff.

I understand where you guys are coming from but the ships do feel very big. Especially large ones like the recluse or the scimitar. My ship was taking up about 3/5 of my screen in sector space.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    >_>

<_<

xparr15 wrote: »
    I understand where you guys are coming from but the ships do feel very big. Especially large ones like the recluse or the scimitar. My ship was taking up about 3/5 of my screen in sector space.

Worth noting that I don't think all ships are properly scaled yet. Some of us noted that the Wells class for instance was gigantic compared to the new command cruisers (which on Holodeck are larger than the Wells). Also, several ships including the Wells can't scroll out the camera which I'm guessing means those are the ships which haven't been scaled down properly yet.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    >_>

<_<

haha :P but my ship is bigger than earth break more stuff i want earth to be bigger ;)
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't really like how the stars suddenly lose their glows and turn into these ugly balls when you enter the system. Is there some way to keep them bright?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    >_>

<_<

So that's why glows from specific gear are so huge:

http://postimg.org/image/nhjhwyz77/

http://postimg.org/image/jhucpf3ff/

The Assimilated deflector and engine are scaled down accordingly, but the glowing parts from them aren't.

Oh, and granting someone Diplomatic immunity or Raiding party also has a HUGE visual that plays next to the targeted ship.

That really needs to be looked at.

EDIT: Oh my, and this too (I didn't notice with my Doffing window ope all over the screen):

http://postimg.org/image/lw2t1ezj3/
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    speedystrekspeedystrek Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Entering an orbit do not have a warp in sequence. Tried it Sol, DS9 and Bajor. Warp out sequence work like usual.

And please let us zoom out like before or still in orbit. I´d like so see the new systems and would like to have a better over few.
    7mf4rl12.png
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    >_>

<_<

I take it eventually the ships are going to be roughly in scale with each other, so some would be increasing in size relative to smaller vessels? Though it was pretty funny seeing a Nova-class the same size as my Galaxy-class starship earlier.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't really like how the stars suddenly lose their glows and turn into these ugly balls when you enter the system. Is there some way to keep them bright?

Turn bloom on. They look great, though completely blinding when bloom is on.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    atronach1 wrote: »
    Interesting. My Assault cruiser was roughly the same size as Earth. The planet was large enough to do somewhat a respectable orbit.
    Diplomatic Immunity is no longer required for KDF space and vice versa for KDF going to Federation space, is this a temporary bug? or has that feature been removed now and all of space is accessible by any faction?
    I was wondering that too. Crossed into KDF space without so much as a whisper from Listening Post Morska.

Will that be consistent or is it for characters that reached the actual end of the war arc?
    >_>

<_<

Pssst, boss so that's directly related to not be able to zoom out further right?

I'll try turning the bloom on to see what's what.

Another bug. The new sectors especially revamped Eta Eridani and the Klingon space south of it there was no way to go to the Alpha Quadrant. I ended up using Transwarp.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    UPDATED LIST
    hey, Tacofangs, was playing tribble with folks and figured something out. (may already be known)

It isnt a camera issue most of the time, its a scale issue. some of the ships are HUGE!!!

ships I noted not to scale
    *Type 8 Shuttle
    *Captains Yacht (really big)
    *Mobius Destroyer (dwarfs the Odyssey)
    *Type F Shuttle
    *Obelisk Carrier (OMG ITS GODZILLA)
    *Risian Corvette
    *Danube Runabout
    *Yellowstone Runabout
    *Ferengi Shuttle
    *Breen Sar Theln Carrier
    *Nicor Bioship
    *Delta Flyer
    *Breen Plesh Brek

still looking for more

other issue: the Ha'feh warbird lights are not attactched to the ship

bug discovered at Iconia System. (blame them :P )

*extra note: Fireworks have the same problem, but while i would rescale them, i'd leave 'em bigger than they were for fun

Reposting this here because it might be more pertenant in this chat than where i put it initially
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Reposting this here because it might be more pertenant in this chat than where i put it initially

Also Wells class and Nova Class. The engine particle effects (from things like Borg transwarp engines or Breen engines) and the deflector effects look hilarious on ships which have already been scaled down because they haven't scaled the effects down yet lol.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015

Don't turn off bloom.

We are still missing some FX and there will be more work done on the Star materials, so they may improve a bit, but I keep hearing people saying they turn off bloom, but then wonder why the stars are just big spheres. . .
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited March 2015
    I made some screenshots for interested friends, but they also illustrate some bloom or maybe also lensflare related issues:

http://imgur.com/a/7RtiU#0

This said, my bloom is at 20%. Nebulae on Holodeck show nicely this way, and they also do so on Tribble. The new suns are glowing too bright and when entering the system they are just balls without glow. See screenshots.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hey taco is there gonna be any updates to the slipsteam fx?