test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STILL Getting the Failure to Publish Error

djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
It's been about six months since I've seen this and the issue has not been resolved. Now I have another mission that I can't republish because of it. I can also say I have tried publishing these missions on two different PCs and have still gotten the error.

Here's the current list of missions I can't publish or republish, starting with the latest one to experience this problem:

ST-HDQ5KG9F9
ST-HPW9O2H3Y
ST-HK52DSFA6
Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Added to my list for investigation.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this.

What appears to be happening is that the beaconizing process (the adding of pathing information to maps) is timing out before finishing. I expect others with similarly large numbers of maps are having the same issue. As the game continues to add powers and systems, and content, server load increases, which slows down anything that requires calculations to be run. Setting up pathing information is calculation intensive, and so big missions with lots of ground maps may time out the process.

To address this, we're going to increase the time limit for the beaconizing process, and hopefully that will be live next week.

In the meantime, I suggest for future projects to break big ideas up into smaller pieces where possible. You folks often push the the envelope of what the Foundry was designed to do, and so produce some really impressive stuff. The side effect of that is occasionally hitting a wall.
    STO QA Team
This discussion has been closed.