test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trying to get a handle on the Command Platforms' bonuses...

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
Command Platforms

Set 2: Integrated RCS Module
+15 Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating
+15 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating
+30% Flight Turn Rate

Set3: Encrypted Command Frequencies
Your Bridge Officer abilities build 33% more Inspiration for yourself
+15% Maximum Shield Capacity

Set 4: Command Platform Synergy
+33% Energy Weapon Damage
Self: Upgrades Command Battlecruiser console powers.
-Defense Platform: Create a second defense platform
-Fleet Support Platform: The platform will now also heal ally hull for a moderate amount
-Tachyon Pulse Platform: Increases the range of the Tachyon Pulse beams to 10km.

Regenerative Integrity Field
+26.6% Hull Healing*
Regenerative Integrity Field

Defense Platform
+25% Mine and Torpedo Damage
Deploy Defense Platform

Fleet Support Platform
+5% Maximum Hull Capacity
Deploy Fleet Support Platform

Tachyon Pulse Platform
Reduces Damage to Shields by 2.5%
Shield Heals are improved by 10%
Deploy Tachyon Pulse Platform

So if we "ignore" deploying the Platforms, using the RIF, and the boost to gaining Inspiration; running the 4-piece should provide us with the following:

+15 Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating
+15 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating
+30% Flight Turn Rate
+15% Maximum Shield Capacity
+33% Energy Weapon Damage
+26.6% Hull Healing*
+25% Mine and Torpedo Damage
+5% Maximum Hull Capacity
Reduces Damage to Shields by 2.5%
Shield Heals are improved by 10%

So if we were to try to break those down into consoles/near consoles...

Common Neutronium Alloy Mk XI
Common RCS Accelerator Mk XI
Common Field Generator Mk XI
~2x Common Directed Energy Distribution Manifold Mk XII
~2x Common Prefire Chamber Mk XII
2x Common Variable Geometry Detonators Mk IX
2x Common Warhead Yield Chamber Mk IX
~3x Common Field Emitter Mk XI
~Common Emitter Array Mk X

The +5% Hull Capacity is a bit tricky, since it's not a console but rather a mod we see elsewhere. We can create a fake console, though. And with it being ~16.2 Starship Structural Integrity, yep - it would be another Common Mk XI type console.

The +26.6% Hull Healing* was showing issues before the last patch, and to be honest I haven't really looked at them.

Say we were to look at the heal from Engineering Team I, eh? Here's the formula for ET's healing.

((Ship Tier + 1) / 2) * ((Ability Rank + 2) / 3) * ((Skill / 200) + 1) * 1350 = Heal

My ET1 shows 6662.2 and I have 129 Starship Hull Repair, so we can take a look the formula to see if the Ship Tier bit's working...FT6 in this case.

((6 + 1) / 2) * ((1 + 2) / 3) * ((129 / 200) + 1) * 1350 = 6662.2
(7 / 2) * (3 / 3) * (0.645 + 1) * 1350 = 6662.2
3.5 * 1 * 1.645 * 1350 = 6662.2
7772.625 != 6662.2
If we drop it down to T5, pretending T6 doesn't exist (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)...
3 * 1 * 1.645 * 1350 = 6662.25

Okay, so that's that...now let's slot the Kobali RIF console. ET1's now showing 8436.1 for the heal.

And..wow, okay then, that's a straight up +26.6% bonus...which it wasn't doing before. Nifty then...though, I've no idea how to put a "bonus" heal into a fake console...heh.

Now keep in mind, the +5% Hull Health isn't a bonus kind of boost in that sense. It's +5% of your base hull. Both the Fed and Roms have 55,000 @L60, while the KDF have 57,500 @L60. So that's +2750 Hull for Feds/Roms and +2875 for KDF.

The same goes for the +15% Shield Capacity, based on the shield mod and the shield itself - that's the increase you'll see. For example, on my Science Command Battlecruiser with VR12 MACO Shields (and whatever other gearing I've got in place there), it takes me from 14,651 to 15,782. That's an increase of 1131; which we can divide by 0.15 to get 7540 which we would then divide by 1.115 to get ~6762...which I think's the number for the VR12 MACO. Hrmm, I know I've done some shield math out there from discussing the various shields, but I just can't remember it off hand. The gist was to point out that it's +15% of the base.

And well then, there was the "ignored" bit...the actual consoles themselves, the boost to Inspiration, and even what the 4pc does for the three Platforms...but that's beyond the scope of this post.

NOTE(1): The damage boosts are Strength or what some folks call Cat1 (I think it's Cat1, lol, brainfart - Cat1 are the Tac Console boosts, right?).

NOTE(2): This post isn't a recommendation to use them or not use them. I was just a wee bit bored. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    interesting info.

Generally I use set bonuses for my undergeared alts and this one is nice. The improved tachyon platform is crazy strong with a moderate amount of flowcaps and the phaser/disruptor/plasma platform is really fun dropped in some warp plasma. I hope they go back and add stats to all universal consoles.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2015

NOTE(1): The damage boosts are Strength or what some folks call Cat1 (I think it's Cat1, lol, brainfart - Cat1 are the Tac Console boosts, right?).

NOTE(2): This post isn't a recommendation to use them or not use them. I was just a wee bit bored. :D

Strength/Base and Bonus/Flat I know, Cat1 (and Cat2) would be new to me. If those were Bonus, it would be really interesting to use them and would provide them with a substantial boost (the ships itself) against other Cruisers.
    From the Devs position of moar money,moar money, moar money alone Bonus damage would be a far better chance to sell things...
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Earlier this week I switched my Main from the Fleet Excelsior I've been flying for years and moved him into the Presidio Command Ship. I had a solid >15k DPS PvE ship build (A2B FAW Romulan Plasma build w/Marion/DEM) that I've been satisfied with for eons, but felt it was time for a change so dove in and bought the Command Ship bundle (two days before sale, more's the pity :rolleyes: ). I pretty much just transferred over my Excel build into the Tac Command ship.

I didn't do extensive before/after testing (yet, maybe some day), but I do seem to recall my beam array tool tip (unbuffed, while parked in Sol) showed about 980DPS with my old gear in the new ship, and dropped to ~860DPS when I took out my Nukara Particle Converter and two Mk XII Embassy Emitter Arrays [-Th] [Pla], but then rose back up to ~960 when I added in the Command 4-pc bundle. As far as I care, that's a negligible difference in tooltip DPS in exchange for four new clicky powers.

In practice, I do notice the increased Threat I'm accumulating, I am getting shot at more in STFs. I'm also losing my shields faster. Not sure if that latter point is due to something inherit of my new build, or I heard that Borg Tachyon Beams got majorly buffed recently (is this true?). It's something I'll see if I can tweak out of my build at some point.

Or not. It was surprising at first, but I've managed to compensate/overcome (actually things are a bit more exciting... I have to pay more attention to my heals, heh).

Plus I need to learn more how to use those new clicky powers. I'm still not sure when it's best to use them/what they're doing. And I got the ship's new Command powers to learn about. So more to look forward to. Yay! And my overall performance seems unchanged (still getting >15kDPS)

Anyway Virusdancer, I appreciate your breakdown of what the bundle is doing for me. I feel less bad about losing the tree consoles I dropped off, since it seems I'm getting several consoles-worth of goodness back, and your list will help me when I get around to tweaking my build.

Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In practice, I do notice the increased Threat I'm accumulating, I am getting shot at more in STFs. I'm also losing my shields faster. Not sure if that latter point is due to something inherit of my new build, or I heard that Borg Tachyon Beams got majorly buffed recently (is this true?). It's something I'll see if I can tweak out of my build at some point.

Aye, there's a couple (a few threads) out there both discussing and complaining about the changes. The discussions have attracted the standard mix of Group A arguing with Group B sort of thing, but there's still information that can be fished from the mess.

I know a couple of the threads got merged with Bort's thread (folks were discussing the same thing in all three threads and have even started cross-linking and quoting themselves from the other threads while discussing/arguing it)...

Bort's thread:

Tachyon Beam - Updated Values
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1380771

I didn't really notice a difference, but that's likely tied into my "wtf where are my shields?" thing that I started experiencing back in January that I couldn't find any support for...lol/meh. Which basically meant that I had over a month or so to adapt my build to what is still taking some players by surprise. I even dropped out a video, where folks pointed out what was happening to the shields as something new - it was along the lines of what I'd been seeing since mid-Jan.

But yeah, aggro a bunch of Spheres or the like in ISA or whatever where they've got their Tachyon Beam, depending on your PI...shields will be gone in a blink or a wink for most folks.

Which, is something where the hangar, imho, comes in pretty hand...send the poor buggers in first to get targeted by the Tachyon Beams. :D