test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what drives you to login in still?

jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
only reason i login in honestly is to refine dil and then log off after checking R&D stuff which im on my last school to get to 15. other than that if there's no events going on to get something worth while i don't even play this game anymore, reason? well pve ques are dead and even if you do get into one its over in less than a minute because it fails and bug hunt elite and CCE advanced is so boring now its not even funny. also not to mention how cryptic did us wrong when people like me has ships full of fleet gear also fleet ships and still have to pay more dil to upgrade it? no thanks .another thing im disgusted about? well i work to get plesh brek and new carrier on two toons and got the carrier on both toons but later found out that the plesh is bugged and you cant get it for the 40 marks on other toons and i sent numerous tickets in about it and only response i got from those is were working on it, yea ok. BUT i have to admit i recently got the kobali samsar cruiser and really enjoy flying it but i mean comon CCE advanced is getting old how am i suppose to upgrade my ship if i cant even get the stuff to make the tech upgrades because i don't have billions of EC to drop on materials idk take it how you will but this is how i feel as a veteran and you know what i might be f2p but i can guarantee i work 5 times harder to get what i want then someone that just gives in and pays real out of pocket money.

tell me how you guys feel :cool:
Post edited by jakal122481 on

Comments

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nostalgia? The memory of when I used to log in, play and actually enjoy myself...

I haven't really enjoyed anything since before New Romulus though...I pretend, go through the motions, but The Powers That Be killed the heart of this game a long time ago.
  • Options
    keepitnastykeepitnasty Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    Who's still logging in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdcPZc21agk

this is what's happening more and more...and they take their wallets with em'
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    yea i kinda feel the same way

EDIT i aint gonna lie since i got my kobali cruiser (which i fell in love with this ship) i have bin loggin in more
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Simple answer... I find I still enjoy playing...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I get down on STO, I go play war thunder or swtor (just patched it today, after more then a year long absence, took a long time lol).
    I find if I overdo any game it start feeling like the magic is gone.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    Simple answer... I find I still enjoy playing...

simplest answers are often the best
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,545 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm still having fun.

Story episodes. Crafting. Getting new ships and/or trying new loadouts for ships. Leveling up alts.

I haven't even tried the foundry yet, or optimized a build to do advanced / elite queues.

I was away for a couple of years and have only been back for 6 months, so I'm not jaded and bored like the rest of you yet.

Once I reach the point where I've done all I want to and it stops being fun, I'll go away for awhile.

If I'm down to just farming, it's not worth my time to play. I'd rather pay $10 when I eventually come back than farm 165,000 dil if I'm not having fun.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I actually enjoy playing and I have someone in real life I play with all the time and it's worth playing with them alone. There are still things I'm looking forward too as well like in season 10 when the sector walls will be removed.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I like the game and enjoy playing it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm still having fun.

Story episodes. Crafting. Getting new ships and/or trying new loadouts for ships. Leveling up alts.

I haven't even tried the foundry yet, or optimized a build to do advanced / elite queues.

I was away for a couple of years and have only been back for 6 months, so I'm not jaded and bored like the rest of you yet.

Once I reach the point where I've done all I want to and it stops being fun, I'll go away for awhile.

If I'm down to just farming, it's not worth my time to play. I'd rather pay $10 when I eventually come back than farm 165,000 dil if I'm not having fun.

ive farmed millions of dil and im still refining it lol
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    a.. wait...

That's actually a good question.

Being one of my fleet's leaders (443 members), friends I met in ages of PvPing, "Star Trek" component, stuff like that.

Though I'm sure that if it wasn't for the "Star Trek" thing, I'd have quitted probably.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    At the moment, there's nothing driving anyone to login cause we can't. :P

Seriously, they need to get their **** sorted out. The servers have gone from bad to worse lately, the game is jumpy, there's rubberbanding that crops up more than it should, in addition to disconnects. I'd truly like to know what it is when they claim they're running server maintenance, cause they obviously aren't.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just came back from a 3 year break because WoWs latest expansion is a disaster, stuff seems rather fresh to me, plus I'm working on a foundry mission
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still like building ships, like a Star Trek Lego set. Oddly though I don't actually like flying them (especially with how one-dimensional and egotistical the meta has gotten), just building.
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pakled tears.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Because it is Star Trek themed, need I say any more?

While I will never put another penny into STO, nor any other game associated with Cryptic or PWE, I will suck what ever enjoyment I can until the lights are turned off...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Who's still logging in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdcPZc21agk

this is what's happening more and more...and they take their wallets with em'
    It would be more entertaining if you didn't keep linking the same video.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Star Trek. Otherwise this game is terrible. lol

I gave up trying to keep up with the game's constant power creep a couple of years ago, and I've been mostly inactive for those last two years, but the Star Trek theme will undoubtedly keep me coming back until the game dies.
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's Trek, my buds play here, I've got OCD. I have a bit more fun when I'm not baited with a timegated grind, and oddly, it even works as a single-player game when I just want immersion. :cool:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I doff, and wait to see if the game becomes fun like it was before DR or just dies.

What brought me here in the first place? Space combat with my fav Trek ships. Hopefully, I'll get to do that again someday.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what drives you to login in still?

Obviously, it's penance for the collected crimes of countless past lives...

Right?
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    im starting to question this more and more . i hang with my fleetmates , but even then i can just hang out in the VOIP and not login at all . to me the dynamic of the game is so changed , that unless you have certain setups its pointless to play the game . there is no diversity left in the game no real strategy to playing the endgame its all Pew PEW . no debuff ,no hold aggro , like alot of other MMOS , in STO they just add hp and damage to make it harder they have the means , they have done it for certain events to change the dynamic of how and what is needed to complete content. there is lets make it pretty attitude rather than functional . out of all the things they brought with DR the only things that i think is a improvement is the Boff skill system . the spec system seems incomplete to me . and doesnt mesh with the skill point system well in my book.
    the single player component of the game is fun on its own level for that will keep me coming back .but im considering other options
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Like others I pretty much log in to chat with friends who still play. I log in when there's new story mission content too; but I've cut back on the 'hamster grind wheel' big time. I pretty much play one main character; and have abandoned 2 other Fed alts; 2 KDF alts, and a Rom (Fed Aligned) alt.

The focus on monetization over any real new 'fun gameplay' mechanics has just really dampened my desire to spend much time in STO. If the online friends I still have in game stop playing, I'm done.

It's sad because I have liked a lot of the recent story content and VO - but there's TOO LITTLE of that being done atm and TOO MUCH "Here's something to repeat again and again and again and again..." ad nauseum.

Yes, I get the latter is easier for the Devs, but I think sometimes they forget that if the game stops being enjoyable for players, said players will more on, and the game will sunset.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, at this point, I'm still logging in because this game is absolutely hilarious.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited February 2015
    Because I like STO
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I look at your complaints and laugh. You want to see a game which gives people little to no reason to login, look at Champions Online.

STO players are spoiled lol.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    zadetrekker1zadetrekker1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I log in each day knowing hopefully that the devs will make an episode where you can switch body's with say Captain Shon or Commander Jorok.

That would be a good episode cause you could get a chance to fly the Enterprise! Or the Liset!
    Soooo that would be cool.

Also another that they will bring out 22nd Century Maco uniforms!
    :D
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,762 Arc User
    edited February 2015