Options

Odyssey T6 Refit... Anyone?

2»

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kintisho wrote: »
    Easier solution: Allow Fleet module to be used on a T5U Oddy = better than T6 and is a flagship/hero ship...

The C-Store Odysseys are already T5 Fleet level ships. The best you can do is use the Upgrade token on one of them to make them T5U. You're on crack if you think Cryptic is simply going to let you use a token like an Upgrade or FSM to take it to T6. Because their track history says the complete opposite.

T5U Odyssey better than T6? That's a laugh because the stats say plainly otherwise.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only way I would even consider a T6 flagship - and don't get me wrong, I love the Ody and Bortas - is if it's one ship per faction capable of using the T5 variant's consoles. I'm not double dipping on a 3/6/9 pack of ships.

But if it's a single ship per faction, - T6 Odyssey, 1 brand new console, capable of using all old toys - I would consider it strongly. I did enjoy the Odyssey.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The problem with all of these make this ship T6 threads is for every person willing to buy a T6 Oddy or Galaxy...there's the same number of people will complain of double dipping.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »
    The problem with all of these make this ship T6 threads is for every person willing to buy a T6 Oddy or Galaxy...there's the same number of people will complain of double dipping.

But with the re-release of the Intrepid as the Pathfinder- they've shown they're willing to go down that path anyway. And while I will double dip for a single ship to upgrade my favorite, I won't double dip on an entire ship pack.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While irritating the Pathfinder isn't a true double-dip, in that you get an entirely new ship that merely has the ability to use the intrepid skin.

While i am not a fan of the steep price of T6 ships, the high quality ship model alone warrants it as a new purchase.
  • Options
    papesh1papesh1 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is time for Cryptic to bring the latest flagship up to current tech. How else are we going to take care of these Iconians??!!???!!
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, I support this. First because I was working my way to buy Oddy pack long ago before Delta Rising expansion came. As I stopped playing for some longer time and returned during DR, I have noticed that new ships have been released, so I no longer wanted the Odyssey, but Guardian for some time before command battlecruisers were released.

Because of this, I support an idea of Odyssey T6 refit. Design wise, I don't think she needs some significant changes aside from already mentioned dual neck. That looks rather weird in my opinion.
    Ok, Avenger has one two, but it is fitting well with her design.

Besides Odyssey, I would like some other (canon) ships to get their T6 refits:

1. Sovereign class
    2. Galaxy class and Dreadnought Galaxy
    3. Nebula class
    4. Prometheus class
    5. Luna class

Besides that, I would like to finally see Norway class in game. I don't know why she's been left out in the first place, but imho she's much prettier ship than Saber or Steamrunner for that matter (and I don't remember seeing Steamrunner either), and she also exists in canon. She doesn't have to be T6, but T4 at least would be ok I guess.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!