test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spock/Nimoy Tribute on Vulcan

admgriffithsadmgriffiths Member Posts: 0 Arc User
(Apologies to begin yet another thread. Feel free to merge wherever appropriate.)

Much like the "To Absent Friends" memorial which stands at Starfleet Academy, I hope Cryptic seriously considers erecting a similar memorial to Leonard Nimoy, ideally on Vulcan.

Unless his family has an objection, I think this would be frankly an awesome gesture as Nimoy and his character continue to live on in so many ways. The Mark Valentine memorial at SFA is truly a touching addition to the game, one that I think gives it much more meaning beyond new feature episodes. Further it really reveals just how much of a community STO has become, one where gamers know their developers very well.

I believe a Nimoy memorial would only strengthen STO's place in Star Trek culture, and given just how many people are literally standing at the virtual Vulcan since learning of the tragic news, there is very clearly a true respect for the great Leonard Nimoy.

Fair winds and following seas, Mr. Nimoy.
Post edited by admgriffiths on

Comments

• bougebouge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yea, what he said....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silly Doffs

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    +1 ... just replace the Fountain, it's only logical ... wasting water on planets like well Vulcan seems illogical, anyway ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's actually touching to see the turn out of avatars at Vulcan around the Fountain
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    The EP said in the "official" thread that they're working on an in-game memorial, which will go live next Thursday. :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I kinda wonder why Spock didn't already have a memorial at the games grand opening after he disappeared during the Hobus incident?
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    captz1pp wrote: »
    I kinda wonder why Spock didn't already have a memorial at the games grand opening after he disappeared during the Hobus incident?
    Not sure, but now, there are no reasons why we shouldn't have a Spock memorial on Vulcan.

Perhaps do a small diplomatic mission to go along, with Romulan from the Republic and Vulcan commemorating his disappearance, and the fact he stopped the Hobus supernova (albeit a bit late for Romulus), and did his best to protect the Romulans. As a reward, I don't know, perhaps the Spock recorder Feds have (you can hear Spock comment for a lot of sector with it) ?

I think it would be a nice thing to honor Nimoy in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]