Options

Cryptic i have a question

2»

Comments

• Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Many veteran players have already left !

STO is changing the game to be more profitable and a NEW player will not notice the Nerfs or the grind..And a new NOOB will spend CASH

So the more Veterans who leave is good for cryptic we wont pass along how it used to be.Or how it suks now ect

Players are always leaving. They've been leaving since launch. My first fleet was dead in a matter of months. I have friends who bought lifetime subscriptions during beta and quit playing in the first year. It happens. People get bored and move on to the next shiney thing.

Congrats to Cryptic if they figure out a way to make the game more profitable. Good for them, it means they'll keep the lights on longer and I'll get to play longer. I'm all for Crytpic making a boatload of cash. If they can figure out a way to get some folks to pay a million bucks for something, go for it! Make that blatant cash grab! Maybe TacoFangs will post a picture of his new Bentley. As long as they are getting rich, they have a reason to keep the game running.

Funny but when I'm in game, I don't have herds of newbies running up to me at ESD saying, "Please, Mister Lifer, please tell us what it was like in the good old days when everything was awesome." If they did I would say, you know what... The game isn't any worse now than at launch. In many ways it's better.
  • Options
    grravergrraver Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I do enjoy all these threads popping up on a frequent basis. The discussions, and people calling each other things. Grammar TRIBBLE making there torpedo runs too lol
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    grraver wrote: »
    I do enjoy all these threads popping up on a frequent basis. The discussions, and people calling each other things. Grammar TRIBBLE making there torpedo runs too lol

You meant to say "their."
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    grraver wrote: »

OMG! OMG! It's "their" "GRAMMAR TRIBBLE MAKING THEIR!!!!!!! TORPEDO RUNS TOO!"

You know who else couldn't use 'there', 'they're', 'their' correctly. HITLER! that's who.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2015
    I dont see them as noobs,you maybe know how to get it for free but its not free it takes TIME,so if i have the money why shouldnt i spend it in whatever i want,hey if i can afford it and it saves me time from farming maybe its better for me.

And yeah with that little piece of info "sold my jedi for 500" i know the sort of person that you are,so go ahead and grind your eyes out so you dont spend any real money...the noobs will get it in 1 minute instead of 2 months like you and spend all that free time doing other stuff...yeah you really smart!!....lol

I love your type

I WANT IT ALL NOW.............. I applaud you plz spend as much as you can myself and cryptic appreciate it... I am serious thank you for supporting STO

I saw the NGE coming I didn't like wow so I sold my jedi I knew the game I loved was over...........pretty smart huh

I guess you open lock boxes too ?

ive spent more on this game than the law allows......I was a noob once myself

now I need a tissue !
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I didnt force you to post did i?

i ask a valid question and get trolled how typical :rolleyes:
    Valid question, eh? You asked if the company is driving players away, how can that not be considered a "troll" question or even a flamebait question? You asked it knowing full well the responses you'd get. What you asked is pretty much trolling.

In any case, your question is moot, since it was only to garner the responses it has already gained.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You and your post are as annoying as the character that is in your avatar...

Bazinga!:cool:
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    you simply wont get an honest answer
    ... not only because everyone who disagrees with you will jump on this thread fight your original statement... which in the end is what turns this thread into flames

its like asking "why is picard the best captain" and then ppl start to spam "no janeway is".... "no sisko" bla bla

The original question finds relative little attention when opinions collide.

So why would cryptic try to chase players away?
    well...
    maybe they are sick of the game?
    maybe they they dont care about the players?
    maybe they just reached a dead end and find no real way out of it again?
    dunno

Maybe its simply best to ask if this is really cryptics intention before you ask for the reasons for it.
    Personally I dont think that this is their intention... but i think their decisions lately have clearly motivated players to leave the game. I think many of their decisions are stupid and short-sighted. There are many design failures, massive bugs and a customer/player unfriendly environment.
    I dont think this will change anytime soon.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hanlon's Razor applies
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Classy question,I can see your parents lacked the time to teach you proper manners and how to be well educated,or maybe they already knew you were a lost cause...beh you're not really worth effort. With the crass question you just made you lost what little appreciation I had for you as a human being,welcome to the pond scum department...you will be in good company thou,met a lot of posters like you over the years.

Ive read through all the active threads today.
    In every thread you replied to, you were arguing with other forum members, getting personal and even insulted them.
    Maybe you should not talk about proper manners when not being able/willing to show such manners.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cryptic is doing a poor job of driving me away from the game.

They are, however, doing a very excellent job of curbing my spending.

I used to average out to about what a sub would bring in for spending each month (just spikier spending). So far, for this season, and the months leading up to it where we've known about T5-U and T6, I've spent $20 on the game.

Advanced is not old Elite with its instant fail mandatory optionals.

Spec points are an unneeded grind.

Basically, I pretend a lot of stuff doesn't exist any more, like Rep gear that requires currencies you can't get in a battle ground, and the game is unfortunately better for it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2015
    kerygan wrote: »
    And all nerf request and crying on forums about the new content is made by vets. And so called pvpers.

Sorry but as an STO vet myself, I forget the last time I posted a request for a nerf to something. And new content is good, providing it is tested correctly and not released full of bugs. But please don't tar all of us "vets" with the same brush.

But in response to the OP, a answer to his/her question would be interesting, because DR does seem like a big money grab.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anything else Mary Poppings?

Didnt think so.

That there could be seen as an insult. Although it is sarcasm
  • Options
    kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    Sorry but as an STO vet myself, I forget the last time I posted a request for a nerf to something. And new content is good, providing it is tested correctly and not released full of bugs. But please don't tar all of us "vets" with the same brush.

But in response to the OP, a answer to his/her question would be interesting, because DR does seem like a big money grab.

I'm sorry ,i should have mentioned „some” , but i did said „ all the posts are made by vets an pvpers” this dosent mean that all vets and pvpers are doing this kind of posts. Allsow i agree about rushed content ,especially at design department (i know what i'm talking about i'm a architect) and the balance problems. But this is not the way to aproach it , only negative feedback wont do any good . Devss are human allsow( not vulcans) with bosses , that want more and more money. This is all about money. Nobody keeps running the game cause he loves T'Pal. The pvp- pve imbalance comes from new MK XIV weapons compared with MK XIV shields and defence items,not from new skills. . The raw new content will be fixed in time , but not by raging at any new update .
  • Options
    grravergrraver Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    roadghost wrote: »
    OMG! OMG! It's "their" "GRAMMAR TRIBBLE MAKING THEIR!!!!!!! TORPEDO RUNS TOO!"

You know who else couldn't use 'there', 'they're', 'their' correctly. HITLER! that's who.

hehehe sowwy;)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I should ever start talking to a building or company as if it is a living person, shoot me. Because then I know my sense of reality is gone.
  • Options
    kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I should ever start talking to a building or company as if it is a living person, shoot me. Because then I know my sense of reality is gone.

How about a joint ?? I'll take one to..
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kerygan wrote: »
    How about a joint ?? I'll take one to..

nah, I usually take Xanor, Deanxit. But the big mouse says I should take them each day.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    the number one big topic pre-dr was "feeling of meaningful progression", because that what the roleplayers got in all their single player RPGs, and thats what cryptic added.

turn out, single player RPGs tropes like endless stat boosts from leveling, are a cancer to MMO games.

I think you've got to re-calibrate your villainizers.

Generally the people demanding new stuff to lord over the unwashed masses are the power gamers, not the role players.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Classy question,I can see your parents lacked the time to teach you proper manners and how to be well educated,or maybe they already knew you were a lost cause...beh you're not really worth effort. With the crass question you just made you lost what little appreciation I had for you as a human being,welcome to the pond scum department...you will be in good company thou,met a lot of posters like you over the years.

hopeless case
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    with balanced gameplay, everyone can have fun, because teh game would be balanced and functional for all
    with roleplay gameplay, only the roleplayers can have fun, because the rolplay game tropes of ever increasing stats and power-ups, is the opposite of balance.

You say that as if it was Cryptic's intention to create balance .
    Has the flood of power after power , special console after special console not convinced you that they are not after selling ... cosmetic items like ship skins ?

Yesterday I saw one more pic on STOReddit of the "team" playtesting Season 10 .
    I was sorely tempted to suggest that they take 30 minutes and load up some Lt Commander or Commander (non-Rom) toons and PVP a little and see the simple (and almost balanced) joys that this game can provide ... , and look at what is there to cultivate ... (instead of the 10.001 powers that they throw at us at Endgame) .

Yesterday (or the day before) , I also saw someone here on these forums drop the seemingly immortal "this game has so much potential" line .
    I don't know why , but reading that made me feel very sad . :(

... maybe because at one time ... a very long time ago , I thought so too ...