test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Devs, Any chance to get the command ships as physical models?

erhardgrunderhardgrund Member Posts: 167 Arc User
Well, i bought the new fed command bundle and i realy like the artwork/models.
Especially the combination of :

The Geneva Saucer and Neck,
Concorde lower Hull and primary pylons,
Presidio Nacelles,secondary pylons and upper hull.

It makes the ship look like a very big 2410 excelsior remake wich i love.

Id love to have a model of that sitting on my desk

Do you ever considerede to maybe colaborate with wizkids to produce such models in limited numbers? Id be interested in them.

Or is there a way to legaly aquire such ship as a file suitable for 3d printing?

Just asking. :)

Eddy
Cruisers ftw!
Post edited by erhardgrund on

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    One day we'll all have 3D Printers sitting on our desks. :D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think it would be awesome for cryptic to contract with a 3d printing company so that our toons and ships could be custom printed and shipped to us. Cubify is a 3d printing company that already has the star trek license, and you can have your face printed onto a Star Trek figurine for 60 bucks. I'm sure people would pay 6000 zen (or more with bundle deals) for a physical model of their ship or toon. I would.
  • shadowmudkipzshadowmudkipz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now, that's something I'd dump tons of CASH into. Really wish the do add this eventually.
    Exploration needs to return!
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would love this. Right up until my wife jammed a pen in my eye when she saw the model of my all female TOS MU bridge crew.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    roadghost wrote: »
    I would love this. Right up until my wife jammed a pen in my eye when she saw the model of my all female TOS MU bridge crew.

And another pen for your KDF Orion bikini squad ;)

It's probably a few years off, but eventually 3D printers should be able to add (low-quality) fiber-optic strands into the model. You'd then attach the model to a base with batteries and colored LEDs (or just white LEDs with the fiber strands doing the colors): Lighted windows, nacelles, deflectors!

Since it's 3D printed, you could also specify any impulse/shield/console effects you want applied (or none)/
  • docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sweet Idea I'd spend money on that in a heart beat have my Ship sitting on my desk as I play STO *starts driffting off into thought* Devs this = Money so why not? :D